I saw a Ghostbuster and it was good (spoilers)

GreyLord

Legend

Doesn't look like it is available at where I am at. At least it doesn't appear to be available for me.

The DVD set (so no special Ghost trap box) is much less though, only 42.99 for all three movies. I'd get it (or, I will get it probably).

Doesn't look like it is available at where I am at. At least it doesn't appear to be available for me.

The DVD set (so no special Ghost trap box) is much less though, only 42.99 for all three movies. I'd get it (or, I will get it probably).
yeah, I think it's currently all spoken for at least from amazon, it includes a rare out-of-print book that's considered a holy grail among the Ghostbusters fandom.

Erekose

Eternal Champion
Late to the party I know but watched this at the weekend and loved it. The vast majority of the film is with the new cast - albeit the underlying story is about what Egon was doing and the resolution of that. It was a bit less weird than it might've been going in and knowing it was a respectful homage to the original film (and to Harold Ramis).

Maybe a lot of me liking the film was the strong links to the previous two films and so when the surviving original three Ghostbusters turn up that was just the icing on the cake. Also, a nice touch that (like in the first film) it took four proton packs to defeat Zuul as opposed to just three (and off course gave Phoebe a nice moment to shine).

Of course I could just be getting sentimental in my old age! :ROFLMAO:

Zardnaar

Legend
Late to the party I know but watched this at the weekend and loved it. The vast majority of the film is with the new cast - albeit the underlying story is about what Egon was doing and the resolution of that. It was a bit less weird than it might've been going in and knowing it was a respectful homage to the original film (and to Harold Ramis).

Maybe a lot of me liking the film was the strong links to the previous two films and so when the surviving original three Ghostbusters turn up that was just the icing on the cake. Also, a nice touch that (like in the first film) it took four proton packs to defeat Zuul as opposed to just three (and off course gave Phoebe a nice moment to shine).

Of course I could just be getting sentimental in my old age! :ROFLMAO:

Phoebe was great. Movie did tug the ol heart strings.

i give the movie a solid c. the best part of it is the fan service stuff (last 10 minutes) plus the extra scene which was the funniest line in the entire movie . Egon is a total jerk until literally the last minute (cat write or call etc?). i wouldnt forgive him

This doesnt hold a candle to 1 episode of stranger things

i felt bad that akyroyd got old and really hasnt had a good movie in a long time. i hope he gets a second life from this . he would make a great grandfather in something

the best ghost is the metal eating ghost. Would have been a lot better if there were some more regular ghosts during the movie like every other ghostbuster movie including the remake before

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
I am the only one I know who always sits through all the credits at every movie I go to. It annoys my family.

Mezuka

Hero
Watched it last night. It's a good reboot (changing of the guard). We enjoyed it.

The mashmallow guys are the best. I was upset the old crew showed up, at the end, to 'save the day' ...but was happy they failed. It took all of them to make the Spengler mega-trap work.

The budget was only 80 millions for Afterlife. They were careful with this one after the 2016 box office bomb. That is why there are fewer ghost CGIs rampaging around the small town.

Ryujin

Legend
I am the only one I know who always sits through all the credits at every movie I go to. It annoys my family.
No, I generally do too. You would think that the Marvel movies, if not "Ferris Bueller's Day Off", would have trained more people to stick around until after the credits. Besides, I'm always trying to see if anyone I know was crew.

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
No, I generally do too. You would think that the Marvel movies, if not "Ferris Bueller's Day Off", would have trained more people to stick around until after the credits. Besides, I'm always trying to see if anyone I know was crew.
As a fan of film scores, I can listen to the score afterwards without any of the story's diagetic sound, but the movie theater sound system is the best way I'm probably ever going to hear that end credit music. Also, I paid good money to see the film, so I'm going to get every penny's worth and sit there and digest the movie to whatever music someone thought was best for the end credits.

Remove ads