D&D 5E (IC) Fitz's Folly

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Heart of Ubtao
Morning
Round 0

Dellrak let those with their magical abilities deal with the scrolls. “I say jus’ dump ‘em in the swamp an’ be done,” he muttered. “Tha’ woman ain’t t’ be trusted. Valindra Shadowmantle used t’ be one o’ the leaders o’ the ‘osttower o’ the Arcane, leadin’ th’Arcane Brotherhood in Luskan. Made ‘er one o’ the most powerful wizards in Faerun. She was responsible f’r summonin’ the pit fiend wot killed King Bruenor Battle’ammer o’ Mithril Hall. An’ all tha’ was b’fore she threw in with ol’ Szass Tam oot o’ Thay an’ got ‘erself lichified. She’s in charge o’ Tam’s western operations. Now tha’ makes sense o’ why she’s ‘ere an’ wantin’ that Soulmonger.”

Athletics: 1D20+6 = [11]+6 = 17
Survival: 1D20+4 = [15]+4 = 19

Dellrak focused his attention on the trek. With his axe and strength, he helped move fallen trees out of the way, or help the others over obstacles. He also kept one eye on their direction, and finding the easiest paths through the thick jungle.

OOC: 30 points of goodberries available.

((Remember Kasqa))

Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Bonus Action: Planar Warrior
Reaction: Opportunity Attack
Conditions:
Concentration: Protection from Evil
Inspiration:

Dellrak Character Sheet
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 15
HP: 35/40 HD: 4/4d10+2

Bolts: 18
Bolts used: 1
Arrows: 19
Arrows used:

Detect Portal (1/R): Within 1 mile
Planar Warrior: As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The next time you hit that creature on this turn with a weapon attack, all damage dealt by the attack becomes force damage, and the creature takes an extra 1d8 force damage from the attack. When you reach 11th level in this class, the extra damage increases to 2d8.
Primeval Awareness (action and spell slot): For one minute per level of spell slot, detect within 1 mile (6 in favored terrain) aberrations, celestials, dragons, elementals, fey, fiends, and undead. This feature doesn’t reveal the creatures’ location or number.

Spells
1) 3/3 Protection from Evil/Good (Horizon Walker), Jump, Goodberry, Longstrider

Rodrigo Di Castalone - male human fighter
Miss Imogen - female samurai, party member, Zhentarim
Chrysagon - male aasimar paladin, Order of the Gauntlet, Kelemvor
Harb - male human monk
Myrral - Tabaxi bard?
Qawasha (NPC) - Chultan druid
Kupalue (Weed, NPC) - vegepygmy
Hu’plo (NPC) Chultan
Kasqa (NPC) - Chultan warrior

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Qawasha's face contorted with anger.

"A LICH is in the heart of Ubtao!?!"

He pinched the brow of his noise and exhaled violently "we, obviously, cannot work, trust or help that abomination.... and while every fiber of my being demands that we drive her out of the heart... I don't think we are meant to. Surely Ubtao would have let his anger known, instead of showing me this vision..."

He looked at the map he had drawn on the ground "Myrral, your plan makes sense in a way, but the area east of here is particularly corrupted. That, and the trek over the mountains would erase all time gained by river travel. Instead, I propose that we go south west, a little bit more west than south. If we do it right, we should be able to avoid most of the corrupted areas and reach the ship.

With the help of Ubtao, and your collective courage and wit, we can reach the ship and make it fly again!"

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Harb was about as disturbed by this news as much as anyone else was. For slightly different reasons. In either case, he helped to dig a hole for the scroll case somehow he was afraid that getting rid of it wouldn't stop a powerful mage from spying on them, hell, she was probably watching them now, just to see what they were going to do after meeting her. But it didn't matter, no need to make it any easier to be followed than necessary.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"No, I wouldn't get rid of them. I disabled her magic. And besides should knows us now. If she decides to find us she will. I'm new in your group, I know, but still. If we agree she can track us regardless of us having those scrolls, at least we have a new resource at our disposal."

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: Did you want to grab the canoes for a few days across the south-end of the Aldani Basin? It'll save you a day or two, I expect. You'll have to go west and then south, as opposed to straight south-west.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Miss Imogen commiserates with Qawasha. "I had no idea, Quawasha," she says. "I am normally better at perceiving such things, but I had no idea. Say the word, and we can go attempt to deal with her. Well, I speak for myself alone. If that is the course you want, we can do it."

She is somewhat surprised at her offer, and surprised at herself that he actually means it.

Qawasha does not respond immediately, and she lets it go.

They climb into the canoes, and Miss Imogen finds herself again at the stern, with a wooden paddle in her hand. She does her best, but drops her paddle in the first eddy, and watches it get pulled away. She is relieved and finds herself walking along the bankside, Weed at her side but regularly disappearing in among the foliage.

OOC: Athletics: 1d20-1=2.
Survival: 1d20+2=13

WEED: survival: 1d20+3=15
Stealth: 1d20+4=23

Neurotic

Tabaxi split their strength and knowledge of the jungle to be of the most use to the group. While Myrral all but disappeared along with the monk (CRIT), the need to keep pace with the canoes among the branches meant he spent less time watching.

On the other hand, two tribesmen focused so much on keeping the group on the path they rowed slowly and when the walking part came they all but forgot to open the way for human(oids) and simply clambered over obstacles or just went into the trees until such time their shaman brother reminded them to return to the ground.

OOC: Question about the scrolls @FitzTheRuke : you rolled one arcana and potential trap damage, I rolled another check with sleight of hand. Does that mean that both the case and scrolls are "safe" or your Arcana was simply for detection of the runes?

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: You made the case untraceable without getting hurt, but you haven't touched the scrolls yet (you know that they would only be a problem if you tried to use them to contact someone OTHER than Valindra - Valindra would "overhear" whatever is said. You can disarm that too, but it's another check.

Neurotic

OOC: So, essentially, scouts bypassed whatever ambush was set unnoticed and let the rest take the attack :p

The scrolls with the wizard mark can be used for scrying. Right? I'd like to disable that, but leave one scroll for her to overhear whatever we want her to overhear :)

Remove ads