D&D 5E I just watched Aladdin: Return of Jafar and I really want Al Qadim 5e

I really loved that serie, maybe it is my favorite Disney cartoon. I missed characters as Sadira the sand witch (really an anti-villain), or Monzerath the warlock. Mechanicles was ridiculous, but also fun.

I had forgotten to mention the videogames "Prince of Persian" as source of inspiration.

In al-Qadim some races could be "non-evil", or even living in cosmopolitan cities with other races, for example hobgoblins.

What about the races (asherati, bukha) and creatures from 3.5 sourcebook "Sandstorm"?

The wishes by genies had got some limits, for example you couldn't become king.

How would be a new al-Qadim videogame, the same classes?

gyor

Legend
I really loved that serie, maybe it is my favorite Disney cartoon. I missed characters as Sadira the sand witch (really an anti-villain), or Monzerath the warlock. Mechanicles was ridiculous, but also fun.

I had forgotten to mention the videogames "Prince of Persian" as source of inspiration.

In al-Qadim some races could be "non-evil", or even living in cosmopolitan cities with other races, for example hobgoblins.

What about the races (asherati, bukha) and creatures from 3.5 sourcebook "Sandstorm"?

The wishes by genies had got some limits, for example you couldn't become king.

How would be a new al-Qadim videogame, the same classes?

I loved the Prince of Persia movie.

NotAYakk

Legend
The wizard who does deals; imagine if there are types of djinn you can have favor with. Your max favor per type is limited by your level. Based on favor, you get continuous, short rest and daily benefits.

So a fire djinn at favor 5 could give you a 1/day fireball, a 1/short rest burning hands, and a firebolt at-will. A mephit might be a continuous familiar for you and cast shocking grasp 1/day.

You can also consume favors for boosts to those benefits. Regaining such favor might take gifts, downtime, leveling up or even time.

A similar chassy could work for shamans.

If the sha'ir could summon genies....shouldn't she use a game mechanic as vestiges pact magic? Or somebody would try to use the summoned genies as "pokemons".

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow

Gargoyles remains my favorite Disney cartoon but Alladin is a definite second, with so much fodder for use - urban and wilderness settings, crime-riddle streets to palace intrigue, daring swordplay, semi-phenomenal magical power, powerful creatures, talking animals and Mechanicles machines. Not sure if balancing team Alladin would be possible in DnD though:)

Prince of Persia also remains my favourite game series (way back from the Atari to the much improved Ubisoft reboot. The old Sinbad the Sailor movies and Pirates of Darkwater also provide good inspiration

If the sha'ir could summon genies....shouldn't she use a game mechanic as vestiges pact magic? Or somebody would try to use the summoned genies as "pokemons".

The Gen are more Elemental familiars than real Genies though, I’d consider Sha’ir more Warlock with Genie Patron than Wizard or pokemon summoner

gyor

Legend

It's not really the same thing. The Shi'ar had a Gens, a small minigenie familiar that fetched spells for them, basically the familiar WAS the Spellbook. I think the Shi'ar was the inspiration for the Witch class in Pathfinder btw.

gyor

Legend
I just watched the Aladdin Hecules Cross over episode Hecules in Arabia, and realized the weird truth of Agrabah is that it's religion must be Hellenistic because Jafar's soul goes to Hades, not to the Muslim Hell. This makes sense if you think of Agrabah as being a preIslamic Arabian city during a period of Hellenization. A lot of People don't realize how far the Ancient Greek religion had spread. There are Greek Temples as far as the Indian subcontinent, all the way to Spain, so a Hellenized Arabian city makes a strange kind of sense. It is also why you never see Mosques or Hijabs in Agrabah, they practice an Arabian style version of the Hellenism.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
For me the Arabian nights flavor is
1574879710698.png

Remove ads