D&D 5E [IC] Egon's Lost Mine of Phandelver

Egon

First Post
Keira is able to scramble up to the bridge, but it isn't easy. The rock wall is slick with either water or slime; you can't really tell which in the dark. And the bridge isn't as stable as you'd believe it was with the Goblin sitting on it. Your weight causes it to buckle slightly, and it begins to sway to and fro even though there is no wind in the cave.

You can pass the dart and javelin with ease, but the Goblin is a different story. You are 20 feet up, at least, which means you'll need to throw the Goblin over the side and hope that his landing isn't heard by anything else that may be in the cave. And as you look down over the side of the bridge, you can barely make out Endurance, standing directly below you.

Keira can look both east and west, as well as farther north along the stream, but it's hard to see anything beyond mere shadow; she needs a light source.

OOC: You really will have to launch the Goblin off the side. Endurance can attempt a catch; STR ability check, DC 15. Anything over 15 and Endurance catches the Goblin easily. 12-15 and Endurance slows the fall enough to prevent a major noise, but the body will hit the ground. Anything under 12 and Endurance can't stop the body from hitting the ground and/or water full force.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Huddling alone on the dark bridge with a dead goblin, feeling the rickety structure sway beneath her and unable to see what or who might be watching from the shadows, Keira contemplates not for the first time (and hopefully not for the last) the choices that have led her life to the junction.

Pushing down the shivers that try to run up her spine, she quietly refits her dart into it's home, passes down Gnash's javelin, and then takes two deep breaths before hoisting the goblin over the railing.

*Here goes nothing*

OOC: Regardless of the success or failure of Endurance's catch, Keira will be following the goblin closely behind, attempting to retrace her steps down over the edge, and whatever holds the slick wall can provide.

acrobatics - [roll0]
athletics - [roll1]

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Endurance attempts to catch the falling goblin in the dim light.

OOC: Strength check [roll0], +2 if Athletics apply.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
The goblin corpse lands in Endurance's arms, and he cradles it momentarily as if it were a newborn. He then gently sets it down, and helps Keira descend.

Egon

First Post
The goblin's corpse is dropped down to Endurance, who catches it easily. Keira then makes her way back down to Endurance herself, the wall still slimy or watery, but not hindering her in any way.

OOC: 1E Monk action! Drop within several feet of a wall and take no damage! Ok, so it's not really that; but it sounds cool to me!

Anyhow, now what are you going to do with the corpse? And where to go from here?

Forged Fury

First Post
"I know a way pretty quick way to get rid of that corpse..." Ana whispered, her head looking back in the direction of the wolf cave. She then turned and looked toward the short wall off to the west. She wasn't the best climber in the world, but if someone else could get up there and lower a rope, she was sure she could manage, if the team opted for that route. Pointing, she said, "I always like to get the drop on people."

hafrogman

Adventurer
Keira brushes herself off and wipes her hands on her pants, trying to remove whatever slime or gunk was left from the walls. She looks back at Ana's suggestion.

"Are we sure we want to be giving them a taste for human ... er humanoid flesh? Why don't we just dump him outside with the others?"

Then she looks deeper into the caves.

"It's black as pitch up there. I'll need something to see by, but it's pretty much gonna broadcast our location. We may just have to push ahead. Shall I light a torch?"

Forged Fury

First Post
Ana shrugged, seemingly not concerned about the wolves partaking of humanoid flesh. "In a cave living with goblins? I'd be surprised if they hadn't already eaten a humanoid yet. But fair point, they'll either whine loudly about not getting a meal if we walk it out the front of the cave or make noise devouring it if we give it to them. Let's just shove it in this side passage. Doesn't look like it is used very often." The elf gestured toward the side passage Gnash was standing in.

Considering the scouting options, she volunteered, "I can take the lead scouting if light's a concern, I can see fine. Maybe that way we get a head's up about whether we're going to give ourselves away with the light."

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Endurance does not want to make a decision about feeding the wolves, and so he places the body down on the ground, hoping it is out of the way, until directed otherwise.

Schmoe

Adventurer
”I don’t know, Ana,” says Gnash, seeing her eye the crumbling rock wall. ”That way looks like it might be a difficult climb, and I think climbing it is almost sure to knock rocks loose, which might cause quite a commotion and alert the goblins. On the other hand, there’s a good chance that continuing up the river will lead to more goblin traps or sentries, as that’s the way they would expect intruders to come. If we can get up the rock wall quietly, I think we could surprise them. The only problem is, I’m not sure we can do that.” The gnome looks up thoughtfully at the great minotaur before him, stroking his immaculate beard as if lost in thought.

Remove ads