[IC] Eberron: The Plumbers

Olrox17

Hero
Liutbrand answers, whispering "I think Rotom had a good idea, Ogham could break the ice for us, start some good, casual conversation. In any case, I'm open to suggestions, Alara. Give me your input".
Meanwhile, Liutbrand positions himself nearby Ogham, so he can listen in.

OOC: Insight and perception activated. Liutbrand stays around Ogham, silently analyzing any unusual reaction to anything he might say. Like Coal's name, for instance.

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
"Thank you." Rotom expresses her gratitude to Liutbrand for the cover charge and the compliment. "Up for some drinks, Korra?" She asks, partly curious about what kind of drinks a Warforged might like, and partly trying to provide a cover conversation should outside ears be listening in.

The half-orc woman slaps Rotom on the back. "Yes, you get drinks. I get table there." Korra says pointing. She moves to the table to lay claim to it.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Upper Central/Highest Towers/Lyrander Tower
Far, 27 Rhaan, YK 998 (Early autumn)/1915
Weather: Temperature normal for the season (cool), no wind, light rain (outside the towers)

Too focused on the others, the peg-legged warforged at the door didn’t notice DePoe slipping past him and into the Cog Carnival. Once everyone had paid the entrance fee, the warforged stepped aside back to his seat by the door.

Smoky, low flames in a fireplace barely illuminated the cracked stone walls and filthy floor of the establishment. The single-room space is crowded with warforged with severed digits or limbs, scars, burns, and other wounds. Other warforged in the area are gathered around traditional dice, card, dart, and board games as well as carnival competitions such as throwing metal rings onto posts, tossing a ball at a tower of weighted iron cups hard enough to make them fall down, and striking a homemade machine hard enough with a hammer to make it ring a bell.

A small bar in the corner served cheap ale. Behind this bar, a warforged bartender shouted jeers at patrons losing games.

The warforged behind the bar was cleaning glasses. She was a scout model, more lithe than bulky, and wore a red dress with an apron over it. She’d even put on a bit of red lipstick. She nodded to Ogham as the warforged approached. She eyed the green glow in his chest and the leaves growing between his plates.

“What can I get you, stranger?” she asked. “Name’s Smelt. Welcome to the Cog Carnival.” She eyed the non-warforged that had come in with him. “Got some interestin’ friends,” she commented.

[spoilers=Loot]
[/spoilers]

[spoilers=Characters]
Liutbrand
Korra
Alara
Rotom
Ogham
DePoe
[/spoilers]

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"Ogham," the warforged druid introduces himself to Smelt as he takes a seat by the bar. Then he ponders about what to order, perhaps there's a menu of sorts? Or maybe he should just let the barperson decide.

"What you recommend."

He looks back at his companions, then back at Smelt. Ogham shrugs dismissively, not one to speak much. Besides, in his experience most warforged do not judge each other for their friends or colleagues, as a form of companionship comes natural after their experiences with allies in the War.

"Why a bar?" he asks finally, pointedly not asking about their experiences in the War because the stories are all similar and often painful. Instead, Ogham is genuinely curious about the decision each has taken afterwards to make a living.

mfloyd3

Explorer
As Ogham chats with Smelt, Alara leans back and scans the bar for other non-warforged among the clientele.

[OOC: Looking for any other patrons who are not warforged.] [url=http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=237800]Roll to find non-warforged around the bar: 1D20+2 = [14]+2 = 16 [/url]

mips42

Adventurer
DePoe quietly circulates, trying not to cause any problems and also keeping an eye out for any other exits besides the front door.

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
Rotom makes her way over to the bar. "Two..."she pauses for a moment taking Korra's build into consideration "Make that, three, ales please."

While Smelt gets the drinks, Rotom whispers to Ogham "Don't forget to ask about Coal." Then suddenly exclaims in a normal volume "Oh my, Ogham! You should have told me about that before we got in the bar, here let me quickly make that adjustment for you!" Pulling out her tools, she performs a few quick taps on various parts of Ogham get the magic flowing: "Ekess soves wux." To guide you.

After receiving the drinks, and making a note about them in her expense ledger, she returns to the table with Korra. Handing over two of the ales while keeping one for herself.

OOC: Casting Guidance on Ogham, +1d4 to any one ability check of his choice for the next minute

Last edited:

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Ogham nods to Rotom, although he feels a bit overwhelmed. First his objective was to make friends, and now to ask about Coal? His network of city animals rarely ask for more than one thing at a time, but the warforged trusts Rotom completely, so when Smelt gets back and is available to talk again, Ogham says bluntly, "You know Coal?"

He then studies the bartender carefully for her reaction.

OOC: Using Insight with that +1d4 from Guidance to see if Smelt is holding anything back.
insight: 1D20+3+1D4 = [17]+3+[2] = 22

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases