[IC] Eberron: The Plumbers

Olrox17

Hero
Liutbrand finally acknowledges Caden's presence "Hey little fellow. Don't worry, you'll be home real soon" then picks him up as gently as he can. He then addresses the rest of the party "I know we're in a hurry, but we should also help the warforged get out of here".

Last edited:

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
"Right, Boss, I'll go get them." Rotom says before climbing down into the pit.
The sight of the warforged in chains next to one of their own dead troubles the artificer for a number of reasons.
"Lady Alara..." the Kobold calls out "These ones are in chains too, could you watch over the pit on standby in case they are trapped like the kid was?"

While waiting for a reply, Rotom inspects the chains, expecting more tricks. "Those goblins didn't do anything to those chains, did they?" She asks the captives.

mfloyd3

Explorer
Seeing that Liutbrand has already taken care of the child and Korra has taken possession of DePoe, Alara moves to the pit head to keep an eye on the kobold while she tries to free the others.

OOC: Are there any picks or other digging tools around that the warforged might use to break their own chains if they were brought to them? Or were any of the goblins carrying keys? Rotom did search earlier.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Upper Central Plateau/Mithral Tower/Unicorn Estate
Far, 27 Rhaan, YK 998 (Early autumn)/2330
Weather: Temperature normal for the season (cool), no wind, light rain (outside the towers)
Round 0

The chains holding the warforged weren’t too difficult to break, with all the digging equipment around. Their will was so broken, the goblins hadn’t even really bothered securing the chains well. Once freed, the warforged gave Rotom and the Plumbers their profuse thanks, and then scattered into the Cogs, lest they be captured again.

The ride back up the elevator was uneventful, and the Plumbers made their way back to the Unicorn Estate of Alden d’Orien. Alden was overjoyed to be reunited with his son, and invited the Plumbers into his home.

While DePoe was laid out in a lavish chaise lounge, the others sat down to excellent Riedran tea and other delicacies as Alden laid out what he knew.

“As I told you, a large half-ogre woman named Garra kidnapped my son. She works for Daask, a criminal organization of monsters from Droaam. She had been ordered to search the ruins of Old Sharn for arcane relics, and she forced me to use my position in my House to hire out of work warforged so they could cover more ground quicker. She wanted people no one would miss. I marked it down in the books as a ‘secret research-gathering mission’, paid the warforged for their silence, and had them sign binding contracts. Beyond that, Garra handled the rest.

“After several weeks -- and deaths -- they finally found an old library of arcane texts and schemas. They moved them to a Daask safe house in Tavick’s Landing near the Terminal Lightning Rail Station. I have an address.”

Alden nodded to Vishai, who pushed a small folded paper toward Liutbrand.

“They want me to help them smuggle their finds out of Breland and to Droaam,” Alden said.

“As a reward,” Alden gestured to Vishai again, who placed a pouch on the table with a jingling sound of coins, “I would offer you fifty gold pieces to leave my name and House Orien out of any report you give to the Sharn Watch,” he said. “I do not wish to tarnish my reputation with the news of my manipulation in these events.”

“Please take these, as well.”
Vishai laid out a handful of unicorn-shaped feather tokens, one for each member of the Plumbers.

Ultimate: Figure out what’s going on in Lower Sharn. (25 gp each)

Alara (+1) 20 AC 11 HP 9/9 PP 12
Liutbrand (+3) 19 AC 14 HP 9/13 PP 15 Darkvision
Korra (+1) 19 AC 18 HP 6/14 PP 13 Darkvision
DePoe (+3) 18 AC 14 HP 10/10 PP 11 Poisoned (24 hr/2300)
Ogham (+1) 10 AC 15 HP 11/11 PP 15
Rotom (+2) 7 AC 16 HP 10/10 PP 9 Darkvision

207 gp
16 gp, 15 sp, banded agate (10 gp) (Rotom)
1 unicorn-shaped feather token for each character: When you fall at least 20 feet while the token is on your person, you descend 60 feet per round and take no damage from falling. The token’s magic is expended after you land, whereupon the disk becomes nonmagical.

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
Rotom takes one of the tokens in hand, examining the design for a moment before turning to Liutbrand, as if to ask what the next step was.

Olrox17

Hero
"Hmm" Liutbrand appears lost in thought for few uncomfortable moments "We are very grateful for the information, your tea is positively excellent, and these tokens will sure come in handy..." he takes another sip of tea "...however, I'm not sure we'll be able to keep your name entirely out of this, the Watch is already aware of your involvement..."

mfloyd3

Explorer
Alara's eyes narrow as she takes another sip of tea, a little surprised that a Dragonmarked scion could be so naive. "I think the Watch may be a little more...forgetful, than you give them credit for," she observed. "I am sure they will be inclined to respect Lord Alden's privacy."

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Ogham barely listens to the conversation. Instead he tries to tend to DePoe, although he feels increasingly helpless.

He softly hums a tune he hopes relaxes the human, starting out with a popular army song from the Last War but increasingly sounding like birds, rustling leaves and soft mouse squeaks.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Upper Central Plateau/Mithral Tower/Unicorn Estate
Far, 27 Rhaan, YK 998 (Early autumn)/2330
Weather: Temperature normal for the season (cool), no wind, light rain (outside the towers)
Round 0

Make a DC 15 Persuasion or Intimidation, with advantage if Rotom is helping you.

Alden looked concerned at Liutbrand’s words, though encouraged by Rotom’s. “Yes, of course. The Watch can often be...flexible,” he said. “And your companion there looks in bad shape. I can offer you rooms for the night,” Alden said, “and breakfast in the morning before you go make your report.”

Ultimate: Figure out what’s going on in Lower Sharn. (25 gp each)

Alara (+1) 20 AC 11 HP 9/9 PP 12
Liutbrand (+3) 19 AC 14 HP 9/13 PP 15 Darkvision
Korra (+1) 19 AC 18 HP 6/14 PP 13 Darkvision
DePoe (+3) 18 AC 14 HP 10/10 PP 11 Poisoned (24 hr/2300)
Ogham (+1) 10 AC 15 HP 11/11 PP 15
Rotom (+2) 7 AC 16 HP 10/10 PP 9 Darkvision

207 gp
16 gp, 15 sp, banded agate (10 gp) (Rotom)
1 unicorn-shaped feather token for each character: When you fall at least 20 feet while the token is on your person, you descend 60 feet per round and take no damage from falling. The token’s magic is expended after you land, whereupon the disk becomes nonmagical.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases