D&D 5E (IC) Fitz's Folly

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Tomb of Annihilation
Morning
Round 0

Dellrak grunted. “Looks like one o’ them annoyin’ drop bears from the jungle. If ‘e’s a god, ‘ow’s ‘e dead? Seems like not dyin’ is kind o’ one o’ part o’ the job description. Even those drow got their naked dancin’ lady back, an’ ‘ow many times ‘as Mystra died? Wot number we on?”

Torch: 596r (currently out)
0 goodberries

Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Attack 1:
Attack 2:
Bonus Action: Planar Warrior (first attack that hits)
Reaction: Opportunity Attack
Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:

Dellrak Character Sheet
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 15
HP: 58/58 HD: 6/6d10+3
Bolts: Enough

Detect Portal (1/R): Within 1 mile
Planar Warrior: As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The next time you hit that creature on this turn with a weapon attack, all damage dealt by the attack becomes force damage, and the creature takes an extra 1d8 force damage from the attack. When you reach 11th level in this class, the extra damage increases to 2d8.
Primeval Awareness (action and spell slot): For one minute per level of spell slot, detect within 1 mile (6 in favored terrain) aberrations, celestials, dragons, elementals, fey, fiends, and undead. This feature doesn’t reveal the creatures’ location or number.

Spells
1) 4/4 Protection from Evil/Good (Horizon Walker), Jump, Goodberry, Longstrider
2) 2/2 Misty Step (Horizon Walker, BA), Healing Spirit

Miss Imogen - female samurai, party member, Zhentarim
Chrysagon - male aasimar paladin, Order of the Gauntlet, Kelemvor
Harb - male human monk
Myrral - Tabaxi bard?
Qawasha (NPC) - Chultan druid
Kupalue (Weed, NPC) - vegepygmy
Hu’plo (NPC) Chultan
Kasqa (NPC) - Chultan warrior

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"Even godss can die." hissed Yassah, still eyeing Ussal warily.

"Yes," agreed Qawasha, "But they may come back if they are still worshipped by their faithful. These trickster gods are unlikely to - there is no one left who believes in them."

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"I would be really surprised if they are really dead. The essence is still here, after all, we're talking about them. All it takes is someone to go from the jungle into the tribes and preach and convert new faithful. Uphill battle, to be sure...but not impossible."
When nothing attacked the group Myrral joined in
"Gods can die, but gods can be reborn too. Unless other gods killed them. Lots of stories about gods killing gods or new ones taking over. At the beginning there was Chaos. Nothingness. A Word. In all our backstories we have the initial undefined state. Until The Being came and created stuff. That's what origin stories are all about."
Looking inside he bares his fangs, ears flattening to his head
"Are we willing to take from the tomb of the god? Even dead one?"

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"Do we believe this tomb is causing the Curse?" asks Miss Imogen, standing at the threshold to the room but not entering. We have a larger task, cleansing an evil from this world that the gods have let thrive. You can rob graves later."

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Tomb of Annihilation
Morning
Round 0

“Dunnae look like there’s a lot ‘ere t’ steal anyway,” Dellrak noted. “Jus’ these corpses. We’re ‘ere f’r the curse, anyway. Ever’thin’ else is gravy.”

0 goodberries

Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Attack 1:
Attack 2:
Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:

Dellrak Character Sheet

Planar Warrior: As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The next time you hit that creature on this turn with a weapon attack, all damage dealt by the attack becomes force damage, and the creature takes an extra 1d8 force damage from the attack. When you reach 11th level in this class, the extra damage increases to 2d8.
Primeval Awareness (action and spell slot): For one minute per level of spell slot, detect within 1 mile (6 in favored terrain) aberrations, celestials, dragons, elementals, fey, fiends, and undead. This feature doesn’t reveal the creatures’ location or number.

Spells

Harb - male human monk
Myrral - Tabaxi bard?
Hu’plo (NPC) Chultan

Ussal looks over the ring. "What would thiss be? I mean, he doessn't need it and we may have sssome need in thissss place. I'm sure your ressident sssage..." he motions toward tabaxi with dismissive wave "...will have sssome sstories about fate bringing usss here and the unlikely help we get. Here goes nothing."
Motioning with his gauntleted hand toward the ring and raising his shield in front of his face just in case...
"O, great Obo'laka, I will borrow thiss ring in cassse this place is ssomehow usssing it as a focusss and I, a mortal, may need it to end the curse that may end our world. I ssswear to return it if you give me a ssign you need it. I will work having your favor and ssacrifissse in mind."
The ring raises from its resting place.

OOC: using mage hand to lift the ring

FitzTheRuke

Legend
As the ring rose into the air, dust swirled from within the sarcophagus. The dust coalesced into the form of a small bear-like creature that raised its arms and growled and then dispersed in a cloud, covering those nearby with a thin layer of dust.

The guardian corpses in their thrones stirred, shifting their positions, but before anyone drew weapons, they quickly returned to lying still, as if they had never moved at all.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Tomb of Annihilation
Morning
Round 0

“Oh, bluidy ‘ell…” Dellrak said as the corpses on the thrones started to shift, but they settled again. “Tha’ was close, lad.” He shook his head. “That ring special?”

0 goodberries

Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Attack 1:
Attack 2:
Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:

Dellrak Character Sheet

Spells

Harb - male human monk
Myrral - Tabaxi bard?
Hu’plo (NPC) Chultan

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Achoo, choo, snort!" Myrral sneezes and shakes out his fur of the dust. "You people without open noses should be more careful! It seems the spirit is not happy." Shaman rattles his fetish decorations and takes out an instrument. He plays a slow, serious tune on his small instrumental set, clicking his claws across the plates.
"I hope it is worth it, Ussal. And if you caused some additional curse that it will affect you, not the whole group. Not that we are that lucky."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases