• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I need some Halfling help.

annifynn

First Post
I am a new GM and have gotten my players to 4th level. Unfortunatly due to lack of familarity and time I am not able to develop my own modules. To continue on some of my plot development I would like to find a resource for a halfling caravan and a good sized halfling settlement with a town at a ford and a few thorps. Unfortunatly I haven't yet found what I want. Can any one point me in the right direction.

Annifynn

Cyclops

First Post
Dragon 285, July 2001. all about halflings.

Here is my own work:

HALFLING ELITE SLINGERS. (twenty of the little guys)
Slingers small halfling lightfoot
Fighter 4,Rogue 1 AL: NG
S14, D18, C14, I12, W10, Ch12
Fort: 7, Ref: 8, Will: 2
Atk: 6 melee, 8 ranged (see weapons below)
AC16/12 (leather, Dex) Init +4, Spd: 30, Hit Points: 36

Skills and Feats: Weapon Focus: Sling, Weapon Specialization: Sling, Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot,
Rapid Shot (Back Stab +1D6)
Hide +5 (+13), Move Silently +5 (+11), Ride 7 (11), Climb 5 (9), Handle Animal (war pony) 2 (3).
Listen +3 (5), Jump +4 (+8)………..(All bonuses figured in)

Languages Halfling, Common, and one more (varies the unit tries to get as many as they can, mostly goblinoid/enemy tongues)

Equipment:
Slings of Flaming +1 Atk +10, Damage 1D4 +3 +1D6 (+ another 1D6 for sneak attack)
Short sword masterwork, Atk +7 Damage 1D6 +2
Leather armor, belt pouch with 20 bullets, belt pouch with caltrops, waterskin, 1 days rations in belt pouch

War pony, all tack, saddle, and saddlebags. 3 days rations in bags, more bullets: 40, one extra sack of caltrops,
Wineskin, waterskin, bedroll, small tent, 50’ rope, dagger, shortspear, flint and steel

CAPTAIN HULLYBROOK……………AL:NG
Small male halfling Fighter5, Rogue 2, Hit points 53
S14, D20, C16, I14, W12, Ch14
Fort: 8, Ref: 10, Will: 3
AC19/14 (Leather +2, Dex) Init +9, Speed 30.
Atk +8 melee, +11 ranged (see weapons below)
Skills and Feats: Weapon Focus: Sling, Weapon Specialize: Sling, Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot,
Rapid Shot, Improved Initiative
Hide +5 (+13), Move Silent +5 (+11), Ride 7 (12), Climb 5 (9), Handle Animal 5 (7),
Listen 6 (8), Jump 5 (10), Wilderness Lore 5 (6)

Languages: Halfling, common, Dwarvish, Goblin

Equipment
Sling Flaming +1, Atk +13, Damage 1D4 + 3 + 1D6 (+ another 1D6 for Sneak attack)
Masterwork short sword, Atk +10, Damage 1D6 +2
Leather Armor +2
3 potions of Cure Serious Wounds
Otherwise, he has the same equipment as his men

FRIAR LELAN FAIRWEATHER……………………AL: NG
Small halfling female cleric of Yondalla 5th level, Hit points: 46
S11, D16, C14, I14, W16, Ch16
Fort 7, Ref 5, Will 8
AC: 18/15 (studded leather, small shield, dex) Init +3, Speed 30
Att +3, Ranged +6 (see weapons below)
Skills and Feats: Combat Casting, Scribe Scroll
Concentration 8(10), Knowledge Religion 8(10), Heal 8 (11), Ride 4 (7), Hide 1 (6), Move Silent 1 (6)
Languages: Halfling, Common, Gnomish, Elven

Spells 5, 5,4,3 save DC is 13 + spell level DOMAINS: Halfling, Family
0/Detect Magic, 0/Read Magic, 0/Light, 0/Resistance, 0/Guidance
1/#Bless, 1/Divine Favor, 1/ Shield of Faith, 1/Magic Weapon, 1/Sanctuary
2/#Cats Grace, Cats Grace, Hold Person, Spiritual Weapon
3/#Helping Hand, Prayer, Searing Light
# is domain spell

Granted Abilities:
1) The Friar can add her Charisma Modifier (3) to Climb, Jump, Hide, and Move Silently checks. She can use this for 10 minutes a day.
2) She can protect 3 creatures (including herself) with a +4 dodge bonus to AC. This lasts for 5 minutes, usable once a day.

