D&D 5E (IC) Fitz's Folly

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The Sticks quickly repeated their skeleton-capture on the next skeleton; this time more professionally done. The not-so-quick members of the team kept an eye on the gargoyles while the quicker ones tackled it, smashed it, and procured a triangle-headed key.

The gargoyles didn't move. At least, not when anyone was looking; occasionally they would seem to be slightly leaning in, or looking directly at someone. Or their wings had changed position, or their tales shifted. But no one could swear that they saw any of it happen.

1687298875716.png
OOC: Without backtracking there are 3 ways to continue on: 1) A pit between the gargoyles; 2) A gape-mouthed demon-head; 3) A corner...

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"We could climb down the pit, but I don't trust those cracks around it." Myrral looks at the 'statues' "And whatever are the orders, the pit is surrounded, maybe the guardians are here to prevent something from coming up. Let's check the mouth and hall first."

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"Agreed," says Miss Imogen, who feels the immanence of what they are doing, where they are, finally. "I don't trust the gargoyles," she says, her arrow nocked but not pointing at the stony figures. "And I trust the corridor less. Being trapped between two foes is a risk, but..."

Throwing caution to the wind, she raises her bow and draws her string, pointing at the closest gargoyle. She holds her breath.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The gargoyle stood still, but its eyes seemed to stare daggers at Miss Imogen as she raised her bow. As she did, she noticed in the carvings on the surface of the pillar on which it stood, a thin rectangular hole that seemed to be a good size for sliding coins into. This brought to mind some of the speculation regarding the pillars' tops as seen from above - Copper; Silver; Gold; Platinum.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"No. No!" Miss Imogen smiles as she looks along the arrow shaft and suddenly sees that she should have noticed before. "Slots. Slots for coins." She lowers her bow and points. "It's another puzzle."

She drops her pack, and fishes inside for her coin purse. She's not needed it for months now, it seems. And she reaches in, deep within, and pulls out a small leather purse that has been stiffend into an ungainly shape through repeated soakings, as she had made her way through the jungle. She works to pull it open, and inside... are 19 tarnished gold coins. Only gold. She removes one of them, and walks to the pillar that had gold on the top.

"Is this an offering? Or something that activates?" she asks aloud, but to herself. Then to the others: "Does it matter which we do first? Does anyone have a copper piece? We could start with that one. See what happens."

If anyone has copper, she's content to let them use that slot. Otherwise, she'll do gold. Her pack's on the ground but the bow is still in her hand, quiver at her hip.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"We usually don't need coins of civilization, but I took some as curiosities. Before I met you I didn't even know a word for metal in your language, so you can see how interesting it would be for me. I have copper and silver. What is platinum?"

Myrral takes a pouch from around his neck and afrer some rumaging between bird bones, feathers, twine, and other knick-knacks he produces copper and silver coin.

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
Yes, Chrysagon agreed and stopped looking for coins himself. We are maybe paying tribute to the gargoyles, so they will let us pass. Who knows?
I don't have any platinum myself. Anyone else?

"I have all coinsss, exsssept for platinum. Don't put anything in, until we have all of them. Did we find any in the dungeon? We kinda just collected the treasure, didn't really check anything yet."

OOC: I have 85gp remaining; in theory, it could be part platinum, I just didn't write it that way :p

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: I have 85gp remaining; in theory, it could be part platinum, I just didn't write it that way :p
OOC: Yeah, I usually assume that people are carrying "85gp... In Various Coins". You've probably got a platinum. Maybe we should make it a roll? I give it a 50/50 chance. Roll any die. On evens, you have at least 1 platinum piece. (Probably not more than 2).

Remove ads