I NEED continual flame, help!

Benben

First Post
Ancalagon said:
Scrolls only.

To give more details, my PC has (as "magical feats" go) scribe scrolls and extend spells. He has access to the domain of protection and destruction (not much help there).

Ancalagon

So you're around 6th level, right?

Why not whip out some triple extended scrolls of light?

Fade

First Post
Summon a small Mineral Elemental, chip off a ruby, and use it to cast the spell immediately, before it disappears.

Bronn Spellforger

First Post
Fade said:
Summon a small Mineral Elemental, chip off a ruby, and use it to cast the spell immediately, before it disappears.

This is a DAMN good suggestion right here. I'm going to use this in my campaign! Thanks!

Oh, and just an FYI: minor creation spells can't be used to create spell components.

Laslo Tremaine

Explorer
From the SRD...
Light Generation
Fully 30% of magic weapons shed light equivalent to a torch (20-foot radius). These glowing weapons are quite obviously magical. Such a weapon can’t be concealed when drawn, nor can its light be shut off. Some of the specific weapons detailed below always or never glow, as defined in their descriptions.
That is a 30% chance for ANY magic weapon to shed light. We use this rule and roughly 1/3 of our magic weapons glow. It is both a help and a hinderance (like when you want to sneak through the night with your weapon drawn...).

Gizzard

First Post
A torch last an hour, but each pint of oil lasts six... can any spell sumon oil?

Summon Monster (Whale)? Of course, there might be alignment ramifications for summoning potential sentients to be used in a lamp. :)

I can never find the rules when I need to...

So, you'll maybe get a couple new spells when you roll over into 7th level, right? Isn't it true that you can choose any two spells that you'd like, including a 1st or 0-level spell: Slow Burning, a spell you've just created that, when cast on a light-source with limited life, will extend the life of said device by 2 or 3 times? Perhaps more?

Perhaps a 'waste' of a spell, then agian you do sorta sound desperate for a new light-source. :D

Hatchling Dragon

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
My PC is a cleric, not a wizard... he won't "gain 2 new spells". Although perhaps one of the mages could be convinced, I will think of it.

As for sumoning a monster and taking material (wether it be rubies or whale fat), I think that it would disapear at the end of the spell :(

Summoning a whale would take one whale of a powerfull spell! :D

Ancalagon

Fade

First Post
The ruby would indeed disappear. Or at least it would, if it hadn't already dissapeared when you used it to cast the spell.

Remove ads