Equipment:
Light Mace +1, Atk +4, Damage 1D6+1
Sling Flaming +1, Atk +7, Damage 1D4+1+1D6
Studded Leather Armor
Potions: Holy Water, Cure Moderate x3
Scrolls: (at 5th level) Lesser Restoration x2, Cure Mod x2, Cure Disease, Find Traps,
Otherwise equip the same as the elite slinger

Last edited:

Cyclops

First Post
My character from another campaign:

Vos Siverwood, strongheart halfling male Sorcerer 9 (Mystra)
S10, D16, C16, I14, W10, Ch20 (22)
Fort +6(8), Ref +6(8), Will +6(8)
Att +4 melee (+5 sickle 1D6+1D6), +7 ranged (1D4 sling)
AC: 17 (bracers of armor +4, dex) Hit points: 52
Home region: Cormyr
Skills and Feats: Spell Focus Evocation, Greater Spell Focus Evocation, Extend Spell, Craft Wondrous Item, Improved Familiar
Concentration +12, Craft (Sculpture) +10, Knowledge Arcana +7, Spellcraft +7,
Languages Draconian (+2), Search +5, Spot +5
Languages known: Halfling, Common, Elven, Gnomish, Draconian
Spells: DC16 +spell level, Evocation Spells DC 20 +spell level
Spells (6/7/7/7/5) 0/Detect Magic, 0/Read Magic, 0/Prestidigitaion, 0/Light, 0/Mage Hand, 0/Detect Poison, 0/Resistance,
1/Shield, 1/Magic Missile, 1/*Repair Light Damage, 1/Reduce, 1/Ex Retreat,
2/Invisibility, 2/**Snilocks Snowball Swarm, 2/**Life Bolt, 2/Mirror Image ,
3/Fireball, 3/Fly, 3/Protection From Elements,
4/Polymorph Other, 4/Stoneskin

Equipment: Bracers of Armor +4, Cloak of Charisma +2, +1 Flaming Sickle, Vest of Resistance +2,
Boots of Levitation, Ring of Warmth, *Belt of Many Pockets
Scrolls (at 6th level) Mount, Melf’s Acid Arrow, and Dispel Magic. Scroll at 1st level: Identify X3. .
Sling, 10 bullets, bedroll, small tent, 7 days rations, waterskin, wineskin, 1 bag caltrops, flint and steel,
Traveler’s outfit, components, Personal journal, ink, quill. Bone scroll tube. 4,750 gold pieces worth of gems, 175 gold, 35 silver, 20 copper. Head of an Iron Cobra (trophy), holy symbol of Mystra.
And one bottle of “Old Tom Nobbins” fine wine w/80 gold.
 *Tome and Blood, ** Magic of Faerun

Circe, Homunculus FAMILIAR tiny construct HD:9 Hits: 26
Init +2, Spd 20 ft, Fly 50 (good),
AC 20* (touch 16, Flat-footed 18)
Atk +4 (1D4-1 plus Poison), SA poison
S8, D15, C-, I10, W12, Ch18*
Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +6
Granted Abilities: Range 1 mile, Creator can see and hear through the homunculus,
Alertness, Improved Evasion, Share Spells, Empathic Link, Touch, Speak with Master
Skills: as Master’s, plus Dancing +5 **
POISON (EX); Bite vs Fort save (DC11), Initial damage: Sleep for one minute,
Secondary damage: sleep for another 5D6 minutes
CONSTRUCT: Immune to mind influencing effects; poisons, disease, and similar effects.
Not subject to critical hits, subdual damage, ability damage, energy drain, or death from massive damage.

*Circe’ has a +2 Ring of Protection for a heart. See her special construction below.
** see her construction, below.
##################################
The Creation of Circe’
My ultimate vision for Vos, is an eccentric golem master maker. His golems are to be works of art.
Circe’ is the work of a driven artist. The Monster Manual shows Homunculi to be ugly warty things. Not so with Circe’…She is to be a beautiful half elven peasant girl of about 20 winters; 18 inches tall, with bat wings. I discussed the idea with my DM. I wanted to build her as a sorcerer and artist would-not as a logical, methodical Wizard. I wanted a Charisma of 18 instead of the original 7. So I was allowed to go about the creation in this way.

