D&D 5E [IC] Egon's Lost Mine of Phandelver

hafrogman

Adventurer
Keira focuses on the noise of a second flood coming and ducks back into the side channel to avoid the water and to make room for anyone else coming this way.

Forged Fury

First Post
Hearing the sound that preceded the last deluge, Ana waited outside the cave mouth to see if any of her other companions washed out before heading back in to kill some goblins.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Hearing the grinding of stone, Endurance holds himself against the loose-dirt wall, positioning his shield in front of him with the top edge pressed into the wall at an angle. He hopes this will deflect the force of the water and keep him in place.

Skarsgard

Explorer
Rebecca tries to move to a safer spot but seeing the creatures reqsponsible for their plight her arcane energies gently engulfing the goblins.

[sblock=ooc]
Move action to try and get some better purchase.
Action, sleep spell centred on the rear goblin she can see.
HP affected [roll0]

[/sblock]

Schmoe

Adventurer
Gnash's eyes widen, and he rushes forward to the goblin up ahead, positioning himself behind the rock wall and out of the path of the water flow.

Oh no you don't, not again

Gnash raises his shield and charges at the goblin, trying to bull-rush the creature back further into the tunnel.

OOC: Trying to shove the goblin back, opposed by the goblin's Strength (Athletics) or Dexterity (Acrobatics).
[roll0]

[sblock=Mini Statblock]Gnash Fangelorn – HP = 11 - Passive Perception = 10 – Init. Modifier = +0[/sblock]

Egon

First Post
Keira and Ana stay in their respective spots, waiting for the oncoming flood to pass them by. Rebecca moves back towards the entrance, then throws a Sleep spell up at the Goblin on the bridge; the Goblin drops like a stone. Endurance then braces himself against the wall.

Meanwhile, Gnash decides to charge headlong towards the Goblin running away, and he is able to catch the beast easily. He plants a shoulder into the small of the Goblin's back, sending it flying into the remains of a makeshift rock wall near what is now an empty pool. The Goblin hits the deck hard, but all is not good; Gnash has put himself in danger, being alone now with the other 2 Goblins in this cave.

OOC: Lot of stuff about to happen here. I'll try to detail this the best I can; please ask if there are questions.

First, I need STR Saving Throws from Endurance and Rebecca. Same scenario as last time; DC 15, with failure indicating you are washed all the way back towards Ana, taking [roll0] bludgeoning damage.

Keira will be waiting in her spot for 2 rounds as the water rushes past her. Ana will be waiting for 4 rounds for the water to reach her. Any attempt to move into the flood will require the same STR saving throw, with the same results.

Gnash, you are formally involved in combat. You guys won the initial initiative check, so you have the honors. You do have the option of turning back; the flood will occur on the Goblin's initiative this round. If you do go back into the tunnel, same STR saving throw check.

If you stay, you are by yourself for the next 2 rounds. Nobody in the tunnel will hear anything happening to/with you due to the rushing water, and after 2 rounds of flood waters happening, they will need to move to your position to help. This is why I wanted clarification on your action.

Anyhow, post up everyone!
[sblock=Map]
cragmaw_player_map_by_ghostbusteregon-d9a0r3k.jpg
[/sblock]

Forged Fury

First Post
Ana heard the flood waters and waited to see if anyone washed out of the cave mouth.

OOC: Just assume that Ana is hanging here for four rounds.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Keira briefly considers the slope behind her, but without any light, or way to see in the dark, she wasn't going that way. With nothing to do but wait, she centers herself and steadies her breathing, keeping her eyes and ears open, either for the flood to abate, or for enemies approaching from behind her.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Endurance, braced, prepares for the onslaught of water that he knows is coming.

OOC: Strength [roll0] (with advantage since we're prepared this time? If so: the better of that and [roll1]).

Schmoe

Adventurer
Gnash takes a quick assessment of the situation. Gah, too late to stop the flood. Well, this will be the last one. Raising his axe, he smashes it into the prone goblin at his feet. I just need to hold out until the rest can get here. Time to earn your keep, Gnash.

OOC:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

I was hoping that Gnash might be quick enough to stop the goblins from releasing the next flood, but oh well. He’d rather take his chances with the goblins than with the waters, at any rate. The plan is to take out the prone goblin quickly and then turtle up with full defense.

[sblock=Mini Statblock]Gnash Fangelorn – HP = 11 - Passive Perception = 10 – Init. Modifier = +0[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads