• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

IC: Dichotomy's Age of Worms Redux, Part IV

TiCaudata

First Post
"Might be worth our time to heckle him some if nothing else," Erdolliel comments, "Keep an eye on your belongings dwarf." The elf then moves closer to hear what the man is raving about.

Dichotomy

Explorer
As Erdolliel spends the time to listen to the man, she hears his rant:

"Listen to me, you children of the Free City, and hear the doom that builds before your blind eyes. You in your house of gold and you in your hovel of mud and even you in your mail of metal, none of you are safe from the doom, from the Age of Worms. Oh yes, it is coming. Have you not heard the dead dragons roar? Have you not smelled the rot festering under your very nose? Have you not dreamt of the worm that walks, bringing decay to all he touches? Fools, you are all fools! Your doom is upon you! The end is in sight and none of you shall be spared. Decay is the future and the future is here!"

worthley

First Post
After overhearing the man's rant, Bazrim looks him over, taking note of any symbols or belongings that tell any story about the man other than the ravings of a mad man that hit a chord.

TiCaudata

First Post
Erdolliel exchanges an interested look with Bazrim and hangs around to see if she can pick up any other details from the rant.[sblock=oc]Spot check on the man and the crowd to see if anyone else might be listening +12 sense motive on the guy too +0[/sblock]

Dichotomy

Explorer
As you watch, Erdolliel realizes that, while none of the passersby seem interested in the raving man, some have noticed the party watching him. As the elf catches one man's eye, a congenial enough seeming worker, probably just about his business, the man walks over to the group.

"Ho, and good day, folks! You're not from 'round here, I can tell. Pay the poor man no heed. Old 'Rain Barrel Man' (that's what we call him) is here pretty much everyday shouting 'bout this 'n that. I think last week it was something about 'the dragons of the rift and the sins they proclaim' or some such crap."

Just after the worker gives his two coppers, "Rain Barrel Man" loudly coughs and begins again. In fact, it quickly becomes apparent that he is simply repeating, verbatim, what he already said.

Neither Bazrim nor Erdolliel notice anything peculiar, symbols or the like, or even others taking any real interest.

worthley

First Post
Bazrim follows, remembering as much as he can about the area, so that he can take those back at the crooked house here if they are interested enough.

o3caudata

First Post
[sblock=oc]Sorry boys, work's been kicking my arse this week.... In the name of progress, stuffer![/sblock]

Eskard follows Erdolliel, visibly disinterested in the ravings of the madman.

Dichotomy

Explorer
Day 38

After the group leaves Rain Barrel Man, you finish your shopping and head back to the Crooked House for the evening repast.

The evening passes pleasantly again. By now, it is quite clear that, despite the faults in structural integrity, the Crooked House is a high-caliber establishment.

You awake in the morning to breakfast as expected. The Free City waits for another day.
[sblock=OOC]Neth gets his armor upgrade, and the party has the next CLW wand. All the shopping is done. Plans for the day?[/sblock]

TiCaudata

First Post
Erdolliel stands up after breakfast. "Well, no time like the present to get the embassy up. Would one of you be able to entertain Eskard for awhile, I doubt he would be very...interested in attending affairs of states or anymore run ins with the city guard." She then heads out to set up an embassy.

Remove ads