• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I Need Girl Dice

WayneLigon

Adventurer
One of our players has gone off to college, though she still plays with us when she can. I want to get her a little graduation present. She wants a set of her own dice, though. (She very quickly picked up the 'don't touch other people's dice; she won't even let her boyfriend touch them). But... she wants really, really girlie dice. She has specifically requested this (also assuming this will mean none of the boys she'll play with will want to steal her dice): they must be pink. Bubblegum, Barbie pink. Preferably pink with white numbers. Normal opaque dice; no swirled colors, speckled, marbled, etc.

I've checked Chessex and Advancing Hoardes. Chessex dice are not pink enough. Advancing Hoardes has perfect dice, but they want more than the order costs to ship it from Canada. So, can anyone help me out?

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
Teflon Billy sent my eldest daughter a set of pink/pink speckled dice with blue inking (Cotton Candy Dice).

No idea where to get them, but they are painfully girly.

Snapdragyn

Explorer
None of the Chessex dice? There are some quite pink sets under the 'Easter' & 'Frosted' lines in the 'Signature' series. A player in 1 of my groups has the pink frosted dice; they're very nice (look like beach glass).

Dragonhelm

Knight of Solamnia
WayneLigon said:
she won't even let her boyfriend touch them

*snickers*

Okay, sorry, couldn't resist. :D

Seriously, though, my wife has a set of dice that looks kind of like the ones on this e-bay auction. Sort of a nice pink swirl. I apologize, but I don't know who makes the ones I'm thinking of.

You could also get her this nifty choker necklace. I think they're a nifty way of getting more female gamers into the hobby.

Best of luck!

DrunkonDuty

he/him
Speaking as an old and rather grognard-y gamer: I'll use anyone's dice. All our (my 20 year on-again- off again gaming group) dice went into one communal dice bag years ago. Somewhere near the bottom are my original (1983) basic set dice, the ones that haven't completely disintergrated that is.

Sorry about the threadjack.

Check out the 'glow in the dark dice" from Chessex. They are definitely pink and have white numbers, unfortunately the GintD aspect does make them somewhat desirable...my wife has a set for the same reason.

Teflon Billy

Explorer
HellHound said:
Teflon Billy sent my eldest daughter a set of pink/pink speckled dice with blue inking (Cotton Candy Dice).

No idea where to get them, but they are painfully girly.

Does she still have those? :D

At Gen Con this year, they were handing out really girly bright pink shiny dice at the Wizards booth in conjunction with the release of Confessions of a Part-time Sorceress. They were in cute little velvet bags. I wonder if you could get a whole set.

Remove ads