• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I love D&D!

Since when did ENWorld become engulfed by the plane of negative energy? Lately I've been reading mostly bad news, Dave Arneson dying, the PDF debacle, people predicting the (more or less) imminent death of D&D (Ryan Dancey), lots of threads discussing stuff like "will WoW/the iPhone/Video games/Chuck Norris kill D&D?", increased hostility towards WoTC, constant speculation whether or not 4E is a commercial failure (always in that angle, never wondering if it is a success, also dwelling on the possibility of failure). Now, I'm not saying that many (if not all) of these issues are important and worth discussing, but there has been too much doom & gloom lately.

I've played 1st edition AD&D, 2E, 3E (which is the first edition I played), 4E, OD&D, Basic D&D - and I just want to say one thing: I Love D&D!

Who's with me?

Bigassgeek

First Post
I'll stand with you, oh Tutued Vicar! I love D&D! If my wife were more open minded and I weren't afraid of paper cuts, I'd go to bed with it, I love it so much!

There! I said it and I'm not ashamed!

I'll stand with you, oh Tutued Vicar! I love D&D! If my wife were more open minded and I weren't afraid of paper cuts, I'd go to bed with it, I love it so much!
"Dear Dungeons & Dragons, if you ever need self-validation, just meet me in the alley by the railway station."

Last edited:

MadLordOfMilk

First Post
D&D is awesome! Of course, if you want a rambled theorizing on why there's all the recent negativity...

Well, as you read negative things you tend to subconsciously feel worse about a particular topic, even if it's slowly. Your opinion just gets worse, even if you don't notice it. Negativity sort of fuels itself. Plus, when you're completely disappointed/jaded about a subject, and someone else seems to feel the same way, it's pretty natural to jump in and say "hey! I think this sucks too!". It's the same reason behind why people form mobs. It only gets worse if people take what they read as correct without analyzing it.

Lord Xtheth

First Post
I love D&D, in all its incarnations it has been the best RPG I've ever played. There has always been side games from other companies, but I always come crawling back to D&D.

alleynbard

First Post
I love D&D. My friends love D&D. My partner loves D&D. And our bi-weekly group is going "smashingly". So long as those things hold true, my life is good and not much can get me down.

Last edited:

Keefe the Thief

Adventurer
D&D, the OP, and of course the almighty Piratecat, are awesome. I admit that this troubled times have given me deep paranoia that soon someone will come to this thread and say "yes, but...", but until then i will bask in the warm glow of shared happy-ness while klicking through my current campaing files.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads