D&D 5E (IC) Fitz's Folly

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Myrral was not familiar with Omu directly, but he had some small knowledge of the south end of the Aldani Basin and where a more direct water route was hidden in the grasses of the swamp.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
When the supplies had been properly returned to the rafts and lashed down tight, Qawasha, Hup'lo, and Kasqa asked that they be given a moment to seek a blessing at the sunken statue of Ubtao. Anyone was welcome to join them.

Myrral, for his part, was eyeing the rafts with no small disdain. He had suggested that he would send his companions back to his village, but there was little to no room for him on the rafts and he doubted that the foreigners would be skilled with his reedboat canoe.

OOC: Actually, let's discuss this in the ooc...

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: Changing to green speech since teal is no longer a color
To the druid:
"Feel free to pray to your spirits, but beware the swamp thing. It is still out there."

While talking, young shaman approaches the closest of the party and touches his clawed hand to their bare skin. Looking at the face with a strangely small and narrow nose and the mouth without a split in the middle he looks up and startles as he notices two round pupils looking back somewhat surprised at the gesture.
He drops the arm down
"Apologies. I never saw creatures like you before this close-up. If you take some time to bind your wounds over, we can talk about future plans. I initially thought to let my friends return now that I found you. But seeing how you are wounded and under-equipped for the water travel...I suggest you join us back to our village and rest properly."

OOC:
Would the village location be secret or is it deep enough into the jungle that it is irrelevant? At the very least, the druid and the flying monkey could find their way back

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Chult
Morning
Round 0

“Bah!” Dellrak exclaimed, slapping at the tabaxi’s hand as it pawed his face and beard. “Wortch it, kitty! Ye dunnae mess wi’ a dwarf’s beard!” The dwarf glanced over at the others. “Aye, I’m sure some o’ th’others might like a nice rest oot o’ th’ water. Wot ye think?” he asked the others. “Don’t step on any more o’ those bloody vines!” he warned those who were going off to the shrine.

OOC: 2 points of goodberries available.

Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Bonus Action: Planar Warrior
Reaction: Opportunity Attack
Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:

Dellrak Character Sheet
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 15
HP: 40/40 HD: 4/4d10+2

Bolts: 19
Bolts used: 0
Arrows: 19
Arrows used:

Detect Portal (1/R): Within 1 mile
Planar Warrior: As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The next time you hit that creature on this turn with a weapon attack, all damage dealt by the attack becomes force damage, and the creature takes an extra 1d8 force damage from the attack. When you reach 11th level in this class, the extra damage increases to 2d8.
Primeval Awareness (action and spell slot): For one minute per level of spell slot, detect within 1 mile (6 in favored terrain) aberrations, celestials, dragons, elementals, fey, fiends, and undead. This feature doesn’t reveal the creatures’ location or number.

Spells
1) 2/3 Protection from Evil/Good (Horizon Walker), Jump, Goodberry, Longstrider

Rodrigo Di Castalone - male human fighter
Miss Imogen - female samurai, party member, Zhentarim
Chrysagon - male aasimar paladin, Order of the Gauntlet, Kelemvor
Harb - male human monk
Qawasha (NPC) - Chultan druid
Kupalue (Weed, NPC) - vegepygmy
Wulf Rygor (NPC) - Half-elf scoutmaster, Camp Vengeance
Tarri (NPC) - cartographer, Camp Vengeance
Kasqa (NPC) - Chultan warrior, Camp Vengeance

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"My apologies, Master Dellrack. Maybe I shouldn't have done it to the leader without asking, but you all seem so strange to me. And no fangs! Or claws!"

OOC: Dellrak is the leader for two reasons: 1st he is named Master Dellrack and 2nd: he has a mane like the lion chieftain...now I just have to think about that...

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The Chultans prayed at the statue of their fallen god. Satysfied, they returned to the islands and the group began to travel east, led by the tabaxi hunters. They carried the rafts over a few landmasses and poled across a few bodies of water before hiding the rafts upright against a rock and covering them with hanging vines. With the supplies reloaded into packs, they made their way through the jungle on winding and barely passable trails. Occasionally the tabaxi would shoot up a tree and run along branches to get past an obstacle. The Sticks would have to follow with great difficulty, while the tabaxi waited impatiently.

