D&D 5E (IC) Fitz's Folly

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Harb looked up to yje heart. Iy was interesting to behold, but he wondered at how they might reach it to explore beyond sight. Noting the liquid falling from the trees roots he considered that as well.

"Perhaps we should investigate the fluid? I doubt it is actual blood, but it may have some interesting properties of it's own."

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Phew, that gorilla was a sight and a half! Literally!" young bard bursts with excitement. "Did you see how he threw me off the tree!? Titan of the jungle indeed."

As the group approaches the heart he thinks about what he knows of the strange structure eager to show off to his new friends.

OOC: whatever is needed, roll (spend inspiration and bardic knowledge freely :) )

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Myrral knew little about the heart, though he had seen it floating in the distance on a previous scouting mission. He knew that human Chultans believed it to be the petrified heart of their dead god Ubtao, and they considered it sacred. Priests of Ubtao used to travel there on the backs of flying bird-lizards to seek visions inside the heart and to beseech Ubtao to return. To Myrral, these pilgrimages were just stories - as the jungle grew more dangerous, as it had been all his life, the pilgrimages became more rare. Myrral was unsure if the humans were still aware that the heart was here, or if there still were Priests of Ubtao at all.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Harb moved toward the area under the heart to inspect the red liquid. It was immediately apparent to him what it was as he moved out of the jungle to a barren spot under the heart - there was a clearing of red clay mud. The petrified roots dripped rainwater mixed with a red clay from within the heart of the heart, so to speak, and directly under it was hundreds of years of deposit, kept from becoming a mound of its own by the rain washing it away into the jungle. Though the centre of the muddy clay field was undisturbed, near the edges were footprints other than his own, which could not have been made more than an hour before, or they would have washed clear in the rain.

OOC: Survival or investigation checks will help here.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Rodrigo apologized to the others for failing to divert the beast's attention, and thanked Qawasha warmly for driving it off. The druid was grateful he was given the chance - and glad to see more undead destroyed. But there were so many.

Rodrigo, when hearing Myrall's comment, answered "you did well, I saw how you let yourself flow around the blow instead of trying to meet it head on and be gravely injured. In my country, when we duel, we say "weakness to counter strength, and strength to counter weakness". It's how I was able to partially deflect its blows".

Qawasha fell to his knees and raised his hands to the sky. "Behold the Heart of Ubtao! Blessed are we to see it! Long have I yearned to find it. I hope... I feel I can find answers there. It it the spiritual heart of the jungle, made manifest."

Upon seeing the heart, Rodrigo let out a low whistle "Well, isn't that something... I'm happy we are here too. What have you found Harb? .... Huh. Do you see that pattern? And this!

Survival check looking at clay - blood prints: 1D20+2 = [20]+2 = 22

FitzTheRuke

Legend
One set of footprints travelled a short way into the red clay mud and then stopped as if the person had disappeared or flown up and away. Several other footprints headed south into the jungle. The first set of footprints were nearly washed away in the rain, for they were light and slender, as if belonging to a woman, or an elf (or both). The other group's were heavier - men, probably soldiers, possibly even orcs.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Harb knelt next to the mud and ran his fingers through it, picking up a small clump and working it with his fingers.

"Strange, it is as if it is bleeding..."

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"How do we get up there? Can anyone fly and get the rope up?"

OOC: Are there any trees high enough to enable throwing of a rope? Can flying monkey do it?

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Harb thinks for a moment then moves to a dry spot and sits down as if to meditate. He calls to Ukee and sends her up cautiously towards the heart. As she flies, he focusses on seeing through her eyes and attempts to find a likely anchor point for a rope.

Remove ads