D&D 5E (IC) Fitz's Folly

FitzTheRuke

Legend
To Chrysagon's sight, the necromantic aura surrounding the corpses suggested that they were undead, as everyone feared. However, they lay motionless as if awaiting some signal to arise.

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
These are undead creatures, Chrysagon pointed out. Strange that they are not moving... Curiously he poked the one in the doorway and nothing happened. Let's take some precautions, he said and took the rope and tied the foul-smelling undead tightly to the throne.
He stopped and inspected his work. Satisfied, he nodded and said; I still think these masks will have some protection. He peeled off the mask and put it ver his head. It smelled just as bad as the undead but otherwise it was not too horrible. He seemed to be able to see out of the mask without problems.
OK, who's with me? he said and held out the rope. Let's tie up the rest of them!

OOC: I am making a lot of assumptions. If anything, like poking the undead, will cause them to attack then just go with it. :)

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Tomb of Annihilation
Morning
Round 0

Dellrak couldn’t fault wanting to tie up the corpses. The paladin said they were undead, but they just looked like corpses to the dwarf. He shrugged and took some of the rope. “I’ll help tie ‘em,” he said. He was less sure about putting on one of those nasty masks.

Torch: 596r (currently out)
0 goodberries

Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Attack 1:
Attack 2:
Bonus Action: Planar Warrior (first attack that hits)
Reaction: Opportunity Attack
Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:

Dellrak Character Sheet
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 15
HP: 58/58 HD: 6/6d10+3
Bolts: Enough

Detect Portal (1/R): Within 1 mile
Planar Warrior: As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The next time you hit that creature on this turn with a weapon attack, all damage dealt by the attack becomes force damage, and the creature takes an extra 1d8 force damage from the attack. When you reach 11th level in this class, the extra damage increases to 2d8.
Primeval Awareness (action and spell slot): For one minute per level of spell slot, detect within 1 mile (6 in favored terrain) aberrations, celestials, dragons, elementals, fey, fiends, and undead. This feature doesn’t reveal the creatures’ location or number.

Spells
1) 4/4 Protection from Evil/Good (Horizon Walker), Jump, Goodberry, Longstrider
2) 2/2 Misty Step (Horizon Walker, BA), Healing Spirit

Miss Imogen - female samurai, party member, Zhentarim
Chrysagon - male aasimar paladin, Order of the Gauntlet, Kelemvor
Harb - male human monk
Myrral - Tabaxi bard?
Qawasha (NPC) - Chultan druid
Kupalue (Weed, NPC) - vegepygmy
Hu’plo (NPC) Chultan
Kasqa (NPC) - Chultan warrior

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"If you give me some time, I can detect magic in the area. This will let us know if those masks are actually some protection or the cause of their undeath." Myrral looks at dessicated husks and doesn't appear to keen on entering the room.

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
Good idea! We can tie up the corpses while you perform the ritual. Chrysagon continued to the next throne and began tying up the next one. The mask was foul smelling but it did not obscure his vision.

OOC: Chrysagon also heals 12 HP with his last Lay on Hands and has 41/52 HP

"Not ssure you need to bind them. May provoke them and they are dormant at the moment. Leave them be. We have a saying 'leave the sleepin mungos lie'." Ussal moves forward in case the foolish humans need protection, but he takes care not to disturb the chanting shaman.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Chrysagon removed one of the corpses' masks and donned it. Not only did it smell terrible, but his vision shifted to match the field of view belonging to the bronze disk; he could see the dais, the sarcophagus, and the far eastern wall of the room, but he could see none of the thrones, no matter how hard he tried to look left or right.

Dellrak used the last of the company's rope - this length had belong to the Thayans, and was carried by Ghorukk. He helped Chrysagon to tie up the first of the corpses, the one next to the entrance (also the one now missing its mask; its eye-sockets were sunken pits, as if its eyes had been cored out long before the rest of the corpse had dried to its current desiccated condition.)

They could continue to tie the other corpses, but they would be forced to cannibalize the rope-bridge in the room to the north. It was unclear if the bridge would still be needed - the group may wish to go back that way. On the other hand, there was always the staircase that they had discovered hidden in the nearby wall. No other exits were immediately obvious.

OOC: Okay, so I need to know if anyone plans to try to "blind" the disk of eyes; how they wish to do it; and what you want to do afterwards. Also, if you will actually continue to tie up corpses. AND whatever else you want to do in this room. It seems that only @Prickly Pear Chrysagon is all that interested in poking about here, for the most part. If any of the rest of you would like to do something, please feel free.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Tomb of Annihilation
Morning
Round 0

“We’re gaein’ t’ need more rope,” Angis said as he tied the last knot on this corpse. “We wan’ t’ take the bridge apart?” He didn’t look forward to traversing the rest of the tomb with no rope. He glanced at Chrysagon, who was playing with the death mask, and shook his head. “Mebbe we jus’ ‘ack off all their ‘eads?” he offered.

Torch: 596r (currently out)
0 goodberries

Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Attack 1:
Attack 2:
Bonus Action: Planar Warrior (first attack that hits)
Reaction: Opportunity Attack
Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:

Dellrak Character Sheet
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 15
HP: 58/58 HD: 6/6d10+3
Bolts: Enough

Detect Portal (1/R): Within 1 mile
Planar Warrior: As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The next time you hit that creature on this turn with a weapon attack, all damage dealt by the attack becomes force damage, and the creature takes an extra 1d8 force damage from the attack. When you reach 11th level in this class, the extra damage increases to 2d8.
Primeval Awareness (action and spell slot): For one minute per level of spell slot, detect within 1 mile (6 in favored terrain) aberrations, celestials, dragons, elementals, fey, fiends, and undead. This feature doesn’t reveal the creatures’ location or number.

Spells
1) 4/4 Protection from Evil/Good (Horizon Walker), Jump, Goodberry, Longstrider
2) 2/2 Misty Step (Horizon Walker, BA), Healing Spirit

Miss Imogen - female samurai, party member, Zhentarim
Chrysagon - male aasimar paladin, Order of the Gauntlet, Kelemvor
Harb - male human monk
Myrral - Tabaxi bard?
Qawasha (NPC) - Chultan druid
Kupalue (Weed, NPC) - vegepygmy
Hu’plo (NPC) Chultan
Kasqa (NPC) - Chultan warrior

"Give me your cloak, if it iss big enough to cover that sshield." hisses Ussal to Yassah.

His elongated frame doesn't really need shoulder cape. He hisses something and much quieter hissing can be heard from within his armor. Finally, a part of the armor unfolds and small, dragon-like creature takes the cloak.

Yassah offers the cloak and hisses, visibly taken aback at the sight of the small creature. Hissing exchange between two yuan-ti ensues in their language before Yassah retreats, subdued.

Small creature takes to the air keeping near the ceiling and going behind the undead statues until it reaches the space behind and above the shield. Diving down, it wraps the top of the cloak on the shields edge and lets the fabric fall over the eyes.

OOC:
Fitz, I took a bit of liberty with the guard, Quatl isn't the best image to have near yuan-ti so I took a bit worried/offended approach for Yassah.

Remove ads