• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I need some interesting dice recipes

Nareau

Explorer
My wife has started making geeky soaps (to sell on Etsy), some of which contain soap-dice. They're pretty awesome.
il_fullxfull.267160287.jpg

I suggested she could make a series of soaps with dice rolls we might actually see at the table. Here's an example:
"Critical hit with a keen flaming burst longsword!"
2d20 (first = 17 on top for the critical threat, second = 15 on top for the confirm)
2d8 (for the damage)
1d6 (for the flaming)
1d10 (for the burst)

Another one could be called "Killed by a wraith!" with the following loadout (I'll let you guys figure out what this one represents):
1d20 = 19
1d4 = 2
1d6 = 6
1d20 = 3
1d4 = 2

I think for these to work well, they should have 5-7 dice, including at least 3 different types of dice, and be a roll (or a few rolls) we'd see made together. The soaps are scented, so if you have an idea for an essential oil that would be appropriate, include that as well. :)

Also, they don't have to be limited to 3.0/3.5. Whatever system works!

Last edited:

Wednesday Boy

The Nerd WhoFell to Earth
"House cat vs. Commoner"
1d4=3 (for the Commoner's hit points)
3d20= 6, 13, 19 (for the house cat's full attack)
2d4 & 1d3=1, 1, 1 (for the house cat's damage)
1d4=3 (for the next Commoner's hit points)

Also if the soaps are big enough it'd be interesting to have an actual die in the center. When enough of the soap washed away the die would fall to the sink/shower bottom and you'd know how well you washed yourself! (Although if you do this with d4's definitely include a warning and a non-liable clause for any injuries sustained in the shower.)

Wycen

Explorer
I'm a little confused. Are the numbers you propose the only visible side of the dice, since they are set within the non-opaque slab of soap? I like the idea of naming certain sets, but unless you customize all sides of a dice, I'm obviously missing something.

How about, "Wizard's First Fireball"?

5d6 (showing random)
3d20 (showing random) - the three saving throws of his targets

Or, "1st-Level Adventuring Party"?

(All showing max)
1d12: Barbarian
1d10: Fighter / Paladin
1d8: Cleric
1d6: Rogue
1d4: Wizard

AeroDm

First Post
I'm just thinking logistically here, but you might want to recommend avoiding d4s. At some point during its lifespan, it'll become an annoying bar of soap.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads