D&D General I have decided on the ultimate dnd heresy

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
How about a proliferation of Tarrasques at various age categories? It works well with Spelljammer.

Hatchling Tarrasques sleep in the heart of small asteroids, and periodically awaken to wreak havoc across their pebbled surface.

Adult Tarrasques sleep in the depths of moons, awakening to blaze a trail of destruction across their craters.

Ancient Wyrm Tarrasques bathe in the plasma of stars, awakening once in an eon to consume them and turn them into a black hole.
to typical just another giant lizard.
Is that how you refer to the race of PROTO-THANOS…es?

Don’t make a xvart snap his fingers at you.
two things, I thought xarts are the endpoint of a being becoming THE ONE and then making endless clones just for the sake of hiding.
second I want them to try they would burn in the attempt.

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
All stories, in the end, are stories about the triumph of xvarts.

Joseph Campbell, The Xvart With a Thousand Faces
I will break the xvarts down to build meat cthulhu so I may ride the flesh blasphemy into battle.

I am basic themes from the monsters of hellboy, a very different elemental system, my new user image(see below) quintessons and the Yelbeghen to make a rival for dragons and giants...

1659739077228.png

jgsugden

Legend
Dragons can be so many different things. If you don't like the 'main stream' dragon, you can change them in ways that make them unique and interesting to your lore and campaign. They did it in Athas, they're redoing it in Fizban's with that expanded lore, and many of us have done it for years.

In my campaign they were the first beings created by the Gods. They have a place as the race most touched by the Divine.

All of them cast spells - and all of them get to apply metamagic to their spells. It is just part of their nature to use magics.

There are those amongst them that take on class levels as well, allowing them to become archmages, grand masters, high priests and archdruids. (In the past, all of my dragons were wizards, but as the editions changed I instead went with the various incarnations of innate spellcasters and had only a small number be classed).

They define kingdoms in much of my world, and are often major forces in politics. Many kingdoms have a border that is defined by the reach under the protection (or control) of a dragon. Many of my great cities (but certainly not all) are built on the lair of a dragon. The greatest 'Kingpin' in my setting is an Ancient Red. They are features of the political landscape.

They also have ties to the Elemental Plane (I have only one) and can link their lairs to them - which made lair abilities very convenient in my lore.

When new players first join my campaign world they often miss the subtle hints that dragons are a bit different - both in ability and in their place in the lore of the world) - but around 7th or 8th level they start to figure it out.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases