D&D 5E [IC] Egon's Lost Mine of Phandelver

Schmoe

Adventurer
OOC: [roll0]

Gnash throws himself to the side of the tunnel, hanging on to a rock outcropping as the waters try to tear him loose. After the waters subside, he surveys the aftermath. Seeing Endurance floundering in the darkness, he rushes forward to stand next to the minotaur's bulk.

"It's me, Gnash. The others were swept away. Just a moment, and I'll see if we can get some light in here."

Gnash begins digging in his explorer's pack for his tinderbox and a torch, which he plans to hand to Endurance.

Last edited:

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
When the wave subsides, Endurance thanks Gnash, but remembers he can cast a light cantrip, and so does so, on the front of his shield.

Last edited:

Egon

First Post
The torch doused, you can hear the sound of the water rushing past you as it races towards the entrance to the cave complex. Endurance and Gnash somehow find each other and start to work on lighting another torch, while Ana gets dragged along the stream towards the entrance. Keira is lucky, being able to pull herself out of the stream and into relative safety, and Rebecca manages to stand against the tide.

It is quiet in the cave again, save for the dripping of water.

OOC: @forged fury, that was a save, not a check. And that's my bad for not being entirely clear on it.

Endurance and Gnash, you will find it most difficult to get a torch lit.

Anyone with darkvision still in the tunnel please roll perception against DC 15. Success means you are able to detect someone standing on the bridge above you.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
OOC: No darkvision, but possibly a light (cantrip). Endurance has no ranged attacks, however, and so would either help or dodge as appropriate.

Schmoe

Adventurer
Gnash nods in approval as Endurance casts Light on his shield. "Good, that will help the others find us, too. Let's see if the goblins have found us as well."

The diminutive warrior looks about in the tunnel, straining his eyes and ears to see if he can sense anything in the tunnel.

OOC: [roll0]

[sblock=Mini Statblock]Gnash Fangelorn – HP = 11 - Passive Perception = 10 – Init. Modifier = +0[/sblock]

Last edited:

hafrogman

Adventurer
Keira takes a beat to recover her poise, and then quietly pads back to the branch, trying to assess the fate of her companions.

OOC: stealth - [roll0]
perception - [roll1] no darkvision, but in case Endurance casts light.

Forged Fury

First Post
Sopping wet, Anastriana clambered to her feet outside the entrance to the cave. Standing, she grabberd her bow, put an arrow to it, and with death in her eyes, went hunting for goblins.

OOC: If Ana can move into the cave, she will. I am assuming I am far enough away that I won't be able to roll Perception at this point.

Skarsgard

Explorer
Rebecca cannot believe she held out against the torrent of water. Bracing herself against a rock he keen half-elven eyes try to peirce the gloom

[sblock=perception]

Darkvision: [roll0]

[/sblock]

Egon

First Post
Ana finally stops tumbling down the stream and regains her footing, more determined than ever to end this goblin "threat". Endurance casts Light on his shield, turning the black of the cave into a well-lit room. And it's a good thing that he did so; you can all now clearly see one Goblin above you near the bridge to the west, while there is a second Goblin scampering back up the natural stone steps where Ana once stood.

And just as your eyes get accustomed to the light, you begin to hear that same sound of rock striking rock, coupled with the laughter of at least the 2 Goblins you can see.

OOC: Here it comes again. This time, because you are all aware of what is about to happen, I'm giving you one round to brace and/or move yourselves. Once you've done that, I'll adjudicate.
[sblock=Map]
cragmaw_player_map_by_ghostbusteregon-d9a0r3k.jpg
[/sblock]

Remove ads