First, I made a “Sculptor’s knife. It’s identical to the Knife of the Boyer page 162 in the Magic of Faerun book. The sculptor’s knife adds +10 to the Craft sculpture skill. Since I had a skill of 10 already, I was allowed to make it. The goal was a master craft sculpture, skill roll of 30.
Secondly, I bought an auxiliary membership in the Waterdeep Mage’s Guild. For the price of 510 gold, I set up a lab on guild property. (The guild was amused at the creative antics of the diminutive sorcerer.) The membership allowed me to buy the scrolls necessary to make the homunculus. I also bought several potions to add to the mix.

Thirdly, I went about acquiring the unusual materials. Waterdeep is an excellent city for oddball components. Based on a picture in Volo’s guide to Waterdeep, I purchased a stuffed pixie. It was the skin I wanted. The hardest part was getting the hair of an elf. But at a wigmakers shop, I saw a sun elf sell her long golden hair. 100 gold brought all that I needed.

Next came the alchemy. An apprentice with 10 points in the alchemy skill at the guild was eager to help me. She had aided the creation of homunculi before, but never like this. The normal ingredients went into a black kettle. Additionally, in went the pixie skin, the elf hair, a ring of +2 protection (set where the heart would be), a potion of Eagle’s Splendor, and a potion of Love (both to bring the charisma to 18), and of course, the donated blood of my sorcerer. The concoction was boiled down to a clay-like consistency.
Next came the sculpture. My first roll was a 28, just short of the goal. But no spells had been cast, so a day later, I tried again. I rolled a natural 20! How sweet that roll was: for a mastercraft work skill of 40!
Then the spells were cast from scrolls, and the Homunculus came to life! A beautiful thing, the guild marveled at her creation-Vos had won the respect of a skeptical assembly. The guild asked for, and got the Sculptor’s Knife. And a new fad with creative and artistic Homunculi is now sweeping Waterdeep.
Resting for a week, Vos spent another 100 gold at a doll maker’s shop, for mastercraft clothes for little Circe’. DM also extracted 50 Experience points per Charisma point above 7, so I spent an extra 550 EXPs on the construction.

Then came the final step. Secluding himself in the lab, Vos meditated. He is not able to put into words, just what he did. But Circe’ became a familiar that day. Her range increased to a mile, her life became even more tied to his. Vos says she became “alive” that day. And indeed, she seems to be more than just a construct. She now possesses personality quirks, and an independent spirit. (The manual says a familiar becomes a “Magical Beast” after accepting its new status, so Circe’ became more than just a construct). She smiles, she seems to love music, and will dance to the delight of bards everywhere. Vos has no such skill. And this worries him. He wonders if some part of the pixie is still there. He has cast Detect Magic on her, but he sees no necromantic aura. He even bought a scroll of Detect Undead, and saw nothing. But he has come to accept her quirks, and the two are very close-just as master and familiar should be.

Vos is quite protective of his little charge. And he will not take her into a fight. She will either stay in the “Familiar Pocket” in his belt, or she will stay outside any dungeons he enters. As a consequence, Vos rarely enjoys the Alertness feat benefit except when he is camping or in town. When she spies for him, he casts Invisibility and Stoneskin on her.

Last edited:

Cyclops

First Post
Silverthorne, Small town 2000 population.
Gold piece limit: 800
Leadership: Town Mayor and Council of Elders
Alignment Neutral Good
Population: 85% Halfling, 10% Gnome, 5% other

One 3rd level Aristocrat (mayor)
Six 1st level Aristocrats (council)
One 3rd level Warrior (constable)
Ten 1st level warriors (sherrifs)
One hundred 1st level warriors (militia)
Ten fighters 1st thru 5th levels (militia and guards)
Fifty 2nd level rogues (scouts, with militia)
Twenty experts of various levels
Ten Gnomish wizards (various levels and specializations: First thru sixth)
One 4th level Halfling wizard
Two halfling sorcerers (3rd and 1st levels)
Six halfling clerics (1st thru 6th)
One gnomish 4th level cleric
Four bards 1st thru 3rd levels

The rest are commoners at 1st and 2nd levels: all commoners are trained in slings although some choose half spears. Even the adult women folk can at least use a sling. Most have a suit of leather armor.

The warriors have studded leather, shields, short bows, and short swords. This town is a bit isolated, and must fend for itself frequently.

