IC: Dichotomy's Age of Worms Redux, Part IV

o3caudata

First Post
"Thank the gods." Kushnak mutters under his breath as Tarquin's eyes open.

He then turns his attention to the pesky merchant.

[sblock=oc]Blindness again on M. DC 17[/sblock]
 

log in or register to remove this ad

worthley

First Post
"Time for your happy spell Eskard." Bazrim stands his ground infront of the door and does what he can to help calm the situation and casts a spell on Eskard.
[sblock=ooc]enlarge person on eskard.[/sblock]
 

Dichotomy

Explorer
While Tarquin quickly crawls into the adjacent room, Eskard dashes across the taproom and grabs hold of the merchant.

Bazrim's spell transforms the warrior into a giant.

Erdolliel protects herself against the coming onslaught.

Kushnak attempts his spell again, but, again the merchant shrugs it off.

The merchant manages to press his short sword into Eskard's flesh.

Nethezar fires bolts from his new wand at the merchant.

The crowd converges on the party, but most of the damage is only superficial.

[sblock=OOC]Tarquin crawls

Eskard: moves
5 & 6: AoOs, 2+, 3+ both miss
M: AoO, 17+ hit, 7 damage
Eskard: grapple attempt, 12+, hit, grapple checks 9+ vs 9+ (ooooh) success, 6 nonlethal damage (I'm assuming that you intend to maintain the grapple, and therefore, share M's space)
Bazrim: enlarge person on S
Erdolliel: total defense
Kushnak: blindness on M, Fort save 14+ success
Merchant: attacks S (-4 for being grappled), 3+ miss, 17+ hit, 5 damage
Nethezar: [I just realized that I completely skipped Neth last round...] wands M, 15 damage (bad roll)
Crowd: 1&4 attack R, 4+ 13+ miss; 2,3,13 attack N, 7 damage; 5 attacks K, 20!, 7, 3 damage; 6 moves attacks S, 20!, 2, 2 damage

Status & Init:
Eskard: dodge on M; 33 damage
Bazrim: mage armor
Erdolliel: dodge on M; +4 dodge to AC
Kushnak: 3 damage
Merchant: 15, damage; 6 nonlethal damage, grappled
Nethezar: 7 damage
Crowd:[/sblock]
 

TiCaudata

First Post
"Get off of me!" The elf yells as she attacks the nearest patron.[sblock=oc]try to deal nonlethal damage to #4. So with a dagger I believe that means I have +3, 1d4+2. Switch my dodge bonus to #1.[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

o3caudata

First Post
Eskard grins widely as he enlarges and he throws his full weight against the merchant.

[sblock=oc]Attempt to pin M, grapple +17. If the first attempt fails, try again. If the first attempt is successful, Grapple to deal non-lethal damage. 1d4+5[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

o3caudata

First Post
"You fools, Tarquin is OK and WE were the ones who helped him." Kushnak shouts at the remaining crowd members.

[sblock=oc]Delay til after the crowd.[/sblock]
 

worthley

First Post
"We don't want to hurt you. Just conced!" Bazrim yells at the merchant.
[sblock=ooc]ready to mm the merchant if he attacks someone in the party.[/sblock]
 

Dichotomy

Explorer
While Eskard's first attempt is rather clumsy, the hulking half-orc throws the merchant to the floor.

Erdolliel makes a horrid swing at one of the crowd members, who quickly shouts (with an added expletive), "She STABBED AT ME!"

Somehow the smaller merchant manages to push Eskard off enough to regain his feet. As he stabs into the half-orc again, Bazrim fires his trusted missiles of force.

Nethezar follows suit with his wand.

The remaining members of the crowd swing again at the group, inflicting minor wounds.
[sblock=OOC]Eskard: pin attempt, 1+ vs 9+, fail; tries again 17+ vs 7+, success
Bazrim: readies
Erdolliel: dodge against 1; attack 4, 2+ miss
Kushnak: delay
Merchant: break pin attempt, 15+ vs 1+, success; attacks S
Bazrim: ready triggers (i have NO IDEA whether you are using a wand or memorized spell; you do some amount of damage
Merchant: attacks S, 17+ hit, 10 damage
Nethezar: wands M, 22 damage
Crowd: 1&4 attack R, 10+ 7+ miss; 2,3,13 attack N, 4 damage; 5 attacks K, 16+ hit, 2 damage; 6 attacks S, miss

Status & Init:
Kushnak: 5 damage
Eskard: dodge on M; 43 damage
Erdolliel: dodge on 1; +4 dodge to AC
Bazrim: mage armor
Merchant: 37, damage (plus MM); 6 nonlethal damage, grappled
Nethezar: 11 damage
Crowd:[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

o3caudata

First Post
Kushnak shouts sternly, as if reprimanding a child, "God damn it Eskard, I told you to restrain him, not get stabbed by him."


[sblock=oc]Kush moves 5' SE, then 10' E and spontaneously casts CCW on eskard. 4d8+7 [/sblock]

Eskard looks momentarily disheartened and then screams with rage, attempting to throw the man back to the ground.

