• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I, Robot Trailer

dreaded_beast

First Post
I, Robot, based on the Issac Asimov novel, starring Wil Smith.

I love the novel and I like Wil Smith.

However, I was a bit disappointed with the trailer. It appears they have turned the story into an action flick, with just minimal references to the actual novel. I hope the trailer is just a poor representation of the actual movie.

NeoSamurai

First Post
My reaction upon seeing the trailer was..."My God...they ruined it."

The stories that made up I, Robot seem to have been picked from and made into some awful amalgam of an action movie. It looks like the wit of I, Robot has been thoroughly trashed in favor of popular culture.

Laurel

First Post
I have to agree with you two on this one. They could have tailored the trailer for those who need the big action to see a movie. Planning on those who read (or have read) the book and like it will see the movie anyways, so no need to draw them in.

From what the director said, its definitely INSPIRED by I, Robot. Not at all BASED on the stories. However, it is like a 'prequel' type thing to the stories, and he said that if it goes well they may make others that are actual stories from the book.

Brown Jenkin

First Post
I recently read that this was not based on I Robot at all. The studio had a script for a robot action movie and only later decided to improve its positioning by changing the name. One character was added later so that it was not entirely without connection. I repeat, This is not actualy based on I Robot, this is an unrelated robot action movie using the same name. It may be the greatest action movie this summer but it is not Aasimov's work.

Tetsubo

First Post
I figure it will be at least as entertaining as Minority Report. And it won't have any annoying alternate history paradoxes. :)

I'll go to see it, but I do really wonder what they've made of Asimov's original stories.

The trailer didn't look like they'd captured the esssence of Caves of Steel, but I can always hope.

Viking Bastard

Adventurer
Man, the designers of those robots really thought of everything.

There's even a secret red light installed that turns on when the robots turn evil.

Viking Bastard

Adventurer
As for the movie, it looks watchable. I really like the iBots. It's nice to know
that Apple doesn't go bankrupt in the near future. I've never read any of
Aasimov's stuff, so I'm not in pain over the poor adaption.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads