• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[IC] Calibration - homebrew gng.

Iron Captain

First Post
Arthur quickly runs across the square in a ducked postion moving behind the Sgt.

"What's going on sir? Where's the Cpt.?"

He looks around trying to see anything.

So I did see something.

doghead

thotd
--- THE BIG HOUSE ---

- Alpha -

Goss glances back at Arthur. "Thats wot we are going to find us out. Lovel, cover me. Rutherford, you have rear. Lets move."

Goss swings his carbine up and pushes through the door into the house. Lovel follows behind.

The low rumble of the Lifter engines drowns out any smaller noises from inside the house.

--- THE PRIEST'S RESIDENCE ---

- Bravo -

After a moment Martin realises that the shot, if it was one, came from outside, and wasn't directed at them. At Bravo at least.

- OOC -
I can't remember who was in which Team. So I'm going with West (NPC) in Bravo - along with Strathmore (Galieo) and Robinson (LO/NPC) , and Lovel in Alpha - along with Goss (KG/NPC) and Rutherford (IC).

Watus, Bravo and Lt Martin are still in the priest's residence (attached to the church) at this point. From you post, wasn't sure if you knew. From the residence Bravo could go back out through the church, or out through the front door of the residence (which they have seen, but haven't tried to open.

Watus

First Post
OOC: have we checked out the entire residence? I'm under the impression that we have. Does the entrance to the residence front on the square? If so, then Martin will go that way. Otherwise, it's back through the church to discover the source of the fire. Sorry for the confusion.

doghead

thotd
- OOC -
Yes, Bravo has been through all the obvious rooms in the house. The front door leads to the village square. No problem.

Iron Captain

First Post
Arthur nods to the Sgt. as he moves up to the door taking one last look at the village square before moving into the house a tight grip on his rifle.
He follows the others and wipes the some beads of sweat from his face with the back of his hand.

doghead

thotd
--- THE BIG HOUSE ---

- Alpha -

Sgt Goss moves slowly into the house. The front door leads into a foyer. There are carpets on the floor, and pictures on the walls. Its a fine place. But the pot-plants look dry and withered, there is broken glass on the floor and muddy footprints tracked across the carpet. Stairs run up the back wall, left to right. There is an unobtrusive door beneath the stairs, probably leading through to the kitchen. There are two more doors, one on the left, one on the right. They are more ornate. The one on the right is wide open, and that is the way Sgt Goss heads. Pvt Lovel follows.

The room beyond the door is dark, as if all the curtains are drawn. Sgt Goss grunts with surprise, or disgust, at the sight of something out of sight of Rutherford. He brings up his weapon and fires. Lovel steps to the right, to get a better view. Simultaneously, a dark shape lurches out of the darkness on Lovel's right. It rips at the Marine's throat. Lovel screams, but it has an odd bubbling quality, as he tries to fend off his attacker with his rifle.

- OOC -
Arthur is still in the foyer, a couple of steps behind the others. Lovel and Goss are in another room, Arthur is viewing events through the frame of the door.

Watus

First Post
Lt. Martin throws open the front door of the parsonage and sees Alpha entering a building on the other side of the square. He turns his head and shouts over his shoulder: "Bravo: with me!" And trots across the square.

Iron Captain

First Post
Arthur opens his mouth as if to say something as he aims his rifle at the door frame, but nothing comes out as the young marine just stares in horror at the gruesome scene before him.

Finally he turns his head to the doorway leading outside and shouts out to Bravo hoping they can hear him: "MAN DOWN! WE HAVE HOSTILES!"

He fires off his rifle at the shape his training taking control of him.

OOC: No penalty for firing into melee due to Precise Shot.
Attack roll with Rifle:3d6+7=13

I'm kind of rusty on the combat rules will have to take another look at them tonight.
If he can't see the enemy he will ready a standard action to shoot at any hostile creature that he spots through the door frame.

doghead

thotd
--- THE BIG HOUSE ---

- Alpha -

Arthur fires, and the shape jerks slightly. The muzzel flassh gives Arther his first good look at Lovel's attacker. It is one of the villagers; make human, probably about mid thirties, well dressed. But its skin is pale and bloodless, and its eyes are empty.

The thing continues its assault on Lovel. It leans forward, drawing Lovel close, as if to embrace the Marine. There is a wet ripping sound. Blood sprays from Lovel's throat.

There is another shot, and the room is lit up momentarily by another muzzel flash. Arther catches a glimpse of a table and chairs behind Lovel and two other figures advancing on Goss.

- Bravo -

Bravo falls in behind Martin. They leave the house, though the gardens and back into the village square. The Lifter remains in the center of the square. The navigator is crouched beside it, pistol in hand. He is looking the other way, at the houses across the way. He doesn't spot Bravo. Several shots ring out.

- OOC -
Watus: Notice DC 10 to indentify which house, either by sound or flashes of light in the windows. Add +2 for the teams aid. One round of movement will get you into the surrounding houses.
IC: I must admit I find it difficult to come to terms with firing into a melee with no chance of hitting an ally. Where is the fun in that? But I will go with the RAW (-4 to hit, negated by Precise Shot). Just don't roll 1.1.1. :D

Remove ads