D&D 5E (IC) Fitz's Folly

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Rodrigo wasn't sure if it would do anything, but felt that perhaps convincing the thing to leave would be a good idea, he joined the others in throwing missile at the semi-submerged plant monster. Unwilling to depart with his sword, he tucked it under his left arm, flung a dart with a swift flick of the arm and dropped back into guard.

dart (already made perception): 1D20+6 = [5]+6 = 11
The dart splashed in the water, but the angle was wrong. (ooc: I think that doesn't hit).

"I'm ok over here, only a glancing blow or two master Delrak" Even though he hadn't killed the thing, Rodrigo was happy about how his portion of the fight went - he drove it off without taking too much injury. Not too bad a result.

Rodrigo Di Castalone, Human Fighter (battlemaster, criminal(spy)), level 4
HP: 29/36, Hit dice: 4/4
AC: 18
Passive Perception 14
Rapier: +6 to hit, 1d8+6 dmg
Main Gauche (if used main-handed and not to parry) +6 to hit, 1d4+4 or +6 dmg
Crossbow: +6 to hit, 1d8+4 dmg, range 80/320
Darts: +6 to hit, 1d4+4 dmg, range 20/60
Saves: Str: +3, Dex: +4, Con: +4, Int: +1, Wis: +2, Cha: 0
Superiority dice: 2/4, Action surge: used, Second wind: free
Maneuvres: Riposte, Parry, Trip (DC 14)
Potions of healing remaining: 2

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Well done, master swordsman. Keep vigilant, the thing will burst out after several heartbeats."

bonus: @Ancalagon / Rodrigo gets an inspiration
move: hope for the best
action: ready action to cast Vicious Mockery to grant disadvantage if we're attacked

OOC: the thing gets hit by 1d6 per round for 8 more rounds unless it makes Investigation check and beats spell DC 13

FitzTheRuke

Legend
In the end, the creature did not fully surface again. It came close to doing it once, as is swam around in the murky water searching for food, but it was struck hard by Imogen's arrow and sank out of sight again. Myrall had kept it constantly confused, concentrating on a psychic connection, though the others were unaware of that fact. Eventually, the creature just stayed out of sight in the deepest part of the water and slowly made it's escape. The three tabaxi paddled over to the little islands and greeted the strange group of travellers.

Combat over

Neurotic

it didn't come out because of the damage?! Tough Customer :) i would expect 8d6 would persuade it...but maybe it made the Investigation...

Myrral sighs in relief as his fears fail to materialize. Hopping lightly from the canoe he stands openly in front of the group studying them.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The two larger Tabaxi prowled about the little islands, sniffing at the travellers and poking at their belongings, but they stayed out of the way as the group made right their rafts.

Kasqa reported, "Much of our food supply is ruined, soaked through the bag by swamp-water. Not safe to eat."

Neurotic

"My name is Mr-rrr-aul, son of Rawrgrym, grandson of Miar-rkuh" new arrival growls some sounds "But you can call me Myrral, I am told it is easier on your throats." Myrral smiles revealing an impressive array of blades in the mouth
"The spirits told me I'll find you here and that you can help my tribe with The Curse. So...how can I help?"

As two companions pull the canoe fully onto the island...
"These are my companions Grrol and Braapp. They will return to the tribe with the news if we come to an agreement."

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Harb bowed to the cat person. Smiling graciously. He spoke in a slightly different voice than his companions were used to.

"Hail, and thank you for coming to our aid. I am called Borde. Alas, we are not used to travelling in this region and in our haste to escape the creature in the water, found ourselves facing another threat entirely."

He motions to the shredded remains of the assassin vine.

"We are seeking to accomplish a mission of our own, though if you can describe this curse, perhaps we can come find some way to help."

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Miss Imogen attempts to follow the plant creature beneath the surface of the river, but her eyes soon confuse shadows with eddies, and she soon doubts she ever did see the thing.

She was about to speak, when Harb introduced himself, using a new name. She did not understand, but did not question it now. Was that because she was still light-headed from blood loss? She did not know.

"Myrral, I would welcome your company. I speak only for myself, but we continue to find new challenges in this jungle." Her bow wave vaguely at the vine on the ground.

She walks forward, and collects what arrows she can.

Fradak

Explorer
"I've come back a long way. Thank you, again, Miss Imogen. Let me return you the favor." If she let him, Chrysagon lays his hand on Miss Imogen's wounds and channels Kelemvor energy to her body.

Then looking to the cat man, "Your spirits were insightful. We'll use any help we can get. I'm Chrysagon, you met Borde, this is Miss Imogen, here you have Rodrigo Di Castalone and over there Master Dellrak "Blue-arrow" Bruttinheim. I trust we are here for the same reasons but as Borde asked you, tell us what you now about The Curse."

Lay of Hand: 15 HP

Remove ads