D&D General I really LOVE Stomping Goblins

Status
Not open for further replies.

HammerMan

Legend
has anyone ever had to stop and say "Wait... we are invading a kingdom of ______ and these are really just the guards, doing there jobs" has anyone ever been able to see an orc/goblin/drow in the wild and set up an ambush because you KNOW you are in the right to just kill them?

Scribe

Legend
I get that alignment kicked your puppy across the room at some point, but you do not have to be a jerk about it.
Meh, the less engagement on it the better.

I find it humorous that the same topics are on loop in this forum, they will never be resolved.

Scribe

Legend
has anyone ever had to stop and say "Wait... we are invading a kingdom of ______ and these are really just the guards, doing there jobs" has anyone ever been able to see an orc/goblin/drow in the wild and set up an ambush because you KNOW you are in the right to just kill them?
Like in a game? No, why would I?

In the wild, if I have an opportunity for ambush but dont need it? I would avoid the fight. If I have to go through some mooks of the big bad, then thats the obstacle which has been placed before the group.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
[Raises hand]

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Sometimes? I guess it depends on how soon I want the alarm to be raised.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
They don't have free will. That's what I said. Free will isn't a prerequisite for personality.
…ok? So, your goblins are uncomplicated, unnuanced, evil things that it’s ok to kill. I’ve been saying this whole time that it’s when you try to make them complicated, nuanced beings that it’s ok to kill that it causes problems.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
has anyone ever had to stop and say "Wait... we are invading a kingdom of ______ and these are really just the guards, doing there jobs"
Of course. I generally try to avoid killing guards whenever it can be helped.
has anyone ever been able to see an orc/goblin/drow in the wild and set up an ambush because you KNOW you are in the right to just kill them?
I mean, yeah, there was a time when I would play with always-evil monsters. Been a long time though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads