D&D 5E (IC) Fitz's Folly

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Imogen vs netted Ghast

As the nasty-smelling ghoul tried to free itself from Myrral's net, Miss Imogen put two arrows into it. One was a glancing blow, but the other went right into the ghoul's head. The creature stumbled and fell, and lay still on the ground.

Harb & the Gorilla

Harb rushed past the gorilla to help the front-line with the ghoul that had refused to flee from Chrysagon's wrath of Kelemvor. "No! said Qawasha as he watched in horror as the Gorilla tracked the monk's movement with his head. The gorilla ignored the druid and slammed the broken tree into the ground where Harb had just been. Missing him only succeeded in angering the beast, as the gorilla lumbered after Harb, raising his tree and bellowing. As Harb kicked the ghoul and struck it with his staff, the gorilla lay into the Sticks' front line with the tree, slamming it down on all present.

Only Dellrak, who was furthest back, managed to duck and avoid the tree as it pounded the ground, leaving the already-falling ghoul a sickly mess of a broken body.

GM: Damage Taken:
(BGs) Ghast2 14 & 18 (Imogen's Arrows); Ghoul4 4, 7, & 4 (Harb's foot & staff) & 14 (Tree)
(PCs) Harb 13 (Tree); Chrysagon 10 (Tree);
(NPCs) None
Gorilla tree-pounds the front line. (I rolled this before calculating that Harb would have killed the Ghoul anyway!)
A1: Opp vs Harb; A2: Attack Harb; A3: Attack Chrys; A4; Attack Ghoul4; A5: Attack Dellrak
A1: 1D20+9 = [2]+9 = 11; 2D6+5 = [1, 1]+5 = 7
A2: 1D20+9 = [10]+9 = 19; 2D6+5 = [3, 5]+5 = 13
A3: 1D20+9 = [18]+9 = 27; 2D6+5 = [2, 3]+5 = 10
A4: 1D20+9 = [13]+9 = 22; 2D6+5 = [5, 4]+5 = 14
A5: 1D20+9 = [4]+9 = 13; 2D6+5 = [6, 3]+5 = 14

OOC: @Ancalagon Rodrigo still to go. Also, NPCs for those who are playing them. I think only the Tabaxi have gone.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Chult
Morning
Round 3

OOC: Apparently Dellrak disappeared from the map? I can’t find him. He’ll attack Ghast 2 that is on him? Although it sounds like Ghast 2 is dead? Whatever. Apply only the first roll if necessary and he’ll attack the closest Ghast.

Delrack grunted as the undead monster clawed his face. “Get orf!” he yelled, throwing the ghast off as it was netted. He swung his axe around.

Kasqa gripped his spear and charged at one of the ghasts (preferring one with an ally near for pack tactics) and jabbed with his spear.

Spear pack tactics: 2D20.HIGH(1)+4 = [10, 12]+4 = 16
1D8+2 = [6]+2 = 8

OOC: 19 points of goodberries available.

Save: Constitution save: 1D20+3 = [17]+3 = 20
Constitution save vs stench: 2D20.HIGH(1)+3 = [18, 16]+3 = 21

Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action: Attack Ghast 2? (advantage because restrained)
Greataxe advantage restrained: 2D20.HIGH(1)+6 = [7, 19]+6 = 25
1D12+4 = [12]+4 = 16

Bonus Action: Planar Warrior
Reaction: Opportunity Attack
Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:

Dellrak Character Sheet
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 15
HP: 35/40 HD: 4/4d10+2

Bolts: 18
Bolts used: 1
Arrows: 19
Arrows used:

Detect Portal (1/R): Within 1 mile
Planar Warrior: As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The next time you hit that creature on this turn with a weapon attack, all damage dealt by the attack becomes force damage, and the creature takes an extra 1d8 force damage from the attack. When you reach 11th level in this class, the extra damage increases to 2d8.
Primeval Awareness (action and spell slot): For one minute per level of spell slot, detect within 1 mile (6 in favored terrain) aberrations, celestials, dragons, elementals, fey, fiends, and undead. This feature doesn’t reveal the creatures’ location or number.

Spells
1) 3/3 Protection from Evil/Good (Horizon Walker), Jump, Goodberry, Longstrider

Rodrigo Di Castalone - male human fighter
Miss Imogen - female samurai, party member, Zhentarim
Chrysagon - male aasimar paladin, Order of the Gauntlet, Kelemvor
Harb - male human monk
Myrral - Tabaxi bard?
Qawasha (NPC) - Chultan druid
Kupalue (Weed, NPC) - vegepygmy

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: Dellrak is at Q12. I replaced the first map I posted with a second one because Dellrak was still selected in the fist one. Even though I erased it, the first map showed up at the bottom of the post, so maybe you looked at that one? He's there at Q12 in both, but all selected-like in the map that was supposed to be erased.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Qawasha grew desperate - he had to get that ape away! It was time to invoke the spirit of the forest. He breathed deeply and intoned "Oh great ape, we do not mean you harm - by Ubtao, I implore you to leave this place!"

Rodrigo grunted - not only were his effort at distracting the beast completely ineffective, the front line was moving away from him. He gritted his teeth and rushed forward

Move + action surge (sooo slow)

Attack - seeing that one of the ghoul had been cowed by holy power, Rodrigo chose to let it be and instead went after another beside the dwarf

"My apologies Master Delrak, I misread the battlefield"

With that, the swordsman cooly stabbed the ghoul in the chest, followed by a kick in the knee

Attack vs ghoul 4: 1D20+6 = [11]+6 = 17

damage vs ghoul 4: 1D8+6 = [6]+6 = 12

Trip damage vs ghoul 4, it must do a dc 14 dex save or fall down: 1D8 = [8] = 8
(total damage = 20)

Rodrigo Di Castalone, Human Fighter (battlemaster, criminal(spy)), level 4
HP: 30/36, Hit dice: 4/4
AC: 18
Passive Perception 14
Rapier: +6 to hit, 1d8+6 dmg
Main Gauche (if used main-handed and not to parry) +6 to hit, 1d4+4 or +6 dmg
Crossbow: +6 to hit, 1d8+4 dmg, range 80/320
Darts: +6 to hit, 1d4+4 dmg, range 20/60
Saves: Str: +3, Dex: +4, Con: +4, Int: +1, Wis: +2, Cha: 0
Superiority dice: 2/4, Action surge: used, Second wind: free
Maneuvres: Riposte, Parry, Trip (DC 14)
Potions of healing remaining: 2

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The giant gorilla stared at Qawasha as he spoke, with his tree held high. Finally, a sort of understanding came to him, and the great beast dropped the tree and bounded off into the jungle, parting the trees as he headed south.

Having downed the netted ghoul, the front line shuffled forward as Hup'lo, Kasqa, and Rodrigo ran to catch up. They reached Myrral as another ghoul burst out of the underbrush at him, and with a coordinated effort, they brought this one down as well.

Then, it was a simple matter of clean-up. One ghoul was still entangled in Qawasha's writhing vines, and it was easy enough to dispatch it. That left only the one that was turned by Kelemvor, and they hunted it down in short time.

End of Encounter

OOC: Sorry that took a bit for me to get to. I suddenly realised that I hadn't checked in on this game in a bit, and it might have been me we were waiting on. We wound up with an overkill in damage here, so I decided it was best to just wrap it up and move on.

Fradak

Explorer
Once the last ghoul slew, Chrysagon fell on his knees, exhausted. "Hit by a tree... that's a first. I don't want to be there when this thing will become undead. Thanks for the diplomacy Qawasha. "

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Myrral and Harb were a little battered, and Dellrak to a lesser extent, but Chrysagon had himself taken the bulk of the beating.

After Chrysagon checked everyone over and offered healing, the Sticks and their allies moved on, eagre to leave the immediate area. As the light gave out for the day, they found a damp hollow in which to make camp. The following morning, they came upon the Heart of Ubtao after only an hour of hiking.

A massive chunk of earth and rock had been torn from the earth and it drifted over the swampy forest, about a hundred feet above the ground. A petrified tree towered above the stone, with its stone roots protruding from the bottom. Between the shape of the rock and the branching of the tree’s limbs, it created the impression from afar of a gigantic stone heart hanging in the sky. The impression was only made more gruesome by a red liquid dripping from the ends of the roots.

A cave mouth could be seen in the side of the slowly rotating “heart,” and a staircase winded from the cave up to the flattened top where the petrified tree stood. The staircase definitely wasn’t natural; it had been carved with tools into the rock.

Heart.jpg

Remove ads