• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

"I Have Traveled To The Floor of The Pit of My Own Free Will"

the Jester

Legend
But the spiderman reboot was GOOD, though... :D

I keep hearing that. Meh, I'll wait until it's on Netflix or DVD; I have seen the origin story recently enough that I'm just not interested in seeing it again, regardless of the reviews.

Which is why they should've "James Bonded" the franchise- switch actors but just keep going with NEW stories.

IMHO; YMMV.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter

Sounds like a florid version of "I have well & truly damned myself" to me- today, you might hear someone say "Game over- I done f**ked up things REEL good this time!"

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games

WHO says that? I dont even understand what that means.

From just the quote alone, I at first thought it was a PC who accidentally fell down into a pit, got up, brushed themselves off, and basically more eloquently said "Meant to do that." :p

Works for me!

319342_4346070012686_491940654_n.jpg

ComradeGnull

First Post
Hire some decent action movie actors instead of a bunch of pretty boy Drama Club rejects, set the trailer to Slayers Raining Blood or Dropkick Murphies Sailing up to Boston instead of a discount Peter Jackson orchestral score. As climactic scenes of stuff exploding and fire flash on the screen, the words "Kill them all and take their stuff" flashes up one word at a time. Focus on the camaraderie among the core group rather than mythological gobblety gook. Anyone making a ponderous pronunciation about fate, destiny, or darkness gets hit in the nuts with the butt-end of a polearm. Smash cut to a black screen, followed by a slow pan down that reveals a white gazebo, accompanied by creepy ethereal music.

Tag line: "Fail your saving throw. Summer 2014"

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
...followed by a slow pan down that reveals a white gazebo, accompanied by creepy ethereal music.

White gazebos are the least dangerous of the gazebos. A RED is a far more devious and fearsome foe.

Sorrowdusk

First Post
Hire some decent action movie actors instead of a bunch of pretty boy Drama Club rejects, set the trailer to Slayers Raining Blood or Dropkick Murphies Sailing up to Boston instead of a discount Peter Jackson orchestral score. As climactic scenes of stuff exploding and fire flash on the screen, the words "Kill them all and take their stuff" flashes up one word at a time. Focus on the camaraderie among the core group rather than mythological gobblety gook. Anyone making a ponderous pronunciation about fate, destiny, or darkness gets hit in the nuts with the butt-end of a polearm. Smash cut to a black screen, followed by a slow pan down that reveals a white gazebo, accompanied by creepy ethereal music.

Tag line: "Fail your saving throw. Summer 2014"

Wont work.
http://i50.tinypic.com/21oy6ms.jpg

Stormonu

Legend
Who in their right mind (beside perhaps Uwe Bole) would purposely set out to make a bad movie that loses money and is unpopular? What's worse is the contest WotC ran in conjuction with this thing. If I were WotC, I'd be having my lawyers doing their best to find some loophole to yank the movie rights away - like they fought with Atari to get the computer rights freed up.

The sound bytes strike me as something some script writer who's read too much Shakespeare, Dante or Milton would have his characters say.

And I hate Shakespeare.

They need to do more videos like Scourge of Worlds, with better CGI and more story options, not this drek.

From just the quote alone, I at first thought it was a PC who accidentally fell down into a pit, got up, brushed themselves off, and basically more eloquently said "Meant to do that." :p

That is exactly what I thought it was, when I saw it as a meme and until I realized it came from the BoVD film.

Ugh.

Why do some studios (SyFy included but not limited to them) set out to make crappy films?

Remove ads