D&D 5E (IC) Fitz's Folly

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Qawasha wasn't sure about the terracotta warriors, other than that he understood that they were in another one of the Tombs, which belonged to Omu's Trickster Gods. Which one this was would take further investigation, though he was confident that details of the sarcophagus would let him know, but he wasn't sure if finding out was important beyond his curiosity. The others they had seen so far had proved dangerous, and he doubted that this one would be any different.

"SSSSSS!" Ussal hisses, and continues in whisper "Sssilensse! I heard the legendsss. We don't want to wake the warriorsss. There are one, two, three, too many to count now, to many to fight. (four, five, six) Let uss invessstigate the altar...quietly (seven, eight, nine, ten) I don't make the sssound of walking, but I'm loud in a different way. How can we check the dais sssafely? (eleven, twelve, thirteen, ...)"

@FitzTheRuke Religion +4; History +7 if you think he could know about the spirit of the room

Qawasha
Race: Human
HP: 39/52
AC: 12/16(Barkskin)
Pass Perc: 17
Pass Inv: 12
Pass Ins: 14
HD: 6/7
Spell Slots:
1st [X ] [X][X] [ ]
2nd [X] [ ] [ ]
3rd
[X] [ X] [ ]
4th [X ]
Wild shape: 2/2Initiative: +2Spell Save DC: 15
STR: 10+0
DEX: 14 + 2
CON: 14 + 2
INT: 14+2(+5)
WIS: 18 +4(+7)
CHA:11 +0
Medicine: 7
Nature: 5
Perception: 7
Survival:
Natural Recovery: 0/1
Cantrips
Druidcraft, Shillelagh,
control flames, Produce Flame, Guidance
Memorized spells
1st Speak with Animals, Create Water, Goodberry, Entangle
2nd Animal Messenger, *Barkskin, *Spider Climb, L.Restoration, Spike Growth
3rd , Water Breathing, *Call lightning, *Plant Growth, Daylight
4th: Conjure Woodland being, Stone Shape, *Divination, *Freedom of Movement

Qawasha peeked under one of the statues to see if there was anything interesting about the statues themselves or if there was anything secreted away underneath.

Perception or Investigation: 1D20 = [18] = 18
If it's an Investigation check, the total is: 20
If it's a Perception check, the total is: 25

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Ussal was certain (from various clues on the armour of the warriors and markings he could see on the sarcophagus) that this was the Tomb of Shagambi - the trickster war god. A spirit that took the guise of a kamadan (a jaguar with snakes protruding from its shoulders). Shagambi's Temple, outside in Omu, had been raided by the Thayans. They would know more, had any of them survived to this point.

Qawasha looked up and down the rows of warriors, attempting to see if they were concealing anything. Though the far corners of the cross-shaped room were shrouded in darkness, a soft glow revealed that the two branches (left and right) had at their ends, some kind of active magical sigils carved into the floor, surrounded in warriors. The far side (they were gathered at one end of the cross) was out of his sight (furthest away and past the raised dais), but there too, was a soft glow about the warriors gathered there.

1700762180498.png

"I believe thisss isss a tomb of the war god, Shagambi. Sssoo, if anyone wantsss ssssuch addition to hisss ssssoul, you're welcome to it. (thirty three, thirty four, thirty five...)"

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Miss Imogen looks at the wreckage on the floor, marking the cruciform path. "We all think these creatures are about to come alive, right?" she asks, her whispered breath almost afraid to make a move.

"Perhaps one of us should make our way directly across, and be willing to sprint the rest of the way if needed," she suggests, eyes passing around looking for volunteers. "I could go if no one else were willing..." she offers herself.

OOC: With expeditious retreat, she can move 90' round (60' without), which is almost enough to reach the sigil opposite (or on one of the sides; I don't think we have reason to prefer one to another?). A rouge could also do it, and save the spell slot.

She could also take a single wellplaces bowshot on a distant terracotta warriro and we could see what happens...

Qawasha
Race: Human
HP: 39/52
AC: 12/16(Barkskin)
Pass Perc: 17
Pass Inv: 12
Pass Ins: 14
HD: 6/7
Spell Slots:
1st [X ] [X][X] [ ]
2nd [X] [ ] [ ]
3rd
[X] [ X] [ ]
4th [X ]
Wild shape: 2/2Initiative: +2Spell Save DC: 15
STR: 10+0
DEX: 14 + 2
CON: 14 + 2
INT: 14+2(+5)
WIS: 18 +4(+7)
CHA:11 +0
Medicine: 7
Nature: 5
Perception: 7
Survival:
Natural Recovery: 0/1
Cantrips
Druidcraft, Shillelagh,
control flames, Produce Flame, Guidance
Memorized spells
1st Speak with Animals, Create Water, Goodberry, Entangle
2nd Animal Messenger, *Barkskin, *Spider Climb, L.Restoration, Spike Growth
3rd , Water Breathing, *Call lightning, *Plant Growth, Daylight
4th: Conjure Woodland being, Stone Shape, *Divination, *Freedom of Movement

Qawasha looks older and more tired than usual as he leans heavily on his old crooked quarterstaff.

"If you make your way across, perhaps you will activate those sigils....but, from here I cannot make out what they could be.

Perhaps, before we proceed, we should spend a moment to look through the magical backpack that we found on the Thayan Wizard. The Thayans were looking for the same thing we were. Perhaps she had notes in there with clues of what to do."

Qawasha points at the backpack that Myrral has been shouldering for the past two days.

As he leans on his staff, his eyes go towards the staff that Chrysagon is wielding. Gesturing to it, he says to Chrysagon,

"My friend, your changes began after you took that staff. Did you not take it from a goat-headed man? Perhaps it is cursed."

The extra big font isn't because Qawasha is yelling...it's more to indicate OOC that we should probably finally do this. :)
@Neurotic
@Prickly Pear
@FitzTheRuke Do those symbols mean anything??
Arcana: 1D20+2 = [9]+2 = 11

Last edited:

Remove ads