D&D 5E (IC) Fitz's Folly

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
The creature drops beneath the water, and for a moment Miss Imogen thinks that it's been killed. But a splash tells her otherwise.

Perception [roll0] vs DC 12

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Rodrigo raised his sword in triumph as the ... thing... slunk under the wave, its body born by the current... but quickly realized that it still survived as it shifted direction under the water.

"Beware, the thing still lives!" he shouted, pointing at its position with his blade, making sure that the newcomers - even if they didn't understand his language, knew that he was pointing at something dangerous.

Perception vs Shambling mound: 1D20+4 = [10]+4 = 14

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Miss Imogen Draws another breath, and another arrow. Rodrigo's blade points where she's looking, and so she fires again. She feels she has one good shot left in her. This is it.

OOC: Bonus Action: Fighting spirit: +5 THP (3+5), advantage for the following attack. (0 use left)

Action: bow with sharpshooter, at the shambling mound. Not clear if there is disadvantage or not with the creature underwater now that it's been seen. If there is, the advantage from Fighting spirit will cancel it out. If there is not, then the roll is with advantage.

* to hit: [roll0] and (if advantage) [roll1].
* damage: [roll2] piercing if a hit.

Woo hoo! Crit!

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
[MENTION=59816]FitzTheRuke[/MENTION], could we move the boat more ti the south? I mean, I didn't specify the direction, but going straight toward the big bad water monster in a canoe...also, please roll for my group
IC:
New arrivals shout back the figure in front calling out in passage common.
"The spell will force it out eventually, keep vigilant and cover us until we land."
In a lower voice, turning to his companions he meaows something in tabaxi
"Point us toward the monkey, we don't want it to capsize us."

Last edited:

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
[sblock=ooc]Sorry I wasn't clear. With a crit you roll the dice twice, so the damage is 2d8+13.

I had rolled 1d8+13, and got 21 (so the first 1d8=8).
For the crit I'm rolling one more 1d8, which was added to the previous total. that's the 1+21=22.

Bows crit the same way as anything else -- I may have made a mistake, or assumed something in error, though.[/sblock]

Last edited:

gargoyleking

Adventurer
OOC: We have an ooc thread for a reason. :p

Now that the vine had been defeated, Harb found himself with little to do. The creature had retreated into the river and was being harried even then. That just left the two companions which were in rather dire shape. He went to Miss Imogento tend her wounds.

OOC: Healer check: [roll0]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Myrral and his companions' approach the island, hoping the monster remains submerged until they are on the solid ground again. The bard grips the canoe sides hoping to spot the monster in time to prevent surprise

Move: wherever the boat takes us
Action: ready spell Dissonant Whispers: take 3d8 damage and it has to use reaction to move away (WIS save for half and no movement)
Psychic damage: 1D6 = [2] = 2
Investigation action needed to stop taking damage

Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Chult
Morning
Round 6

Taking advantage of the lull in the fight as the shambling mound retreated momentarily, Angis kicked off the remains of the assassin vine and dug into a belt pouch. He pulled out a handful of dried berries and breathed some magic words over them.

“Anyone need a wee bit o’ ‘ealin’?” he asked, holding out his hand as he waited for the mound to reemerge so it could be attacked.

OOC: 10 points of goodberries available. Not a lot of healing, but better than nothing.

[sblock=Dellrak Actions]
Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action: Cast Goodberry
Bonus Action: Planar Warrior
Reaction: Opportunity Attack
Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Dellrak Character Sheet
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 15
HP: 40/40 HD: 4/4d10+2

Bolts: 19
Bolts used: 0
Arrows: 19
Arrows used:

Detect Portal (1/R): Within 1 mile
Planar Warrior: As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The next time you hit that creature on this turn with a weapon attack, all damage dealt by the attack becomes force damage, and the creature takes an extra 1d8 force damage from the attack. When you reach 11th level in this class, the extra damage increases to 2d8.
Primeval Awareness (action and spell slot): For one minute per level of spell slot, detect within 1 mile (6 in favored terrain) aberrations, celestials, dragons, elementals, fey, fiends, and undead. This feature doesn’t reveal the creatures’ location or number.

Spells
1) 2/3 Protection from Evil/Good (Horizon Walker), Jump, Goodberry, Longstrider
[/sblock]

[sblock=Goals]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
Rodrigo Di Castalone - male human fighter
Miss Imogen - female samurai, party member, Zhentarim
Chrysagon - male aasimar paladin, Order of the Gauntlet, Kelemvor
Harb - male human monk
Qawasha (NPC) - Chultan druid
Kupalue (Weed, NPC) - vegepygmy