• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I miss Melkor (3rd Gnome IR) :)

Festy_Dog

First Post
Ah, nostalgia.

I remember the 3rd IR was the reason I started using the EN World boards. One day at high school Kal described this interesting concept for a game and said it was happening online. I said, 'How do I get in on this?' and he steered me to Enworld. Thus I was involved in the 3rd IR.

Good to see you Melkor. Law, eh? Have fun with that, one of those very prestigious degrees. :D (I'm currently doing Psych)

Aside from all that though, I think this is my first post outside of the gaming section of the forums! Shock and horror! :eek:

Serpenteye

First Post
Melkor said:
Oh, yes, The Dark Lord of The Void still watches! How very nice that people are still remembering! I have been busy, I am studying law, those are the hardest studies in Poland alongside medicine, but I have just finished my first year, with quite good results, so I have more free time now! I have been playing at RPG wotmania board recently.

Hi Melkor, and all my other IR-ites, nice to see you again my old friend. It's an interesting coincidence that you are also a law-student, like myself. Maybe people in our line of work are more in touch with our dark sides than the average person. :] (or not)

Melkor said:
Oh, and I have a girlfriend, and she isn`t very keen on world domination!

They never are... ;)

Knight Otu said:
Oh, and anyone here who'd like another IR?
biggrin_2.gif
(No, I'm not starting it...)

I would, but I don't have the time and I don't know any setting we haven't already done. Except perhaps WoT (and yes Zelda I agree that he should kill a few of the main characters off, starting with Perrin, Faile and Cadsuane), but the setting is hardly balanced.

Serpenteye

First Post
Knight Otu said:
It wouldn't have to be linked to the previous ones... ok, ok, I'm silent already.:lol:

It could be fun if we redid the 3rd IR, with some modifications to the rules, but with a role reversal of the players. Melkor could play Hazen, the Forsaken One could play the northern barbarians, Creamsteak could be Vecna and I... could play The United Commonwealth of Toril. :rolleyes:
It would be an interesting excerzise in empathy, tolerance and eh, pointlesness. ;)

Next IR?

We could do something like this again, what about Magical Revolution on Earth, or Eberron IR? We could have more than 1 Dm`s, I could be one but someone would have to do the math.

Kalanyr

Explorer
Guess that leaves me with the Orcs of the Pomarj for the reversal or maybe the League of Warlords or Janos come to think of it we had a lot of turncoats from both sides. Though I think I was the only one that switched and intended to stay that way. @_@.

Oh and William sorry for not getting back to you in the email you sent me weeks ago, I've been doing lots of assignments and exam revision I'll get back to you as soon as exams are over.

Anabstercorian

First Post
An Eberron IR would be interesting, but Eberron has largely already achieved something close to an industrial revolution.

We'd really have to find some way to lower the book-keeping... Maybe we could steal the rules from some other game and use them as a base line.

And I suppose if we switched roles, I'd have to be...

Hmm.

I don't know, some sort of Githyanki?

Gurdjieff

First Post
Serpenteye said:
Hi Melkor, and all my other IR-ites, nice to see you again my old friend. It's an interesting coincidence that you are also a law-student, like myself. Maybe people in our line of work are more in touch with our dark sides than the average person. :] (or not)

It might not surprise you then that The Forsaken One is also a law-student? =p

I would, but I don't have the time and I don't know any setting we haven't already done. Except perhaps WoT (and yes Zelda I agree that he should kill a few of the main characters off, starting with Perrin, Faile and Cadsuane), but the setting is hardly balanced.

Hmm, new IR, sounds good, very good. I believe Edena once pointed out (in one of the last 3rd IR threads) that the portal to other dimensions on Island of the Phoenix (iirc) still existed. Just a thought ;]
And of course it wouldn't have to be a 4th IR, it could be anything (like the Rokugan IR, a total different setting).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads