D&D 5E I hope the next CB update cleans up the Monk

No Name

First Post
Dancing Cobra needs some clarification, is it a weapon attack or a touch attack. The Monk Debut article, and the PHB3 show it as melee touch. The CB, the Compendium, and the glossy monk pre-gen for D&D Experience have it as melee weapon.

And the Fort defense increase for Centered Breath still doesn't scale in Paragon or Epic for CB generated characters.

mearlus

Explorer
Do they update bugs anymore or just the content? I've been watching the "known bugs" Know Issues List for Character Builder list for months now, waiting for the "User can not select the type of resistance granted by the armor of resistance." to be resolved. Doing so, I haven't noticed anything removed from the known issues list. That's anecdotal evidence at best but that's what I have noticed.

I have this suspicion that WoTC is just updating Content in the CB and not much of the actual functionality. Maybe that's because programmers are focused on a new mysterious project. I just know I'd really like to see some of the true software bugs fixed off of the known issues list.

Don't get me wrong, I love the CB. It's an invaluable tool. I just haven't seen other fixes/updates other than content and some UI changes.

Apologizes to the OP, I don't mean this to derail your question. It just sparked a response from me about the updates in general.

Mithreinmaethor

First Post
Have you updated your character builder recently?

For at least the last 2 months the updated monk preview has been in there. The Dancing Cobra at-will, just like all other monk attacks, is an implement attack.

Mr. Teapot

First Post
Have you updated your character builder recently?

For at least the last 2 months the updated monk preview has been in there. The Dancing Cobra at-will, just like all other monk attacks, is an implement attack.

It's an implement attack, but its range is "Melee weapon" (in CB and Compendium) or Melee touch (in the book).

DracoSuave

First Post
It's an implement attack, but its range is "Melee weapon" (in CB and Compendium) or Melee touch (in the book).

The reason why it is different is because the CB has the most recent printing of it: as the playtest article.

As PHB3 isn't supposed to be out yet, it's not exactly fair to expect CB to have stuff that the consumer doesn't actually have physical access to.

Give it time, it'll get updated when the PHB3 stuff is actually put into it.

Droogie128

First Post
The reason why it is different is because the CB has the most recent printing of it: as the playtest article.

As PHB3 isn't supposed to be out yet, it's not exactly fair to expect CB to have stuff that the consumer doesn't actually have physical access to.

Give it time, it'll get updated when the PHB3 stuff is actually put into it.

The CB monk is a preview article, not a playtest. It's supposed to be the finalized version. The preview replaced the playtest in January I think. So maybe the one in the phb3 was a last minute change.

Infiniti2000

First Post
The PHB3 is out, one day before you posted. The question we have, however, is whether what is printed in the PHB3 is the final version or is there expected to be a quick errata update to the PHB3 that is already in the CB.

Remove ads