D&D 5E (IC) Fitz's Folly

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: I'm back. I'm also finding it funny that only reason I attacked the gargoyle (that didn't attack us) is because I understood it is the sniper :D And now I may have provoked extra fight that we really don't need.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
After Dellrak's spirit-bear licked Qawasha's wound, Weed popped out from behind a ruined wall and helped his friend find cover. Harb hugged a wall and dealt with his own arrow-wound before catching up with Imogen and Chrysagon as they worked their way toward the tower.

The shadowy figure moved away from his firing position and then reappeared on the roof - a tabaxi wearing a feathered head-dress. Myrral, who was running between a building and the raised road caught a quick glimpse as the sniper moved as if he would leap from the roof.

Meanwhile, the nearby gargoyle continued an aerial battle with a phantom only it could see.

GM: Resolutions
(PCs)
Chrysagon dashed
Dellrak missed & cast healing spirit healing himself 2 & Qawasha
Harb
bandaged himself for 12 (healer)
Imogen cast expedtious retreat & dodged
Myrral dashed (tabaxi-style) & did 2 (psycic) to Gargoyle
(NPCs)
Qawasha took cover
Kupalue helped Qawasha & took cover
Ukee dashed (flying)
Kobolds dead
Rats dead
Gargoyle attacked phantasmal force again
Tabaxi Sniper dashed

FitzTheRuke

Legend
GM: Encounter: The Sticks vs Various Threats in the Ruins of Omu
OmuRuin4.jpg

Locations:
(BGs) Kobolds (dead); Rats (dead); Gargoyle (AU26); Sniper (Q30);
(PCs) Chrysagon (V41); Dellrak (AG40); Imogen (Z42); Harb (X42); Myrral (Y33);
(NPCs) Qawasha (AH46); Weed (AI46); Ukee (U46); Spirit-Bear (AH45)
(General Features) Visibility: "Bright" Terrain: "Overgrown" Difficult Terrain in anything green.
Name * AC * HP * Hit Dice * PasPrc * Spells * (Notes)
(PCs)
Chrysagon AC18* HP 25/36 (Res Nec&Rad) HD 5/5 PP10* SS 3/3 CD 1/1 LoH 22/25
Dellrak AC15 HP 34/49 (Res Psn) HD 2/5 PP15* SS 4/4 2/2
Harb AC15 HP 25/33 HD 5/5 PP14 KI 4/5
Imogen AC17 HP 33/38 THP 5/5 HD 5/5 PP12 SS 2/2 FS 3/3
Myrral AC14 HP 34/34 HD 4/5 PP17* SS 3/4 2/3 2/2 Ins 3/3
(NPCs)
Qawasha AC11(16) HP 4/27 HD 5/5 PP14 SS 1/4 3/3
Kupalue (Weed) AC13 HP 9/9 HD 2/2 PP12*
Ukee AC12 HP 3/3 HD 1/1 PP13
Name * Damage Taken * (Notes)
Kobolds
(dead); Rats (dead);
Gargoyle 5; Sniper 0;
GM: End Round Three; Begin Round Four

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Miss Imogen continues to make her way for the tower. If she sees a door on the east side, she'll head in there; otherwise, she'll work her way around.

OOC: Action+Move= 60' movement, 30' in difficult terrain; should be inside tower if there's a door on the east.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Omu
Afternoon
Round 5

Dellrak aimed his heavy crossbow at the sniper, lining up a good shot. When he thought he had it, pulled the trigger.

Meanwhile, the spirit bear licked Qawasha again, healing him once more, before evaporating into spirit energy and disappearing.

Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action: Fire crossbow
Attack 1: Heavy Crossbow Planar Ally: 1D20+6 = [20]+6 = 26
1D10+1+1D8 = [5]+1+[8] = 14

CRIT!
Crit damage:
Crit damage: 1D10+1D8 = [5]+[1] = 6
Attack 2:
Bonus Action: Planar Warrior (first attack that hits)
Reaction: Opportunity Attack
Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:

Dellrak Character Sheet
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 15
HP: 36/49 HD: 2/5d10+3
Bolts: 18
Bolts used: 1
Arrows: 19
Arrows used:

Detect Portal (1/R): Within 1 mile
Planar Warrior: As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The next time you hit that creature on this turn with a weapon attack, all damage dealt by the attack becomes force damage, and the creature takes an extra 1d8 force damage from the attack. When you reach 11th level in this class, the extra damage increases to 2d8.
Primeval Awareness (action and spell slot): For one minute per level of spell slot, detect within 1 mile (6 in favored terrain) aberrations, celestials, dragons, elementals, fey, fiends, and undead. This feature doesn’t reveal the creatures’ location or number.

Spells
1) 4/4 Protection from Evil/Good (Horizon Walker), Jump, Goodberry, Longstrider
2) 2/2 Misty Step (Horizon Walker, BA), Healing Spirit

Kasqa: 17/17 HD 3/3
Move:
Action:

Rodrigo Di Castalone - male human fighter
Miss Imogen - female samurai, party member, Zhentarim
Chrysagon - male aasimar paladin, Order of the Gauntlet, Kelemvor
Harb - male human monk
Myrral - Tabaxi bard?
Qawasha (NPC) - Chultan druid
Kupalue (Weed, NPC) - vegepygmy
Hu’plo (NPC) Chultan
Kasqa (NPC) - Chultan warrior

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Myrral roars in tabaxi even knowing that he might attract more unwanted attention. But if there is tabaxi tribe he doesn't know about it would be something that could be used to their advantage. Or not.

"Sniper, stop this! We're not your enemies. I'm from Rainbow Snake tribe!"

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
Chrysagon takes the risk and dashes across the open space between the building and the tower. He dives through the small opening he had spotted. Once inside he try to locate a way up and get close to the sniper.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Harb dashes through the opening and quickly scales the stairs, using his speed to reach the top as quickly as possible. Though he stays behind the last turn rather than expose himself to another attack.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
As the Sticks ascended the tower's stairs, the nimble tabaxi sniper leaped from the top of the tower to the raised road far below. As he landed on the stones of the road, he rolled and began to dash away on all-fours at a speed only a catfolk could match over short distances. But then, Myrral called out to him and he stopped short, stood, and removed his head-dress. He was an old tabaxi who had seen better days, patchy and missing teeth. He called out to Myrral in their growling tongue, "Rainbow Snake Tribe? That is my tribe."

Cautiously, he approached Myrral, squinted at him, and said, "You were little Dew-drop, but you have grown. I am Bag-of-Nails."

Myrral was astonished to recognize the name, and slowly the face (though it was rougher than he remembered), of his mother's uncle. He had long ago "returned to the jungle" (a pilgrimage where an elderly hunter goes off to die alone, where he will not burden the tribe with his suffering). Somehow, he had lived to extreme old age.

While this was happening, the sticks could see the gargoyle, that had grown frustrated in an aerial fight with an opponent that only it could see, and it retreated by flying off to the east.

GM: End of Combat. But let's give the game a little more back-and-forth before putting it on hold.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Miss Imogen is tired of this: tired of the jungle, of the muck, of the moisture weighing down her clothes. Curiously, she no longer remembers feeling heat, or being chilled when the sun sets and the heat dissipates in the eventide.

Cautiously, she re-wraps her belt, and listens to the conversation with the catfolk sniper. She thinks about how differently things might have gone if she had had any arrows left, and she looks at Bag-of-Nails's quiver, and compares it to her own empty one.

"Greetings," she offers, and gives her name. "This is ... unexpected. Our guide is wounded. Seriously. Perhaps you can help? Or perhaps you can tell us something of this city in which we find ourselves."

As she stands there, she lets Weed pull at her skirts, using them as a barrier.

Remove ads