log in or register to remove this ad

 

[IC] JM's A Bit of Trouble (Book 2)


log in or register to remove this ad

jmucchiello

Adventurer
GM: Okay, Bree and Veit. I want you both to make Intelligence checks. If you are proficient in Animal Handling or Performance, you can add your proficiency modifier to this roll. (I should have thought of this sooner.) The idea being do you get the bear into the cage or just get him moving in circles.

I'll post what the guards are doing shortly but the bear technically goes before them.
 





jmucchiello

Adventurer
GM: [sblock="map"] Loose Bear2.png[/sblock]Bree's quick thinking stops the bear from running south out of the small plaza. The bear is near the cage but seems reluctant to go in the cage.

Perin bolt goes wide as he watches the thief, the horse, and one of the bear's guards disappear into an alleyway south of the alley they were just in.

Top of the round, players go. The bear should end up in the cage this round unless something interferes or Everett and Bree stop their efforts prematurely.
 
Last edited:

TallIan

Explorer
Perin, Ranger 1

Perin raced down the side street to the entrance of the alley, working the lever on his crossbow to draw the string back. At the corner he seated another bolt and loosed it at the fleeing horse thief, this time striking true. That would have to be enough for the guard, Perin wasn't about to pursue anyone through their own home territory - that was asking for trouble.

[SBLOCK=Actions and Rolls]
Move: to corner of alleyway
Action: Shoot Th Perin Attack and damage: 1D20+4 = [14]+4 = 18
1D8+2 = [4]+2 = 6
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]
AC: 15
Initiative: +2
HP: 12

Offense:
ShortSword: +4 5ft 1d6(+2) Finesse Light
Crossbow: +4 80/320 1d8+2

Bolt: 38[/SBLOCK]
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
GM: The thief takes the hit to the arm and looks back at Perin. He then drops the reins and runs away around the next corner. The guard grabs the reins and stops the horse. "Easy, girl," he says as he starts to turn the horse around.

The bear ends up back in the cage and the guard leads the horse back to the cart by the end of this round. Unless Perin decides to pursue the thief, the encounter is basically over. There are still two wounded guards down.
 

TallIan

Explorer
OOC: Perin won't pursue the thief on his own, so unless the party follow immediately Perin will be back in the square by the time the bear is in the cage.

He will try and take note of the guys description though.
 

eayres33

Explorer
Veit moves slowly through the streets circling behind Bree and trying to make sure no one else interferes with getting the bear back in his cage.

OOC:

Veit perception: 1D20+3 = [16]+3 = 19

[sblock=Stat Block]
AC 15
HP 15/15
SPD 25
Initiative +2
Maul 5ft melee+5 to hit 2d6+3 bludgeoning
Handaxe 5ft melee or 20/60 ranged +5 to hit 1d6 +3 slashing
Javelin range 30/120 +5 to hit 1d6+3 piercing
Rage +2 damages 1 of 2 used.[/sblock]
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
The bear ends up in the cage and Perin returns to the square with the other guard leading the horse. Veit does not notice anything unusual in the gathered crowd.

"Thanks for catching the bear," the guard (G2) says as he starts to hitch the horse to the cart. The first injured guard (G1) gets to his feet unsteadily and moves over to the still unconscious guard (G4). "Rainny is pretty banged up, Joch," (G1) says to Joch (G2).

At this point a pair of town guards arrives, "Who harmed these men?" one of them asks.

GM: Everett, the town guards just arriving are wearing the livery of the Greygour household, your family's rivals.
 

Thateous

Explorer
"It wouldn't be day in Bit without running into the Greygour's." He says sarcastically under his breath. He raises a finger to get their attention. "Excuse me, gentlemen, so nice to see you as always. It was the bear who got the better of the men, however without their dutiful diligence it may have been innocent civilians strewn about the courtyard."
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
"Who's bear is this?" asks one of the town guards.

"Wiggles belongs to Master Riddley of the Riddley Family Circus," the first injured guard (G1) says as he walks over clutching his wound.

"The circus is over in the caravanserai, what are you doing wheeling him through the market?"

"Order sir. We were sent to a house up that way and told to pick up the bear." he says looking around. "Where's Mal?"

The guard who chased the horse (G2) returns, "He ran off, the idiot."

"He was our leader."
 

TallIan

Explorer
Perin,

"Well whatever you were doing here, you weren't doing it very well. You're lucky no one was killed." As much as Perin liked the circus, wild animals performing was not to his taste. He turns to the guards, "Someone was trying to steal the horse, I managed to wound him, but he got away. He,"Finnan points at the guard who was also pursuing the horse thief, "May have gotten a better look at the thief."

[SBLOCK=Ministats]
AC: 15
Initiative: +2
HP: 12

Offense:
ShortSword: +4 5ft 1d6(+2) Finesse Light
Crossbow: +4 80/320 1d8+2

Bolt: 38
[/SBLOCK]
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
The walking wounded guard says, "Hey, some guy grabbed the door and it swung open letting Wiggles out. I don't know why the door wasn't locked. That's Mal's fault."

The returning guard (G2) starts to hitch the horse to the cart as the town guards ask him to describe the horse thief.
 

Thateous

Explorer
"Ah yes, just what I need after a fun night on the town. Conspiracy and intrigue." He says, massaging his forehead. He sighs deeply before continuing. "So, WORST case Mal was involved in some kind ploy to free the bear... BEST case someone took advantage of Mal's negligence to cause a bit of anarchy." he says applying pressure to his eye's to ease the returning migraine.
 

eayres33

Explorer
Veit breathed a little easier once the bear was back in his cage. Frowning slightly as he looked around and couldn’t find any clean looking grass to chew on. “I agree, it sounds like someone took advantage of Mal’s mistake, the question becomes why?”
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
"Help me pick up Thom," G1 tells G2 and they try to pick up G4 (Thom) and lay him over the horse.

The town guards are asking bystanders and the owners of the tents that were trampled a bit by the bear what they saw. Most of the answers are in the form, I was minding me own business when that bear trashed the tent.
 


Presents for Goblins

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top