• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I Wish...

Droid101

First Post
Well, my PCs are planning on using a Wish spell to take control over an Adamantium Golem (from the Epic Level Handbook). Although they are supposed to be immune to spells, this is a Wish folks. Should it work? Looking for a few opinions. Thanks! :D

Droid101

First Post
DarkJester said:
Take control for how long? For 5000 experience I'd let them have it for a couple minutes.
Oooh, good compromise. I didn't think of a short duration. I was just thinking "Controlled or not." I think that's what I'll do.

the Jester

Legend
Not in my opinion. A golem has a very specific exception or exceptions to its magic immunity ability, and wish ain't it.

Though I would allow a wish to ape a spell that would affect the golem (for instance, slow on a mithral golem).

Vrecknidj

Explorer
There are loads of ways of approaching this, I think I can make sense of two.

1) The wish isn't affecting the golem as much as it's affecting reality. The SRD says, in the description "By simply speaking aloud, you can alter reality to better suit you." So, one could argue that what the wish is doing is affecting both the way that magic affects golems, and this particular golem.

2) The wish changes things so that the person doing the wishing becomes the person who created the golem, and this creation included placing some degree of control in the hands of the creator.

In both cases, I'd go with a duration. And, with the second option, I would have the "history" fix itself when the duration expired.

Dave

Chris Nagle

First Post
Droid101 said:
Well, my PCs are planning on using a Wish spell to take control over an Adamantium Golem (from the Epic Level Handbook). Although they are supposed to be immune to spells, this is a Wish folks. Should it work? Looking for a few opinions. Thanks! :D

HAHAHA :lol: :lol: :lol:

Go ahead let them control it! What happens to the creator who made it. Would he not be a little pissed that his EPIC Golem has been stolen!
Create an EPIC caster as you need to be 30th Level to create it.
Just image the mischief you could get up too! :D

You could even do it so that the creator could take back control and all commands from the person who did the wish have to be approved by them.
When they give the golem an order make it pause for 1 round then carry it out.

Man you gould do so much with this!

Court House
"Your Honour these are the thievies who stole my 500,000gp Golem"

:cool:

Thanee

First Post
Yeah, you don't affect the golem, but rather redirect the control link, so to say. I'd allow this, it sounds like a quite inventive approach. :)

And yeah, the original creator would be p&%$&! :D

Bye
Thanee

Alnag

First Post
Go through every and each of the words of their wish. And if there is some different meaning of whatever they say, use it!

Remove ads