• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

IC: Dichotomy's Age of Worms Redux, Part IV

TiCaudata

First Post
Erdolliel stays quiet and prepares for a beast to get within reach. [sblock=oc]Ready to attack any puppie that gets close. Here's hoping it doesn't see me first...[/sblock]

o3caudata

First Post
Eskard giggles at the site of the worg pack and moves to attack.

[sblock=oc]Move 40' toward the closest one. Dodge against it. Ready to attack any of them. (PA3) +8 / 2d6+13[/sblock]

Dichotomy

Explorer
While Bazrim and Kushnak both prepare with spells, Eskard eagerly moves closer to the creatures. Erdolliel remains hidden, and Nethezar also adds his magical aid as he closes as well.

The wolf-like beasts quickly move closer to the group and spread out a bit. For the moment, they seem focused on the two in front of them, and appear to have not noticed the elf hiding in the tree.

[sblock=OOC]Bazrim: casts mage armor
Kushnak: casts aid
Eskard: moves 40'; dodge against closest puppy; readies to attack
Erdolliel: keeps hiding; readies to attack
Nethezar: (I forgot his action last "round" so it's here too) draws morningstar; moves; casts bless
Puppies: all move 100 feet closer

Status & Init
Bazrim: mage armor
Kushnak: aid
Eskard
Erdolliel
Nethezar
Puppies

On the party: bless (+1 to hit and saves vs. fear)[/sblock]

worthley

First Post
Bazrim takes a deep breath and lets his trusty fireball go.
[sblock=ooc]should be able to place a fireball between 4 and 5 to get 3,4,5, and 6 without hitting anyone else 6d6 damage[/sblock]

o3caudata

First Post
Eskard dashes at the puppy closest to him and lash out.

[sblock=oc]Spring Attack 3. (PA 4) +8 / 2d6+15 (w/ bless) If it goes down, continue moving 15' N(for a total move of 25' N) and dodge on 2. If it stays up, move back to where I started and dodge on 3.[/sblock]

michael_noah

First Post
Kushnak cries out and rushes one of the dogs.

[sblock=ooc]So, I kind of want to know what the fireball does. I'll charge #6 if it is hurt, but not almost totally dead. If #6 is unharmed, or is almost totally dead, I'll charge #4 with the same condition. If neither of those fits, I'll charge #2. Hurt ones no PA - +11/2d6+4. Unhurt ones PA4 - +7/2d6+12 (including charge) AC: 17[/sblock]

TiCaudata

First Post
Erdolliel stealthily moves out to strike one of the new found beasts.[sblock=oc]Move while hiding NE, N, N, N. Then attack #1 (+7 1d8 +3) SA 3d6.[/sblock]

Dichotomy

Explorer
Bazrim's spell bursts among the worgs. While they suffer burns, they all seem to have avoided the worst of the blast. "Why the hells didn't you do that before?" Nethezar taunts.

Kushnak rushes in for a good blow against one of the worgs.

Eskard very nearly drops the worg in front of him before springing back.

Erdolliel tries to make use of her stealth, however, her aim is abysmal.

Nethezar rushes in and strikes with his morningstar, but the scholar lacks the strength of the half-orcs.

The worgs, instinctive pack animals, work in groups against the party. And quick as that, Kushnak, Eskard, Nethezar, and Erdolliel are all flung to the ground amidst blood and gnashing teeth.

[sblock=OOC]I'm not certain how Erdolliel's hiding interacts with the worg's scent ability. When the source of a smell gets w/in 5 feet, the worg automatically "pinpoints" it. However, my thinking is that, like (for example) improved invisibility, you'd get the SA bonus even if the opponent knows what square you are in. Yes?

Bazrim: fireballs 3-6, saves 18, 12, 15, 16, all succeed, 9 damage
Kushnak: charges 6, 18+ hit, 12 damage
Eskard: spring attack 3, 7+ hit, 19 damage; dodge against 3
Erdolliel: SA 1, 1! miss (I guess it was all academic anyway)
Nethezar: charges 4, 18+ hit, 5 damage (what a wimp)
1: 5-foot step; ready to attack R
2: 5-foot step;
1: ready triggers; attacks R, 12+ hit, 6 damage, trip attempt 10+ v. 3+, tripped
2: attacks R, 4+ miss
3: charges S, 10+ hit, 6 damage, trip 15+ v. 4+, tripped
4, 5, and 6 all use the 5-foot step/ready trick to get flanking bonuses
4: attacks N, 16+ hit, 10 damage, trip 20+ v. 16+, tripped
5: attacks K, 2+ miss
6: attacks K, 14+ hit, 10 damage, trip 10+ v. 3+, tripped

Holy crap! Those were messed up rolls. Trip is broken.

Status & Init
Bazrim: mage armor
Kushnak: 10 damage; aid; prone
Eskard: 6 damage; dodge against 3; prone
Erdolliel: 6 damage; prone
Nethezar: 10 damage; prone
1:
2:
3: 28 damage
4: 14 damage
5: 9 damage
6: 21 damage

On the party: bless (+1 to hit and saves vs. fear)[/SBLOCK]

o3caudata

First Post
"Bad puppy!" Eskard shouts as he stands and swings again.

[sblock]Stand. (I *think* mobility applies for the AoO, so ac would 23, otherwise 19) If 3 is still up, (PA 4) +8 / 2d6+15 (w/ bless) Otherwise move to flanking position with Erdolliel.

If 3 is up at the end of my turn, keep dodge on 3, otherwise 2.[/sblock]

worthley

First Post
Bazrim lets missles of force fly, yelling instructions to the others. "Take out the injured first, and cut their numbers."
[sblock=ooc]MM 3d4+3 #6[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads