• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I Need Girl Dice

wedgeski

Adventurer
My wife prefers really dour, gravel-coloured dice above all else. But she does have metal d6 dangly earings which she wears to every session. :)

Stormborn

Explorer
Wayne,

I seem to recall seeing some dice like that here in Birmingham, probablly at Legion. I would be willing to look Friday when I go and, if there are some there as you describe (and my wife can be the best judge of that), I can buy them and mail them to you and you can pay me back via PayPal. Of course given that Birmingham isn't that far you might want to drive up here yourself, and if so I can give you directions to the various places that might have them. Send me an e-mail if you like or reply here.

Twowolves

Explorer
Stormborn said:
Wayne,

I seem to recall seeing some dice like that here in Birmingham, probablly at Legion. I would be willing to look Friday when I go and, if there are some there as you describe (and my wife can be the best judge of that), I can buy them and mail them to you and you can pay me back via PayPal. Of course given that Birmingham isn't that far you might want to drive up here yourself, and if so I can give you directions to the various places that might have them. Send me an e-mail if you like or reply here.

Is Legion a good store? Where is it? I might have to swing by next time I'm in town for some Dreamland ribs!

WayneLigon

Adventurer
Stormborn said:
I seem to recall seeing some dice like that here in Birmingham, probablly at Legion.

I'm not aware of that store; the only gaming store I know of in the area is the one in the Galleria. Thank you for the offer; we might just drive up there and survey some of the stores. I'd like directions to the various stores, if you wouldn't mind; you could just drop in a Google Maps link for each.

I got my wife the "ice cream" dice from Chessex; black lettering, and bubble-gum pink and white swirled together.

So I guess you ruled those out. Oh, well. They're pretty girly, though.

Stormborn

Explorer
WayneLigon said:
I'm not aware of that store; the only gaming store I know of in the area is the one in the Galleria. Thank you for the offer; we might just drive up there and survey some of the stores. I'd like directions to the various stores, if you wouldn't mind; you could just drop in a Google Maps link for each.

Google Maps never likes me.

Legion has two stores (3 actually, but 2 are in the same location just seperated by a few other store fronts). We tend to go to the one in Cahaba Heights, the comics shop is the one with the big sign while the game store is down on the far left.

Legion
3248 Cahaba Heights Rd, Birmingham, AL
(205) 970-0999

Directions from I-65:

Take 459 North to Exit 19 (US 280/Summit/Mountain Brook)
Turn Left, taking 280 towards Mountain Brook until you come to the entrance to the Summit
Turn Right onto Summit Blvd.
Once you pass the Summit shopping area (about 3/4 of a mile) you will go down the hill a little bit to a red light (across the street on the Right is a CVS and the left is a vet) Turn Right
This is Cahaba Heights Rd.
Legion will be in a little strip on your Left (about .2 miles), down the hill, across from the Firestation behind the Olive Branch resturaunt.

Admitedly the place is a bit of a pit. But they have a good selection (far more than Nords) and friendly and helpful staff. If you go into the comics shop you can tell them that Scott and Janica sent you.

The other Legion location is
1564 Montgomery Hwy, Birmingham, AL
(205) 979-0299

Take the Hoover exit on I 65 (the one after the 459 interchange when heading North)
Turn left (or right if coming from I-65 south) onto Montgomery Hwy/US 31. Legion is on the right in a building housing Love Stuff, next to Compass Bank.

Leaving from the Galleria just go to the front (the Wynfry side) turn Left and go about 2 miles and look for the Compass Bank/Love Stuff on your Left.

That and Nords, which is at the Galleria, are the main game stores now in the area, as a couple closed a few years ago. If you get over to Tuscaloosa you could try Crimson Castle which I have been to only once. Its a smaller store but if someone was out that way anyway it would be worth checking out.

Last edited:

Just about all of my wife's dice are purple, pink or forest green. They are all from the various Chessex lines with varying amounts of sparkle or opacity. I'm surprised you can't find Chessex dice that are girly enough. Problem is some of the best looking dice are too transparent to photograph well so you can't really order them on the web. You need to see them in person.

Remove ads