Fighters have chain mail, shields, half spears and short swords.
Clerics have chain mail, shields, and light maces

Silverthorne is surrounded by a thick hedge of thorns 12 feet high. Four gates pierce the hedge wall. The hedge is thick enough where it can’t be seen through. The town boasts a market place, 2 inns, a village green, 6 taverns, a brewery, two temples (halfling and gnomish), and a number of fine craftsmen. Interestingly, a town law dictates that all judges in any dispute must be a gnome. Every other week (during summer and fall), humans from a nearby city will stop by to trade on market day. Several warehouses attest to the towns affluence.

A number of smaller thorpes of 50-80 halflings or gnomes lies within a days march of Silverthorne. Most are farming villages protected with hedges or wooden walls. Two are gnomish communities formed around small mines (one silver, and one iron). The entire community is more martial than is usual for halflings as the region is also home to several tribes of kobolds and one goblin tribe. Because of this, there are NO isolated homesteads, all homes lie within a protected thorpe or town. Livestock too, is driven within protected walls at night. The halflings depend more on riding dogs that ponies. The dogs double as excellent guards and many boast leather barding. Ponies are a more common sight in Silverthorne.

The town always makes adventures welcome (so far from help, they know a good thing when they see it). Guides often will volunteer their services if the PCs will act against the goblins or kobolds. Free drinks always go to bards, and sometimes to PCs who weave tales of adventure. Arcane types will be pestered by local apprentices looking to talk shop, or finagle a free spell from a PC. The town is also known for its festivals, and one may be underway when the PC’s arrive.

Cyclops

First Post
Caravan

Guards (15)
male halfling War2: CR 1; Size S (2 ft., 11 in. tall); HD 2d8+2; hp 18; Init -1 (-1 Dex); Spd 20 ft.; AC 10 (-1 Dex, +1 Size); Attack +4 melee, or +2 ranged; SV Fort +5, Ref +0, Will -1; AL NG; Str 12, Dex 9, Con 12, Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 12.

Languages Spoken: Common, Elven, Gnome, Goblin, Halfling.

Skill points: War 25
Skills and feats: Climb +5, Escape artist +1, Handle animal +2, Heal 1, Hide +3, , Jump +3, Knowledge (region) +5, Listen +2, Move silently +1, Ride +4, Search +3.5, Spot 2; Mounted Combat
Possessions: Light crossbow, short sword, studded leather, war pony, saddlebags with a weeks rations, a small tent, sleeping blankets, a wine skin, a water skin and flint and steel.

Lyle, male halfling (lightfoot) Sor4: CR 4; Size S (3 ft., 3 in. tall); HD 4d4+8; hp 20; Init +6 (+2 Dex, +4 Feat); Spd 20 ft.; AC 13 (+2 Dex, +1 Size); Attack +2 melee, or +5 ranged; SV Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +3; AL NG; Str 8, Dex 14, Con 15, Int 10, Wis 7, Cha 16.

Languages Spoken: Common, Halfling.

Skills and feats: Climb +1, Hide +6, Jump +1, Knowledge (arcana) +4, Listen +0, Move silently +4, Spot 2; Dodge, Improved initiative.

Possessions: Ring of protection +1, 2 potions of cure moderate wounds, Wand of Aganazar’s Scorcher (5D8, 20 charges), Sling, 20 bullets, light mace, war pony, with basic equipment per warriors above.

Sorcerer Spells Known (6/7/3): 0th -- Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Light, Mage Hand, Read Magic. 1st -- Armor, Magic Missile, Shield. 2nd – Mirror image.

Caravan master
Roscoe, male halfling (lightfoot) Ftr4/Exp1: CR 4; Size S (3 ft., 0 in. tall); HD 4d10+4 + 1d6+1; hp 41; Init +3 (+3 Dex); Spd 20 ft.; AC 14 (+3 Dex, +1 Size); Attack +6 melee, or +8 ranged; SV Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +3; AL NG; Str 13, Dex 17, Con 13, Int 11, Wis 10, Cha 14.

Languages Spoken: Common, Halfling.

Skill points: Ftr 14, Exp 6
Skills and feats: Balance +4, Climb +8, Gather information +2, Handle animal +5, Hide +7, Jump +3, Listen +1, Move silently +5, Diplomacy +4, Spot +1, Inuendo +4; Dodge, Weapon Focus Shortsword, Mobility, Power attack, weapon Specialization Shortsword.

