D&D 5E (IC) Fitz's Folly

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Ukee was just able to carry a coil of two ropes spliced together. With a knot that was tied for her ahead of time, she was able to loop it over the lowest-hanging petrified root. Then she dropped the coil, and it fell to form a one-hundred foot free climb. Harb had been concentrating on their connection this time, watching through her eyes and instructing her. At first she was nervous and didn't understand what was being asked of her, but with the task completed, she was very proud of herself and slid down the rope to sit on Harb's shoulder, chittering in her excitement.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Harb patted Ukee gently and offered some of her favorite foods as a reward. But now he looked up in mild trepidation. That would be a long way to fall if one lost their grip, and he wasn't the strongest of climbers.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Let me go first. I'm lighter and I can check the knot before magic-wood clad members attempt it."

Myrral swarms up the rope, climbing as if he was born to it. Which in a sense he was. The claws on hands and feet gripped the rope safely.

Ooc: natural climb speed ftw :)

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Harb was impressed by the speed and confidence shown by the slight tabaxi as the catfolk scrambled up the rope, he tightened the splice halfway up, and made sure that the loop held tight on the petrified root. Grrol and Brapp made to follow their friend, meaning to keep him safe from harm.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Harb had never been much of a climber. Sure, his footing was good and he was very flexible, but he'd never taken to feats of upper-body strength. He tried to follow the tabaxi, but it was obvious that he was struggling from the get-go. He made it about twenty feet of the hundred-foot climb before becoming stuck. He fumbled about for a few minutes while everyone tried to encourage him. Then he slipped and fell to the mud below. He wasn't terribly hurt by the fall, buy his pride was stung hard.

GM: Damage Taken:
(BGs) None;
(PCs) Harb 9 (Falling);
(NPCs) None
How far a fall?
Distance: 1D10 = [2] = 2
x10 = 20 foot fall
Fall: 2D6 = [3, 6] = 9

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: Myrral checked and secured the rope.

Seeing Harb fall, Myrral focuses downward trying to advise the companions and to stabilize the rope. Finally, he gives up and snarls and yowls something.

"Make room, my clanmates will climb up and help you."

Two tabaxi climb up easily and grab the rope while Myrral coils pulled rope behind them.
"Grab the rope and hold on. We will pull you up."

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Miss Imogen is not convinced she is needed at the top, and is happy to let everyone else go ahead of her.

"I'll cover your ascent," she says, as she keeps her eye on the perimeter around the clearing.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
"I shall stay here as well, if there is a need, I will send Ukee for assistance."

Harb did his best to scrape mud from his clothing while he waited for the others to ascend and see what there was to be seen.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Rodrigo said "The tree line is clear... I wonder what occurred here. Perhaps a levitation spell?"

He added. "I'll attempt to go up - I have a crossbow so I can help from above if there is problem beneath. Keep your eyes opened."

2 athletics check, with advantage since the tabaxi are helping right? : 1D20+1 = [17]+1 = 18
1D20+1 = [20]+1 = 21
1D20+1 = [2]+1 = 3
1D20+1 = [6]+1 = 7

OOC: So I make the first one easily, the second one I don't fail by 5, so Rodrigo regroups, and tries again

climb with advantage because the tabaxi are helping: 1D20+1 = [18]+1 = 19
1D20+1 = [11]+1 = 12

FitzTheRuke

Legend
There was a moment of touch-and-go as Rodrigo climbed. He had a similar moment to Harb, only higher up, as the rope began to spin him in a circle. But the Tabaxi helped to keep it steady, and he eventually got to the petrified root. There was still something of a climb to the stone stairs, but he could take a moment of rest before continuing on.

OOC: If that's everyone who's going to try it, we can move on. I'll say with the tabaxi continuing to help Rodrigo, it's just a matter of time before they reach the stairs, so no more checks are needed. (From Rodrigo - if anyone wants to climb up, there's still time. Including NPCs. If you're controlling an NPC consider if they would want to go.)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases