• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

IC: Dichotomy's Age of Worms Redux, Part IV

TiCaudata

First Post
"It could be worse than just losing a well used wand I suppose. Maybe we all need to keep a closer eye on our equipment." Erdolliel says while cleaning off her blade properly. Satisfied with it's condition, she leads the group on to the next merchant of the day.[sblock=oc]I'm good with the day. Erdolliel will plan on starting to establish the embassy tomorrow.[/sblock]

o3caudata

First Post
Once it's clear that the guards need nothing else from them, Kushnak walks wordlessly toward their original destination.

"That was far too much attention to draw to ourselves. Let's get back to our tasks" he says once they are well clear of the guards and the original scene.

[sblock=oc]i'm good as well[/sblock]

worthley

First Post
"I ah...." Bazrim looks at Erdolliel and then at his throbing foot and thinks better of continuing his thought.
[sblock=ooc]I'm good[/sblock]

Dichotomy

Explorer
Day 37

The group travels back to the Crooked House. Nethezar and Kushnak effectively lock themselves away to busy themselves with materials and crafting.

The evening, and then the night itself, pass without incident. Tarquin makes more pleasant talk with those of you hanging about the taproom, and a pretty lass with a decent voice takes the stage for a couple hours that evening.

When morning comes, it looks to be quite dreary. A thick mist begins to turn to rain even as you wake. But a hot breakfast keeps the chill out.
[sblock=OOC]I'm allowing you the full day's worth of crafting. I also awarded XP in the post in the OOC thread. Everyone is level 7 now. Neth made the first wand of CLWs and Kush made the sword. Oh, and make sure you discount your 4 silver per night for rooms (and you can throw in some piddly extra if you want to be known as lushes or the like).

Finally, I don't recall if I'd had this discussion with all of you about the time needed to do all the buying and selling. On this next day (37) we can say that you finish all of that goo. So, if you have any other plans...[/sblock]

o3caudata

First Post
At the table, once everyone has gathered. "Let's try to keep from killing anyone, or anything, today."

Eskard's head droops slightly at the news as he stabs disinterestedly at his now empty plate, obviously dissatisfied with the portion he received.

"We'll be busy most of the day, so the 3 of you need to stay out of trouble." he says looking over the three of them before settling his eyes on Erdolliel.

[sblock=oc]kush's sheet is updated, and i re-arranged some stuff on the party treasure sheet. kushnak and eskard's totals are effective to 'this' morning.[/sblock]

Last edited:

TiCaudata

First Post
"I've pulled your hide out of trouble more than once too you know." Erdolliel replies sullenly.[sblock=oc]Erdolliel is up to date, especially since she didn't buy anything. With the selling of the more stuff, she'll hang with the crowd today and start the embassy tomorrow I suppose.[/sblock]

Dichotomy

Explorer
"Just make certain that Bazrim doesn't speak to any guards. Or perhaps, he should simply refrain from comments altogether..." Nethezar muses. The scholar excuses himself as soon as he is done eating, returning to his room, presumably to craft.[sblock=OOC]Just for clarity, am I correct in assuming that Kushnak (and Nethezar) plan to craft all day and that Erdolliel, Eskard, and Bazrim will shop? Will they be doing so together, or separately? Are there other things to do?

Oh, and I keep forgetting to mentione it, but you still have the boy hanging around, unless you dismiss him.[/sblock]

TiCaudata

First Post
[sblock=oc]That's the way I've been looking at it, offline (well...offEN) discussion with O3 and Worth have indicated that we all plan to have the 3 of us shopping while Neth and Kush craft.

My view towards the boy is that we'll give him the money and let him go on his merry way when we get back to the inn with all of our purchases purchased.[/sblock]

worthley

First Post
Bazrim, frustrated for not having some sort of comeback just glares at the cleric and just leaves with the others without saying another word.
[sblock=ooc]After showing us where to buy stuff, I don't care if the boy goes or not. I will need some time to add the scrolls we get to my spellbook over the next however long it takes[/sblock]

Dichotomy

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]I'd sblock this for just Eskard, Bazrim, and Erdolliel... but... well...[/sblock]
While Kushnak and Nethezar busy themselves, the others take back to the markets.

As you travel during the morning, you see up ahead, standing atop a covered rain barrel, a man screams at a public that seems keen to ignore his ravings. Dressed only in a ratty robe and waving a long, charred staff, the balding human man seems to be shouting himself horse, yet the crowd still passes him by without paying much attention at all.

Remove ads