[sblock=oc]Rage. same as before, 'cept it's +19 and 1d4+7 now[/sblock]
 

TiCaudata

First Post
"The next time, I might even hit hit you if you don't stop swinging at me you oaf!"[sblock=oc]try to deal nonlethal damage to #4. So with a dagger I believe that means I have +3, 1d4+2.[/sblock]
 

worthley

First Post
[sblock=ooc]memorized MM 4d4+4 last round[/sblock]
"Stop attacking us or you leave us with no choice"
[sblock=ooc]memorized MM split between the 4 lowest numbered remaining people[/sblock]
 

Dichotomy

Explorer
Kushank moves in and heals Eskard's wounds.

Despite his large size, Eskard simply cannot bring the merchant back to the ground.

Erdolliel slaps her dagger at the man near her.

Bazrim flings missiles at the crowd.

The merchant, seeing that Eskard's wounds have been healed, tries to break out. After that fails, he resigns to simply stabbing the half-orc. He has clear fear in his eyes now.

Nethezar fires his wand again. Immediately the merchant falls unconscious to the ground. Nethezar turns to the men near him. "Who is next?" he says in a calm voice.

"They're gonna kill us!" The crowd members quickly each drop their improvised weapons.
[sblock=OOC]13 damage from B's last MM

Kushnak: moves; CCW S, 29 hps
Eskard: rage; pin attempt, 7+ vs 17+ (this guy is lucky); tries again, 2+ vs 12+ (WOW)
Erdolliel: attack 4, 14+ hit, 4 nonlethal
Bazrim: MM 4 people, 4, 4, 2, and 3 damage
Merchant: escape attempt, 6+ vs 8+ fail; attacks S, 20! threat, 15+ confirm, 16 damage
Nethezar: wands M, 12 damage (rolled a lot of 1s)
Crowd: gives up

We are out of rounds now (though M is bleeding)

Status & Init:
Kushnak: 5 damage
Eskard: dodge on M; 30 damage
Erdolliel: dodge on 1; +4 dodge to AC
Bazrim: mage armor
Merchant: 61 damage; 6 nonlethal damage, grappled; unconscious
Nethezar: 11 damage
Crowd: #4 has 4 nonlethal[/sblock]
 

o3caudata

First Post
Kushak ignores the crowd and kneels nexts to the merchant, ensuring he is alive.

"You idiot..." he says to no one in particular.

Rising, he continues "The guard will be here soon. Baz, check on Tarquin. Nethezar and Eskard, go retrieve our things, we'll be wanting to take them with us. Erdolliel, search this man, remove anything.... No, everything but his clothing. And gag him. I'll help you tie him, and check his belongings over. Quickly."

[sblock=oc]spont CminorW on M, tie the dude up, detect magic on the stuff Erodlliel pulls off the guy, and then the guy. [/sblock]
 

TiCaudata

First Post
Erdolliel gives a mocking salute and says "Consider the man searched, Sir!" before making an aggressive motion at the guy near her and searching the 'merchant'.[sblock=oc]search +14[/sblock]
 

worthley

First Post
Bazrim quickly passes through the crowd, and follows Tarquin's path. "The fight is over, are you ok? My friends and I must be on our way."
 

Dichotomy

Explorer
As Eskard climbs the stairs to retrieve the party's things (which is a bit of a chore, given his size), Nethezar turns to follow, but it stopped by the shrill cry of Tarquin, coming out of the side room as Bazrim checks on him.

"He stabbed me! Why did you stab me?!"

"If I'd wanted you dead," the previously angry Nethezar nows seems extremely calm and matter-of-fact, "I'd have used this," he says, holding aloft his wand.

At the same time, Erdolliel deftly finds some items of note on the merchant. Particularly he has a strange, crooked key. But before she examines it any more closely, she also finds four daggers, each of which happens to have precisely the same design as the one previously pulled from Tarquin's chest.
[sblock=OOC]cminw on the merchant, tying, searching; the detecting magic hasn't happened yet.

Erdolliel finds: 2 potions; studded leather; short sword; 4 daggers; a key[/sblock]
 

TiCaudata

First Post
"I believe that this might provide some proof." Erdolliel says while displaying the dagger. "I don't suppose one of you magic types can see through any enchantments concealing this 'merchant'? She then arranges the found items on a table out of reach of the merchant and backs away.
 

worthley

First Post
"I'll do what I can."
[sblock=ooc]detect magic, look at the merchant and find out what I can from anything we find, casting twice if needed[/sblock]
 

Dichotomy

Explorer
"Try harder. Your best isn't good enough," Nethezar chides.

"What the hell? I don't understand..." Tarquin looks completely baffled.
[sblock=OOC]2 potions; studded leather; short sword all radiate as magical; nothing else does, including the guy himself.

You can let me know if baz continues to concentrate.[/sblock]
 


An Advertisement

Advertisement4

Top