Three hours later they found themselves at the outer edge of a small village dominated by one enormous hut surrounded by a few smaller ones. The large hut was ancient and its roof was so covered with ferns and other growth, that it would be difficult to spot from the sky.

While the tabaxi had been friendly enough, Qawasha and Dellrak could tell that they had been led on a circuitous and indirect route to arrive at the village and they would be hard pressed to ever find it again. This was fine, of couse, from a cautious jungle folk, but both agreed in a hushed whisper that they were also unsure if they could find their way out.

Still, the tabaxi villagers appeared friendly enough, as Myrral introduced the Sticks to his chief, a powerful-looking catfolk with an impressive lion's mane. The chief called for food, which consisted mostly of birds, uncooked and feathered, but the tabaxi realised that their guests liked other things and so they brought fruits gathered from the jungle (some of which Qawasha had to say were not to be eaten as they were poisonous or unpalatable.)

The chief also called for entertainment, and tabaxi musicians and dancers showed their talent in styles and with instruments utterly unfamiliar to all - even Qawasha, who had known other tabaxi villages. The hour grew late and the Sticks were invited to stay in the Chief's large hut, as most of the village appeared to be happy to do after a celebration. They piled in heaps around an enormous central firepit.

Last edited:

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Miss Imogen helped to carry the raft to start, but struggled. She kept tripping, and wasn't the right height to be as useful as she wanted to be. Eventually others took over and she made her way through the jungle, trying to help clear the path. When the clearing eventually opened up, she began to see the Tabaxi huts, and her mood improved considerably.

She blew into a closed fist and slid her hand over the fabric of her skirts, which removed the wrinkles and the dirt. She repeated the process for her blouse and her hair, and in short order was looking presentable.

The others had entered the clearing, and she was one of the last to be received by their leonine host. She avoided any direct eye contact and kept her head bowed, as she felt would be expected. Later, during the celebrations, she followed Qawasha's guidance on the best fruits to eat and happily enjoyed water she had chilled.

The music delighted her. she swayed to the rhythms as the dancers moved around. She was struck how they were ever so slightly ahead of the music, almost as if it was following them. She realized she had not spoken to many of her companions for several hours, and so before falling asleep, she made eye contact with the others and went outside of the large central hut, in cae anyone wished to speak. She was tired now, but if it came to shifts, she could wake early to take a watch.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Harb/Borde helped to carry the rafts as necessary, but was quite relieved to leave them at the earliest opportunity. As they came ro the village, he greeted their host warmly, almost naturally for him. He even complimented the larger catfolk on his glorious mane.

Omce given an opportunity, he asked to see any sick and/or injured, especially if they weren't healing properly. He did his best to offer them some of his own healing while at the same time looking for any clues as to the nature of the curse. (If any are about to die, he sits with them until they pass and performs his usual ritual of writing their names on a slip of paper and placing it into their mouths upon death. If allowed, that is.)

Every time I roll a medicine check in regards to this curse... yeesh!
Medicine:: 1d20+4 9

Afterwards, he sits down to dinner and pulls out his mess kit, doing his best to cook some of the meat that is offered, and even a few of the fruits and/or vegetables for good measure. As this likely becomes a focus of attention, the monk takes some time to show the kit off and shows how to use it. While they are dining Ukee climbs onto harb's shoulder and the monk spends some time, between bites of his own food, to feed the winged monkey some of it's favorite foods. He doesn't even seem to notice the looks this draws, attributing it to the rarity of the animal outside of it's natural environment.

Last edited:

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
When he gets the chance, Rodrigo will discretely asked Qawasha if these strange people can be trusted.

Rodrigo does his best to be pleasant and charming, while staying on his guard and vigilant - this was just like a ball back in Waterdeep, perhaps with a bit less pomp and more red in the tooth and claw...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases