D&D 5E (IC) Fitz's Folly

FitzTheRuke

Legend
There appeared to be no exits to the room, other than the way they had come in, but now that way was closed and as the Medusa statue disappeared, so did any way of opening it again.

They stood there, huddled at one end of the cross, whispering about their goals and troubles. Chrysagon lightly tapped one of the terracotta warriors with his staff - then stopped when Qawasha gave him a glare. The clay was old, and crumbled easily. As a piece knocked off onto the floor, Chrysagon could see that the armature used to support the clay into a humanoid form, was a human skeleton.

These had all once been Omuan soldiers.

Qawasha
Race: Human
HP: 39/52
AC: 12/16(Barkskin)
Pass Perc: 17
Pass Inv: 12
Pass Ins: 14
HD: 6/7
Spell Slots:
1st [X ] [X][X] [ ]
2nd [X] [ ] [ ]
3rd
[X] [ X] [ ]
4th [X ]
Wild shape: 2/2Initiative: +2Spell Save DC: 15
STR: 10+0
DEX: 14 + 2
CON: 14 + 2
INT: 14+2(+5)
WIS: 18 +4(+7)
CHA:11 +0
Medicine: 7
Nature: 5
Perception: 7
Survival:
Natural Recovery: 0/1
Cantrips
Druidcraft, Shillelagh,
control flames, Produce Flame, Guidance
Memorized spells
1st Speak with Animals, Create Water, Goodberry, Entangle
2nd Animal Messenger, *Barkskin, *Spider Climb, L.Restoration, Spike Growth
3rd , Water Breathing, *Call lightning, *Plant Growth, Daylight
4th: Conjure Woodland being, Stone Shape, *Divination, *Freedom of Movement

Qawasha grabbed the Paladin's sleeve before he could get far into the room,

Please, before you go, let us look in the bag."

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
Alright, Chrysagon said impatiently and sounded a bit grumpy but that was presumably due to the bleating when he spoke. What's in the bag?

And I think you are right, the staff must be cursed... but it is a strong and swift staff so I'm keeping it for now. Have you seen the force that I can expel from it? It's amazing! Chrysagon seems a little too besotted by the staff. Hopefully it will not be to his demise.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"I can go over the walls and get over the rune to read it. So can Grrol if needed. Maybe we don't need to walk among them. And if threatened, we can go above them." Myrral looks at the walls, rough enough for his claws to find purchase. "And we, the hunters, can rush faster than humans for the short sprint."

"I totally forgot about the bag. We said we will try and identify stuff from the wizard when last we rested, but that chariot got us all weirded out. I also got some weird potion in the secret room."

FitzTheRuke

Legend
They emptied the bag, which was unnaturally spacious. They found changes of robes, blankets, a bedroll, rope, and various other travel supplies including food and water, and a 12-foot ladder, before getting to the "good stuff" in the form of a spellbook, a journal, an orb of glass (with colorful blue swirls), and a necklace that was missing most of its decorations, but had four remaining red-and-orange glass beads on a simple chain.

Qawasha
Race: Human
HP: 39/52
AC: 12/16(Barkskin)
Pass Perc: 17
Pass Inv: 12
Pass Ins: 14
HD: 6/7
Spell Slots:
1st [X ] [X][X] [ ]
2nd [X] [ ] [ ]
3rd
[X] [ X] [ ]
4th [X ]
Wild shape: 2/2Initiative: +2Spell Save DC: 15
STR: 10+0
DEX: 14 + 2
CON: 14 + 2
INT: 14+2(+5)
WIS: 18 +4(+7)
CHA:11 +0
Medicine: 7
Nature: 5
Perception: 7
Survival:
Natural Recovery: 0/1
Cantrips
Druidcraft, Shillelagh,
control flames, Produce Flame, Guidance
Memorized spells
1st Speak with Animals, Create Water, Goodberry, Entangle
2nd Animal Messenger, *Barkskin, *Spider Climb, L.Restoration, Spike Growth
3rd , Water Breathing, *Call lightning, *Plant Growth, Daylight
4th: Conjure Woodland being, Stone Shape, *Divination, *Freedom of Movement

The "Good Stuff" as mundane as it seemed was the water and Qawasha took the water skin and offered it to weed and Imogen,

"Take some and share it around, my friends! This is the resting place of one of Tricksters. Perhaps, as long as we touch nothing and are respectful, we too can rest."

He offered the Journal to someone who might understand the intricacies of the Thayan Wizard's words.

@FitzTheRuke Do you think we can take a short rest? I could use some HP.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Myrral was burned by the fires before going into the water. He would like to take time and identify the baubles, but he has to mend his burns first. He starts a soft, soothing song to help others relax. Keeping it soft so that only companions can hear it. Hopefully, warriors are as stone deaf as they are stone.

He takes care that sound doesn't carry to the altar.

OOC: song of rest, whatever you recover with HD, you get extra 1d6HP

Remove ads