D&D General I really LOVE Stomping Goblins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scribe

Legend
I get that sometimes you might just want think deeply and just do commit some fictional violence. But I really don't get why you would then care about the moral aspect at all? Why you need to justify it? Why can't your character just kill the goblins, why it matters who's good or bad in this scenario? We aren't thinking deeply about morals after all.
I think that this is the point of the thread?

Sometimes, you just want to get in there and start swinging for the fences to see how far you can launch your next target through the window.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
I get that sometimes you might just want think deeply and just do commit some fictional violence. But I really don't get why you would then care about the moral aspect at all? Why you need to justify it? Why can't your character just kill the goblins, why it matters who's good or bad in this scenario? We aren't thinking deeply about morals after all.
Evil Dead Ash GIF

Vaalingrade

Legend
Because people want to feel like they're the hero of their story. Only cartoon bad guys, edgelords and false martyrs think they're the bad guy. So everything they do must be framed as something righteous.

It's why the original I Am Legend/Omega Man had so much impact. It was a sucker punch to realize that the main character, the protagonist in fact was the terrifying monster and not the scary freaks we were told to hate via viewpoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads