D&D General I really LOVE Stomping Goblins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oofta

Legend
Morality is a strange thing. I played a the kingmaker computer game recently... I had no problem playing the mite against the kobold and having both groups slaughter themselves (with my enthusiast contribution)... and I found a location where a few mammoth were grazing. 180 xp apiece. I attacked them... paused. Reflected. Reloaded.

It is kind of funny. I don't think twice about sniping an enemy in Far Cry, but I feel guilty if I accidentally run over a dog.

Oofta

Legend
Well, we, here, talk more about TTRPGs.

Moreover, for those who play a lot of CRPGs, they've chosen the games that meet their tastes. That means that, by and large, if you have different groups of CRPG players, they are playing different games. Even if CRPGs were being discussed, the two groups wouldn't generally be in the same discussion.

In TTRPGs is the space where two groups, playing the same game are doing so for markedly different experiences.

Which is why it's important to discuss with the people at the table and potential new players to set expectations. I can't be the right DM for everyone, I have some limitations such as no evil PCs that have meant people chose not to continue playing. There's room for a wide variety of styles and much like CRPGs, people running TTRPGs should be clear on what style they prefer.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Yes, true. But someone who likes role-playing heavy CRPGs don't tend to tell those who like action RPGs that they are different moral levels.

No, but then, they wouldn't unless they had a shared community in which they cross paths and discuss the matter.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Vanilla is the second most popular flavor of ice cream after chocolate. Dang. Now I'm hungry for ice cream. :mad:

And vanilla is also the top most selling flavor, overall, because it is more commonly used as a base than chocolate is.

Vaalingrade

Legend
It is kind of funny. I don't think twice about sniping an enemy in Far Cry, but I feel guilty if I accidentally run over a dog.
Looking into the alternate universe where someone posted a thread entitle 'I love running over videogame dogs'.

And don't tell me dogs aren't evil or 'they're all good boys'. I was bitten as a child.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Why are you putting jam on ice cream?!? Can't you just get an ice cream that already has jam in it?
Hey, don't knock it. I'll sometimes get a couple spoonsful of my favorite jam (raspberry) and mix in a splash or two of my favorite wine (pinot) until it has a pourable consistency, then drizzle it over my favorite ice cream (vanilla).

'Vanilla is boring'? pff. You just gotta know how to houserule it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases