D&D 5E (IC) Fitz's Folly

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"I have some suspicions, but be it powerful Necromancer, Demon, or Death Cult, it cannot be allowed to continue." Valindra answered, growing impatient, "Now, I have answered your questions, but you have not answered mine; what information do you have that will help me to find the Soulmonger? Please do share."

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Miss Imogen gives a polite but ultimately uninformative response to the woman before him.

She sips the ice wine, and is pleased with its coolness.

"We came from the north, and when we crossed your soldiers' paths, we followed them, though it seemed play where the tracks were heading," she says with a small laugh. Not fully honest, but accurate enough for the teachers at her school.

When asked about leads, she describes the sickness they dealt with at the fort. "Indeed, our paths have crossed many adventurers as we travel this jungle," she concludes. She then describes Artus Cimber vaguely, not using his name but checking for a response.

OOC: Insight 1d20+4=11.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"I have heard of this man, who travels with an unusual lizardfolk. He was the son of a highwayman, and yet came to marry a Bara of Mezro." she said, as if these things meant very much.

They did to Qawasha, who gasped. He had not known who Artus Cimber was, beyond a ranger who held a magic ring. This was news to him, but he knew what a Bara was.

"I should very much like to meet this man." continued Valindra, "Where did you say you saw him?"

The Barae were seven champions chosen by Ubtao to protect the holy capital city of Chult, Mezro. It was said that they would crumble to dust if the city were lost. Since the city was destroyed a hundred years ago, it makes no sense to Qawasha that Artus should have married one. Though that ring was very powerful, so perhaps it extended his life. Still, she would be dead. Poor fellow.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Heart of Ubtao
Morning
Round 0

“Valindra Shadowmantle, yeh dunnae say,” Dellrak said, eying the elven woman suspiciously. “An’ why no’ just find this Soulmonger an’ kill it? Save everyone in the end.” He knew the name. The death of the famed Bruenor Battlehammer of Mithril Hall was sung by the bards, even though Bruenor had somehow come back. He watched her movements, too careful and precise to be living.

The dwarf settled down. How to warn the others without giving the game away. He pulled his greataxe off his back and settled it between his knees, leaning on it. Quietly he touched the magical focus he wore and whispered the words of a spell.

OOC: Casting Protection from Evil. Valindra will have to attack him at disadvantage, and can’t be charmed, frightened, or possessed by her.

OOC: 30 points of goodberries available.

Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Bonus Action: Planar Warrior
Reaction: Opportunity Attack
Conditions:
Concentration: Protection from Evil
Inspiration:

Dellrak Character Sheet
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 15
HP: 35/40 HD: 4/4d10+2

Bolts: 18
Bolts used: 1
Arrows: 19
Arrows used:

Detect Portal (1/R): Within 1 mile
Planar Warrior: As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The next time you hit that creature on this turn with a weapon attack, all damage dealt by the attack becomes force damage, and the creature takes an extra 1d8 force damage from the attack. When you reach 11th level in this class, the extra damage increases to 2d8.
Primeval Awareness (action and spell slot): For one minute per level of spell slot, detect within 1 mile (6 in favored terrain) aberrations, celestials, dragons, elementals, fey, fiends, and undead. This feature doesn’t reveal the creatures’ location or number.

Spells
1) 3/3 Protection from Evil/Good (Horizon Walker), Jump, Goodberry, Longstrider

Rodrigo Di Castalone - male human fighter
Miss Imogen - female samurai, party member, Zhentarim
Chrysagon - male aasimar paladin, Order of the Gauntlet, Kelemvor
Harb - male human monk
Myrral - Tabaxi bard?
Qawasha (NPC) - Chultan druid
Kupalue (Weed, NPC) - vegepygmy

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"I have heard of this man, who travels with an unusual lizardfolk. He was the son of a highwayman, and yet came to marry a Bara of Mezro." she said, as if these things meant very much.

"I should very much like to meet this man." continued Valindra, "Where did you say you saw him?"
Miss Imogen answers her, as she places her wine glass down, and folds her hands on her lap.

"It was upriver, hundreds of miles from here, to the Southwest," she says [or whatever is mostly accurate; she is not concerned with accuracy but is being honest]. She shifts the topic.

"If your soldiers have gone South, what would you suggest for us? Our curiosity about the Heart has been satisfied, and we should be on our way. We thank you for your hospitality." She stands to leave.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Qawasha stood up - this was not ok. He held up a hand towards Miss Imogen, hoping she would pause.

"No, we are not done here.

First, The man traveling with the lizardman is not your concern, and had nothing to do with the soulmonger. Let us stay focused on the matter at hand.

Second, we came here so I could commune with Ubtao. Your presence here... complicate things. I need the time, space and quiet to perform the ritual. I know my ways may seem primitive to you, but I have a connection to the land that you clearly do not. Give me room"

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: @Kobold Stew Actually, it was North. Pretty much directly North of here.

"If you would like to aid in my search," Valindra said to Miss Imogen, "Then I suggest you check to the East. If you find anything, you can report back to me with this."

She handed Miss Imogen a scrollcase, containing three scrolls of sending. Then Qawasha spoke up.

"I will not disturb you, man of Ubtao, if you wish to ascend the stairs and pray at the god-tree at the top of the mote. And I will leave this place as undisturbed as possible when my mission is finished." Valindra stated, and then added coldly, "But do not presume to give me orders, or to tell me what is, or is not, my concern."

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Heart of Ubtao
Morning
Round 0

“Well, guess we best be gettin’ ready t’ gae on our way after Qawasha finishes up ‘is prayin’,” Dellrak said, wanting away from Valindra Shadowmantle as soon as possible. He had no thought of telling her anything. But he would suggest they do head east, before diverting on their own direction for this Soulmonger.

OOC: 30 points of goodberries available.

Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Bonus Action: Planar Warrior
Reaction: Opportunity Attack
Conditions:
Concentration: Protection from Evil
Inspiration:

Dellrak Character Sheet
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 15
HP: 35/40 HD: 4/4d10+2

Bolts: 18
Bolts used: 1
Arrows: 19
Arrows used:

Detect Portal (1/R): Within 1 mile
Planar Warrior: As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The next time you hit that creature on this turn with a weapon attack, all damage dealt by the attack becomes force damage, and the creature takes an extra 1d8 force damage from the attack. When you reach 11th level in this class, the extra damage increases to 2d8.
Primeval Awareness (action and spell slot): For one minute per level of spell slot, detect within 1 mile (6 in favored terrain) aberrations, celestials, dragons, elementals, fey, fiends, and undead. This feature doesn’t reveal the creatures’ location or number.

Spells
1) 3/3 Protection from Evil/Good (Horizon Walker), Jump, Goodberry, Longstrider

Rodrigo Di Castalone - male human fighter
Miss Imogen - female samurai, party member, Zhentarim
Chrysagon - male aasimar paladin, Order of the Gauntlet, Kelemvor
Harb - male human monk
Myrral - Tabaxi bard?
Qawasha (NPC) - Chultan druid
Kupalue (Weed, NPC) - vegepygmy

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Valindra caught Dellrak's eye and he knew that she knew that he had warded himself. She seemed amused by it and let it be their little secret, which caused Dellrak to inwardly shudder. In the chaos of people talking, she had not answered his earlier question, and she did so now, saying, "Kill it? No, that would never do. There is no guarantee that killing the Soulmonger will end it's blight on the land, you see. It must be studied, controlled, and brought to heel. Only then will the people of Chult, and of Toril itself, be safe from its curse. No, if you find the Soulmonger, you must call me. Do not attempt to destroy it, or you may doom us all."

Remove ads