Possessions: Chain mail, shield, short sword (shock) +1, light crossbow, war pony, saddlebags with a weeks rations, a small tent, sleeping blankets, a wine skin, a water skin and flint and steel.
He also knows where the pay chest is hidden (DM should determine how much he pays his men).
The goods: 10 wagons from Silverthorne. 4 wagons of preserved food stuffs; 2 wagons of cured hides, sheepskins, and animal pelts; 2 wagons of artisan wares; and two wagons of fine wines and ales from the brewery. All wagons have 2 commoner drovers (light crossbows), and are pulled by a team of oxen.

One chow wagon with Cookie and Knot, the gnomish cooks (commoners, with clubs).

16 pack mules loaded with even more goods, like arrows and bolts, cloth, small metal fixtures, and home-made goods. 2 commoner drovers (half spears) on war ponies lead the mules (tied together).

annifynn

First Post
WOW!

Well knock me down with a pea shooter.

I have never been on a forum that was so helpful! This is all great material.

It will be a while before the party gets to the halfling part of the adventure but when they do I will let you know how it goes.

Thanks so much. Lake

Cyclops

First Post
Ok, thanx for the thumbs up.
Here is more shameless self promotion: This is my entry on the Goblin-a-day thread: a great thread!

Rat Master Verot
Fighter 3, Small Goblin, AL NE
HD: 3D10………………Hit Points 22
Init +4, Speed 30, AC: 15 (chain shirt, small shield)
Atk: +4 Melee, +4 Ranged
SQ Darkvision 60 feet
SAVES: Fort:+4, Ref +1, Will +0 (-1 for 8 Wisdom)
S12, D10, C10, I14, W8, Ch14

SKILLS: Handle Animal +8, Bluff +8, Spot +2, Craft Leather +8
FEATS: Blind Fight, Weapon Focus: Whip, Exotic Weapon: Whip
CR: 3

Languages Goblin, Common, Orc

Armor: Chain shirt, small shield

Weapons:
Whip: +5, Damage 1D2 subdual only, +2 to disarm, range 15 feet
Club +4, Damage 1D6

EQUIPMENT: Peasants outfit, Backpack, Sleeping blankets, Large sack, Waterskin,
1 days rations (dried meat-you don’t wanna know of what), belt pouch, with whistle and dried bits
Of meat. 15 silver, 6 copper

Background. Verot trained as a fighter, but his first love has always been his rats-giant rats! He raises rats to fight for him, to hunt for him, to do anything for him. He always carries a whistle to command them, and has lovingly crafted leather armor to protect his fighting rats. His rats regard him as pack leader, and will give their lives for him. He raises his own rats, and trains them to kill with live captives.

Tactics: Verot prefers to let his rats fight for him. His tactics are simple, send rats ahead into the fray to soften up the opposition, followed by goblins. Verot will stay behind issuing commands with his whistle.
He will always have at least three rats with him as guards. If the attacks turn against him, he will retreat, abandoning his goblin allies.

Dire Rats (12 in attack party)
Small Animals HD 1D8 +1………………..Hit Points: 5 each
Init +3, Speed 40, Climb 20, AC: 17 (leather barding )
Atk: Bite +4, Damage 1D4 SA Disease, SQ Scent
SAVES: Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +3
S10, D17, C12, Int 1, W12, Ch4
Skills Climb +11, Hide +11, Feats: Weapon Finesse Bite
CR: 1/3
Equipment: Leather Barding

Cyclops

First Post
Halfling thief 1st level Milo Greenbottle

STR 14
DEX 18
CON: 14
INT 14
WIS 8
CHA 8

Region: Halfling (wandered the North, lived in Waterdeep mostly)
AC: 16 (dex, Leather), AL: N (with good/greedy tendencies), Hit Points 8
Feats: Strong Soul +1 to Fort and Will Saves, +1 to death and energy drains.
Lightfoot halfling, +1 to all saves
Saves:
Fort: 4, Ref 7, Will 1
Skills: 40 (bonuses included) Appraise 6, climb8, Tumble 8, open lock 8, Disable device 6,
Move silent 10, hide 12, listen 5, Search 6, Use Magic Device 4
Equipment:
Bonus: Masterwork short bow (2 lbs)
Leather armor (7.5 lbs), Short sword (3 lbs), 20 arrows (3lbs): 21 gold
Travelers outfit, belt pouch, backpack bedroll, (5 lbs) ……………3.1 gold
Masterwork thieves tools (+2 to Disable device, and Open locks): 100 gold
Grappling Hook, silk rope (7 lbs): ………………………………….11 gold
Waterskin, 2 days rations (3 lbs) ………………………..3 gold
Large sack, caltrops (2 ½ lbs) …………………………….1.1 gold
Poundage 33 lbs, total expenditures: 139.2
Cash to spend 10 gold, 8 silver, and 10 gems w10 gps each

Milo Greenbottle was part of a wandering band of halfling crafters and rogues. They wandered the North, but frequently stayed in Waterdeep for years at a time selling crafts, and stealing people blind.

Milo was part of a family that specialized in theivery. Crafts were for the winter months, when it was too cold to go out-its what you did to pass the time. Milo made his own leather armor this way, with a secret compartment for his theive’s tools.

One year in Waterdeep, Milo’s clan stayed in the merchant ward. They were in a “little people’s quarter.” There was an elderly gnomish woman who hated halflings. She was unpleasant, bigoted, and hatefull. No one liked her. No one loved her. So Milo decided to rob her-and he did. He lingered about the next morning to see the results. She did not fly into a rage of hate, or falsely accuse people at random as he expected. No. She wept. She cried. She hurt.

The clan came to her aid, with food, gifts, and comfort. Milo had never seen his victims before. He had never felt the grief he had caused before. So that night, he broke in again, and returned everything he stole, and more.

His clan, took him aside, and told him this is why you never stay behind to watch your victims. Certainly, there was no justification for returning anything-he stole things fair and square. Milo just said he could never steal from ordinary people again-he could feel their grief.

Milo left the clan to seek his fortune as an adventurer. Rich people and villains are his targets now, but he will never take all they have, he will always leave something behind. Milo would love to hone his skills in a dungeon environment, where the only victims are goblinoids…He would love to hire on with PC’s. Milo came to Silverthorne to test out the security of the goblin and kobolds in the area. He already knows the location of two kobold lairs just from wandering around the area. So he will guide PCs-for a price.

Cyclops

First Post
Kobold Raiding Party.

This group will focus on caravans, planning on building their strength for an eventual attack on the gnomish thorpe built around the silver mine. PC’s will hear of kobold attackers who strike at night. A magic-user is among the raiders, Lightning Bolts are being used…

T'ban, male kobold Sor6: CR 6; Size S (3 ft., 8 in. tall); HD 6d4+6; hp 27; Init +5 (+5 Dex); Spd 30 ft.; AC 17 (+5 Dex, +1 Size, +1 Natural); Attack +3 melee, or +9 ranged; SV Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +6; AL LE; Str 8, Dex 20, Con 13, Int 14, Wis 13, Cha 18.

Languages Spoken: Draconic, Halfling, Gnomish, Common (bought).

Skill points: Sor 30
Skills and feats: Alchemy +7, Hide +9, Knowledge (arcana) +11, Listen +1, Move silently +5, Lang Common (+2), Disguise +9, Search +7, Spot +4; Spell Focus-Evocation, Spellcasting Prodigy, Extend Spell.

Possessions: 5,600 gp in gear.
Magic:
Slippers of Spider Climbing, 3 Pearls of Power (+1 First Level Spell each)
Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds
Equipment:
Tunic, worn. Backpack halfling make, sleeping blankets, Halfling Travelers outfit, 2 days rations (dried meat-you don’t want to know of what), silver ornate ring w/100 gold. 10 gems w/10 gold each.
Club +2 to hit (included –1 for STR), damage 1D6 –1, Crit x2.
15 gold, 30 silver, 10 copper

Sorcerer Spells Known (6/7/6/4):
Save DC 15+spell level. Evocation spells 17 + spell level
0th -- Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Light, Mage Hand, Ray of Frost, Read Magic.
1st – Identify, Magic Missile, Obscuring Mist, Burning Hands.
2nd – Alter Self (19 disguise skill), Invisibility.
3rd – Lightning Bolt.

T’ban wants to be chieftan sooner rather than later. He is engaging in aggressive raiding to gain the magic, and experience he needs to overthrow his uncle’s rule. Gathering a few trusted lads, he set out after big game, taking targets other kobolds would never dare to take. Using extended Alter self and Invisibility spells, he will spy out caravan strengths and cargoes. Lately he has been bold enough to spy on the arcane magic users in Silverthorne itself! T’ban lusts after magic items.

