• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [IC] Creamsteak's Princes of Elemental Evil

Creamsteak

Explorer
OOC: OK, so nobody is vulnerable to darkness? That makes things easy.

This is the staircase at AI 19, it spirals down sort-of.

Your actual options down are the one in room M16 (past a certain friendly neighborhood scribe), down through the hole in the courtyard, down through the large staircase in the middle of the main building, or down the spiral stairs at AI 19. I have currently revealed the party down the spiral staircase at AI 19.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
OOC: M16 is the [scribe]'s room.

OOC: Ah. Two separate confusions by me:
1. I meant M11 and not M16 in post 1197
2. I thought M13 was the scribe's room, and not M16.

So -- if there are only two staircases down, and one of them is in the Lich room, then I'm fine going down the central staircase and I won't try to block it off. I'm finding this is going very quickly this morning. I am unable to post for the next 6 hours.

Dent peered forward to the limits of what he could see with his half-elven eyes. The darkness made him uncomfortable. He paused, speaking softly in the hope of preventing his voice from carrying. "Let's orient ourselves. Perhaps one of us better suited to investigate as point? Either I or Tolan could go second as reinforcement." While he waited for a response, Dent kept his eyes forward and his ears pricked. He looked and listened for aggressors.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Tolan drags himself listlessly behind the party as they explore the remainder of the above ground complex, poking through the kitchen and laundry. Once the decision is made to push further, he straightens up slightly and readjusts his shield and blade making sure all is ready in case of more danger.

Forged Fury

First Post
Damien piped up. "I can take the lead. I can be sneaky when necessary. Plus, I've got disguises for days." The warlock created an illusion of him being a robed monk. He pulled out the tin mask he had collected earlier and settled it on his face. "If nothing else, it may give them pause before they attack."

OOC: If required, here's a Stealth check = [roll0]

Yes... very sneaky.

Dent made way for Damien to range ahead, giving the warlock a fifteen foot lead if possible. Then he followed behind, second in line, in case there was trouble.

Creamsteak

Explorer
A large well sits in one corner of this room, equipped with a winch-and-bucket mechanism for fetching water. Doors enter from the north, west, and south. Several dirty straw pallets lie tucked into the corners of the room—including one very large and stinking pallet.

As Damien peers into the room he sees four orcish creatures and a large ogrish looking thug. In between two of the orcish thugs is a somewhat injured male human bound in irons. It doesn't seem that they've noticed the door being moved slightly.

It looks like they have the "prisoner" and are uncertain where to go with him or what to do with him.

The hulking ogre is sitting down, his fist squarely in his mouth.

Attachments

• map.png
    map.png
    187.8 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:

Forged Fury

First Post
Not confident about his ability to deal with slow-witted humanoids who would fail to appreciate the many layers of his deception, Damien slunk back to the rest of the party and related what he saw, making sure to describe the human in exacting detail so that Dent didn't do some idiot thing like yell out a demand for a description likely warning the group in the next room.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads