D&D 5E (IC) Fitz's Folly

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Sure. We wait. We're looking for a way to lift the curse. Do you know it?" Myrral is content to wait, it both gives Harb time to retreieve Ukee and gives everything and everyone time to attack or calm down as the case may be. He knows the group will eventually come to them.

OOC: is Myrral far enough that if he can conceal his movements he could cast something without being heard? (Suggestion has V, M, S components :p )

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Pulling himself up, Harb found a spot where he could take another running leap and did his best to spy out a more stable place to land on his next attempt. Then he ran and leapt for the next building.

Athletics, Acrobatics, Perception: 1d20 13 1d20+6 18 1d20+5 19
Sorry, I've been extremely distracted with what's going on in the real world right now. This BS has me quite upset and I've been having a hard time processing it in a healthy way.

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
Chrysagon and Dellrak moved quickly over the road and into the undergrowth again. They didn't look back to see if the others were following or not. They just headed towards Myrral's voice quietly but as fast as they could. Myrral would maybe need their help and that couldn't wait. In his haste, Chrysagon tripped over a root and fell heavily on a rock and made an awful din.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
With difficulty, clambering over the crumbling roofs of the sunken ruins, Harb made his way to where Ukee lay, unconscious in a gargoyle's dropped net. He pulled her free and tucked her in his tunic. He had narrowly avoided falling in the churning water as he leaped from the last roof down to the top of the flooded raised road. Taking the same way back would have been next to impossible, so Harb made his way northward, to another roof, where a piece of a ruined obelisk made it much easier to get onto the roof of a larger building.

Finally, he made his way across that roof until he was nearly back on solid land. Unfortunately, his circuitous route took him much closer to the Thayans. As he hesitated at the roof's edge, a Thayan mercenary called over to him, "Throw me the thing you carry, and I will put it down for safe-keeping. Then you can leap across without your burden. I will return it, I swear."

It was clear to Harb that the man did not believe that the 'burden' was just a monkey. The Thayans all seemed to think that he was after something valuable.

During the rescue, Myrral had waited and watched the Thayans. He glanced to his left and was relieved to see Dellrak and Chrysagon leading the others through the overgrowth, slowly working their way over toward them.

SaveUkee3.jpg

(The rest of the sticks are off the map, with Dellrak in the lead at AW39, or about 60 feet from Myrral)

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Harb knew better than to trust the stranger, Thayan or not. In fact by his very nature Harb was not the type to trust easily. Only through the sheer necesity of his duty had he given his companions even a small portion of his true identity.

Fortunately though, Harb was also quite duplicitous himself by that very same nature. These men had in now way been close enough to get a good look at Ukee, either as she fell, nor as he collected her. They obviously believed he had been after an item of some wealth.

Thus it was that, showing his obvious reluctance, and only after more assurances from the thayan, drew forth a pouch. It was about the same size as Ukee herself, and swung with the weight of metal, tantalizing with the promise of riches. This he threw to the man.

Then, he gave him just enough time to open it up and peek inside before he was leaping across the gap. Attemptung to his staff to lever himself across whatever gap he missed, the monk hoped to be ready for a fight the moment he landed. Should he need to be.

Deception, Athletics, Acrobatics: 1d20+5 23 1d20 9 1d20+6 16
Harb has a pouch-full of ball bearings. This is what he threw over. ;p

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The Thayan mercenary, on catching the bag, immediately turned away from Harb and began to look through it. Harb did not have near enough momentum in his leap to clear the gap, and he thrust his staff into the water in an attempt to pole-vault over. For a brief moment, he balanced on the top of his staff, before plowing through the water at the bank. Some loose earth fell from the edge and the mass of sod and roots floated downstream before disappearing.

"What is it?" asked the Red Wizard. (Though the question was clear, he spoke in the thick, harsh-sounding Thayan language).

The mercenary peered into the bag with a dumbfounded expression on his face. Annoyed, the Red Wizard snatched it away and looked in it himself. Tossing it aside, he demanded, "Where is your cube. You must have one."

Harb was able to keep hold of his staff and he quickly pulled himself up onto solid ground, but he was dirty, wet, and on all-fours near a potential threat.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: Is this good time to try sneaky suggestion spell?
Myrall considered casting a spell, but there was another mercenary - an orc - moving slowly buy purposefully toward him. Then Dellrak came around the corner of a ruined building and the orc glanced in that direction, expecting trouble. Chrysagon was behind Dellrak, and they stayed close to the side of the building, following the path cut through the overgrowth earlier by Harb.

Myrral had a moment where no one was looking at him.

Remove ads