log in or register to remove this ad

 

[IC] JM's A Bit of Trouble (Book 2)

jmucchiello

Adventurer
GM: You are not really close to any edge of town. And even if you were, the town is pretty densely surrounded by farm land. Since you all met near where Everett slept off his drunken prior evening, I've assumed you are in the southern part of The Square near the border of The Riverfront as seen in the closeup map of bit here.
 
Last edited:

log in or register to remove this ad

eayres33

Explorer
Veit’s heart sank as he saw the guard hit the ground, the attack looked brutal and he doubted that the man would be getting up again. That was probably the end of the bear whether it was by their hands or by the local authorities.

His anger building Veit closed in on the bear. “I am sorry for this little buddy,” he said to the bear as he swung his maul.

OOC:

Veit uses bonus action to go into a rage and then move next to the bear and attacks with his Maul, will aim to knock out the bear. Attack roll with BI is 14. Damage if hit is 8.

The aim is to knock it out or to chase it away towards the edge of the city.

Veit attack with Bardic Inspiration: 1D20+5 = [6]+5 = 11
1D6 = [3] = 3

Veit Maul damage: 2D6+5 = [1, 2]+5 = 8

[sblock=Stats]
AC 15
HP 15/15
SPD 25
Initiative +2
Maul 5ft melee+5 to hit 2d6+3 bludgeoning
Handaxe 5ft melee or 20/60 ranged +5 to hit 1d6 +3 slashing
Javelin range 30/120 +5 to hit 1d6+3 piercing
Rage +2 damages 1 of 2 used.
[/sblock]
 

TallIan

Explorer
Perin thoughts raced, once this poor creature killed someone that would be the end of it, one way or another. The guard seemed in a bad way, and Viet had just given the bear a hefty clout - perhaps Viet could wait a second or two.

Perin headed towards the recently felled guard and checked him over, trying to stop the bleeding.

Medicine check on guard to stabilize: 1D20+2 = [19]+2 = 21


[SBLOCK=mini stats]
AC: 15
Initiative: +2
HP: 12

Offense:
ShortSword: +4 5ft 1d6(+2) Finesse Light
Crossbow: +4 80/320 1d8+2
[/SBLOCK]
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
The maul hits the bear manages to get an arm between the maul and its head reducing the overall impact of the blow. Still, it roars in pain from the impact.

Perin makes it to the guard and manages to find a pulse. He spends time trying to staunch the flow of blood from the deep claw wound.

GM: still the pc's turns.
I assumed Perin went to help the guard who was slammed and not the guard who has been on the ground since the bear escaped.
 

SunGold

First Post
Bree winces as Veit slams the bear. Her mind races as she scrambles for a good way out of this.

It occurs to her that with two guards down, they needed her friends' help badly. Maybe she could leverage that. "Wait!" she calls out to her friends. "Don't help them yet." She looks at the nearest guard, her expression furious.

"Give us the bear! You shouldn't have this - we'll clean up your mess, but let us take this beast home."
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
The guard who was closest to the bear as his friend was slammed says, "You can have him. I ain't paid enough for this." And he looks like he's going to run on his turn.

The guard who was next to the first injured guard says, "We are sure you can be paid well if you get the bear back in the cage."
 

Thateous

Explorer
"Oh my, that looked rather painful." Everett says as the man is batted away like a fly. He continues to move his bonfire ever closer to the bear in a attempt to herd the animal back into the cage. "Is he going to be alright?" he calls to Perin as she rushes to his aid.
 

SunGold

First Post
Bree nods, relieved that the guards don't seem up for a fight over this. "I'm not giving it to anyone who's paying. It's going home, to the forest."

She adds her own illusory flames near Everett's, helping to corral the bear toward the cage.
 
Last edited:


jmucchiello

Adventurer
Veit (and anyone else who hits DC 15),
As you watch the bear being herded toward the cage by the fires, you notice the cart the cage sits on is tipped backward a bit more than before. About ten feet away from the front of the cart you see a man leading a horse away and, conspicuously, there's no longer a horse attached to the cart. The man looks over his shoulder at you and immediately starts to lead the horse off the road, between a couple buildings.
 


eayres33

Explorer
Veit watches as the bear starts to move back towards the cart, out of the corner of his eye he sees the cart rock backwards slightly and he sees a man leading the cart’s horse away.

Talking evenly but loud enough for the others to hear, “Someone is taking the cart’s horse.”

 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
At Veit's announcement, the rest of you notice the horse is being lead around a corner by a man in a pale gray robe maybe 15 feet away from the cart.

GM: Perin still has an action before the guards and the bear act.

And the spoiler in post 50 is now public knowledge.
 

TallIan

Explorer
Perin,

Damned looters thought Perin. He still wanted to save the bear from the repercussions of killing a person. He headed for the first guard to be hit and checked him over.

Medicine check on guard to stabilize: 1D20+2 = [15]+2 = 17


OOC: Sorry I didn't realise that Perin still had a turn.

I was thinking Perin went for the most recent one to get hit first, this time to the one that was on the floor when the fight started.


[SBLOCK=mini stats]
AC: 15
Initiative: +2
HP: 12

Offense:
ShortSword: +4 5ft 1d6(+2) Finesse Light
Crossbow: +4 80/320 1d8+2
[/SBLOCK]
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
GM: Perin's triage was in the correct order.
I'm having issues with keeping track of stuff so I drew it out. Scale is 5 feet per square
Loose Bear.png
G1 is the lightly injured guard.
G2 is chasing the horse.
G3 fled to the north west.
G4 is the heavily injured guard.


The useless guard looks down at Perin tending to the first guard and repeat, "I'm sure our employer will pay... Stop! Horse thief!" And he runs toward around the bonfire and toward the alley the horse is disappearing down. The man Perin is tending to whispers, "Save Wiggles. He's a good bear. Deserves a better life."

The bear turns in fear away from the multiple fires and charges toward the roadway near the cage. (southeast corner of map)

Round 3, party goes.
 
Last edited:


Thateous

Explorer
Everett continues to use his conjured bonfire to herd the bear into the cage. His gloved hand moved toward Everett's mouth and gave it a pat as he yawned a giant yawn. His body was reminding him of the late night he'd just awoken from only a little while ago. His unseen servant then moved up behind him and the cloak dropped comfortably on his shoulders.


OOC: Thanks for the map. Just doing fluff stuff in the back, saying unseen servant's time is up now.
 

TallIan

Explorer
Perin,

Seeing the looter heading down the alley and the large opening the bear could still exploit, Perin raced after the guard. "Stop, you damned thief!" Perin yelled, sending a bolt after the thief for emphasis.

[SBLOCK=Actions and Rolls]
Move: behind G2
Action: attack horse thief with crossbow: Attack and damage vs horse thief : 1D20 = [6] = 6
1D8+2 = [6]+2 = 8

[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=mini stats]
AC: 15
Initiative: +2
HP: 12

Offense:
ShortSword: +4 5ft 1d6(+2) Finesse Light
Crossbow: +4 80/320 1d8+2
[/SBLOCK]
 


jmucchiello

Adventurer
GM: Valeria lands in front of the cart, in the square in the same horizontal row as the bonfire between the cart's horse runners.

Bree's up and then NPCs go.
 

Presents for Goblins

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top