I need a potion name

Kaodi

Hero
Potion Ideas

A) A tray of ice cubes in the freezer with only a couple of cubes left, perhaps with an almost imperceivable tint of either pink or blue, labelled, " breath of Loki ".

B) One of those funky bear shaped honey containers filled with a transparent red goo, labelled with a piece of masking tape reading, " syrup of Surtur ".

Goobermunch

Explorer
Inside a freezer somewhere in the world is a silver martini shaker. The shaker has a small piece of masking tape on it, upon which is written, in pencil, the words: Cthugha's* camphoraceous constitutional. The liquid inside is red, clear, syrupy, and smells slightly of cinnamon. Small clear crystals are growing inside the shaker.

--G

*Cthugha is a Lovecraftian fire entity.

Sialia

First Post
Kaodi said:
A) A tray of ice cubes in the freezer with only a couple of cubes left, perhaps with an almost imperceivable tint of either pink or blue, labelled, " breath of Loki ".

B) One of those funky bear shaped honey containers filled with a transparent red goo, labelled with a piece of masking tape reading, " syrup of Surtur ".

OooooOOOOoooooohh . . . . now those ARE good ideas.

Sialia

First Post
Goobermunch said:
Inside a freezer somewhere in the world is a silver martini shaker. The shaker has a small piece of masking tape on it, upon which is written, in pencil, the words: Cthugha's* camphoraceous constitutional. The liquid inside is red, clear, syrupy, and smells slightly of cinnamon. Small clear crystals are growing inside the shaker.

--G

*Cthugha is a Lovecraftian fire entity.
Aahhhhhhh . . . . now I'm starting to get all quivery and excited. We're definitely on to something here.

You guys are definitely starting to get the idea.

And I'm getting LOTS of ideas. LOTS of them.

Steverooo

First Post
Sialia said:
ok--that brings up an interesting point: presentation.

Presentation is half the scene.

What else can you put a potion in besides a little medicine bottle? What would be an intriguing and compelling container--try to be really unusual and creative, but limit yourself to things you might find in any typical modern office or house. So "old mayonnaise jar" is acceptable, but dull, and "skull of an orc" is right out. "Mexican Hat shaped chip-and-dip server" is not beyond the realm of possibility, but perhaps not evocative of the mood I am looking for.

An Asthma Inhaler.

Kaodi

Hero
Another Idea

C) A small plastic bag filled with powder and crystals of a light yellow colour. On the front, a symbol is stamped in red ink, a serpentine creature twisting around letters spelling, " Apep " . Can be prepared in any number of perfectly innocent ways...

Remove ads