In combat, he will wait for caravans to camp for the night, and open with a Lightning Bolt. His raiders who have already infiltrated the camp, will then attack. T’ban will snipe as needed, and provide an Obscuring Mist if needed for retreat. He prefers to not hit mages with Lightning Bolts for fear of damaging magic items, if pressed, all bets are off.

Oorblam, male kobold War3: CR 2; Size S (3 ft., 6 in. tall); HD 3d8+12; hp 27; Init +2 (+2 Dex); Spd 30 ft.; AC 18 (+2 Dex, +1 Size, +1 Natural, +4 chain shirt); Attack +6 melee, or +6 ranged; SV Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +2; AL LE; Str 14, Dex 14, Con 18, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 12.

Languages Spoken: Draconic, Common.

Skill points: War 18
Skills and feats: Climb +4, Craft +3 (traps), Hide +6, Jump +8, Knowledge (nature) +3, Listen +2, Move silently +2, Profession +3, Ride +7, Search +3, Spot +1; Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot.

Possessions: Chain Shirt, backpack, sleeping blankets, shortsword, short bow, 20 arrows. 2 days rations.

Angiwar, male kobold War3: CR 2; Size S (3 ft., 5 in. tall); HD 3d8+12; hp 30; Init +4 (+4 Dex); Spd 30 ft.; AC 19 (+4 Dex, +1 Size, +1 Natural, +2 leather, +1 shield); Attack +6 melee, or +8 ranged; SV Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +4; AL LE; Str 14, Dex 19, Con 18, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 12.

Languages Spoken: Draconic, Gnomish.

Skills and feats: Craft +3 (traps), Diplomacy +3, Handle animal +5, Hide +8, Jump +6, Listen +3, Move silently +6.5, Open lock +5, Profession +5, Search +3, Spot +3; Dodge, Mobility.

Possessions: Leather, Light mace, small shield, dagger. Large sack. 10 Gold, 2 silver. Crude map to a gnomish silver mine (the gnome thorpe)

Arbrah, male kobold War3: CR 2; Size S (3 ft., 3 in. tall); HD 3d8+12; hp 27; Init +3 (+3 Dex); Spd 30 ft.; AC 15 (+3 Dex, +1 Size, +1 Natural, +2 leather, +1 shield); Attack +6 melee, or +7 ranged; SV Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +2; AL LE; Str 14, Dex 20, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 12.

Languages Spoken: Draconic, Infernal.

Skills and feats: Climb +4, Craft +3 (traps), Hide +7, Intimidate +6, Jump +6, Listen +3, Move silently +3, Perform +2, Profession +3, Ride +8, Search +3, Spot +3; Alertness, Weapon Expertise Short sword +5.

Possessions: +1 shock Shortsword, Melee +9, Dam 1-6+3 (+1D6 shock) (does not glow)
Leather Armor, small shield, large sack, 6 gold, 20 silver, cloak, Potion of Healing (1D8+1)

Bruumar, female kobold Adp5: CR 4; Size S (3 ft., 4 in. tall); HD 5d6+20; hp 44; Init +2 (+2 Dex); Spd 30 ft.; AC 14 (+2 Dex, +1 Size, +1 Natural); Attack +3 melee, or +5 ranged; SV Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +10; AL LE; Str 10, Dex 14, Con 18, Int 13, Wis 18, Cha 14.

Languages Spoken: Abyssal, Draconic.

Skill points: Adp 24
Skills and feats: Concentration +10, Craft +3 (traps), Handle animal +10, Hide +8, Listen +4, Move silently +5, Alchemy +7, Search +3, Spot +4; Brew Potion, Silent Spell .

Possessions:
Wand of Cure Light Wounds (30 charges left), Potion Invisibility, Potion Cure Moderate
Club, Backpack, 20 gold, 6 gems worth 25 gold each.

Adept Spells Per Day: 3/3/2.
0 Level: Detect Magic, Guidance, Purify Food and Drink
1st Level: Cure Light Wounds, Burning Hands (5D4), Sleep
2nd Level: Cure Moderate Wounds, Mirror Image

Add about 30 Normal kobolds and 5 war dogs (raised from halfling riding dogs, stolen from the Silverthorne area). There is no shortage of volunteers, even tho many recruits die, the rewards are astounding! They will have 1-4 gold each, and some item of halfling make, like a sickle, a tool, or a fine quilt. T’ban has made quite a name for himself among the various tribes in the area.

Remove ads