D&D 5E [IC] Egon's Lost Mine of Phandelver

Egon

First Post
Keira and Ana hold their ground out of the flood waters, while Endurance and Rebecca brace themselves for the second flood. Endurance and Rebecca are both holding themselves in the water, even if they are now more wet than they were before.

Further in the cave, Gnash takes out the prone Goblin, ending its life with relative ease. One of the two remaining Goblins moves forward and attempts to stick Gnash with his scimitar, while the other remaining Goblin quickly moves to the south and out of your vision.

OOC: As a note, I generally roll the dice and say that the attack hit X AC. It is then up to you guys to determine if it hit you or not and respond accordingly. Not sure if I stated that already or not, but I'm stating it again just so we are all on the same page. :)

Goblin Attack on Gnash: [roll0]
Goblin Damage: [roll1]

Ana has 3 rounds remaining at the cave entrance.
Keira, Endurance, and Rebecca have one more round of waiting for the flood waters to pass.
[sblock=Map]
cragmaw_player_map_by_ghostbusteregon-d9a0r3k.jpg
[sblock]

Schmoe

Adventurer
Gnash grimaces as the foul goblin's blood splatters on the wall. One down. As the other goblin rushes at him, Gnash raises his shield just in time, catching the scimitar mid-swing. Taking a defensive posture, he turns to face the remaining creature.

OOC: Gnash has an AC of 18, so the goblin's swing missed. He is taking the Dodge action. Attacks against him have Disadvantage, and he has Advantage on Dexterity saves.

[sblock=Mini Statblock]Gnash Fangelorn – HP = 11 - Passive Perception = 10 – Init. Modifier = +0[/sblock]

Egon

First Post
The Goblin curses under his breath that he missed. But he is going to try and rectify his own short-comings by swinging at Gnash again!

OOC: Missed that you were defensive at this point, which is why the delay. I see that the attack has disadvantage, so I'll roll all that right here!

Normal Attack Roll: [roll0]
Disadvantage Attack Roll: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

Ana has 2 rounds remaining at the cave entrance.
Keira, Endurance, and Rebecca may all now act as the flood waters have passed by. You are currently unable to hear any of the fighting going on; you will be able to hear that after Gnash's next action.

Schmoe

Adventurer
Sticking his tongue out at the goblin, Gnash moves himself to cutoff the goblin's escape to the southwest. As he hears the waters subside he calls out, "A little help here folks!" and continues focusing on dodging the goblin in front of him.

OOC: Gnash is taking the Dodge action again.

[sblock=Mini Statblock]Gnash Fangelorn – HP = 11 - Passive Perception = 10 – Init. Modifier = +0[/sblock]

hafrogman

Adventurer
Keira hops over the receding waters and into the welcoming light cast from Endurance's shield. She pushes forward, darting around the narrow steps and trying to get into a position to see what is going on. As she moves, she pulls forth her blades to have them at the ready.

OOC: Objection Interaction: Draw swords (dual wielder)
Action: Dash 60'
Move: with difficult terrain passing allies, I think I can make it to about two squares north two squares west of Gnash.
HP: 9/9 AC: 16

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
As soon as the water subsides, Endurance makes his way forward as quickly as he can...

OOC: A. Okay, this is just the move part of the action, but there are enough variables that I feel I need to break it up. The water subsides, and with one hand on the right wall he's going to make his way forward. Is it normal terrain (wet, uphill?). If not, the go to B. If so, then he moves 30', and then will take his action [see C below].

B. If it is difficult terrain, then he's going to have to do a double move. That will be using the dash action. He'll still move 30', and perhaps be at the top and against an opponent. Goring rush means he gets to use a bonus action to attack. Assuming there's a target, it's [roll0] to hit, and if successful damage = [roll1]. I think he has light with him and can otherwise see, but if he can't then the attack would be at disadvantage. If that's so it's the worse of the above roll and [roll2].

C. If it's not difficult terrain, then he gets a regular attack. Warhammer [roll3]. If successful damage = [roll4]. He can then use his bonus action to shove the creature aside, but unless he sees more creatures up there, there's no obvious advantage to do so. But let me know.

Remove ads