D&D 5E I need to get over the hump and submit

Sadrik

First Post
Forgive the internet meme, but, "you're doing it wrong".
Don't think of 5E as the edition which didn't meet your expectations. Think of 5E as the edition which made building your own personal edition easier to achieve.
That's how I'm looking at it. I'm already building my own edition, based on ideas taken from all existing editions and from 5E, and elsewhere. 5E will likely form the core of my own edition, with all my personal trappings being the face of the edition.
That is, 5E will provide the underlying mechanics, but the implementation of those mechanics will be my own.

Very well stated, hopefully R&Ds internal goals will be met. The edition that allows many play styles and focuses on delivering to the plurality as opposed to a single group. Lets just hope they can hammer out the core of the game or the notion of delivered plurality won't mean much.

Sadrik

First Post
Given that I run a "simple" game for my daughters and play in a high-level "complex" game with my friends, I appreciated 5E's approach of creating a la carte mechanics that will let me use just the pieces I want for a given game.

I also appreciate this. My sons are showing an interest and I don't think that other recent editions offer something that can be delivered to them. 5e has the potential to do what early editions did and still be extensible enough to allow for advanced play.

Remove ads