[IC] JM's A Bit of Trouble (Book 2)

As the squirrel approaches the guards are alert to its presence. As it gets close they get suspicious. "Is that a scroll?" One of them says, in Draconic. He reaches out to pick it up. "What's it say?" says the other. "Parley," the first says and they both start scanning the area to see if they see who sent the note. After a moment, they nod at one another and one of them slips back from their post for a moment with the note before returning. Several moments pass and a third lizardfolk appears. He sees the squirrel waiting and says to aloud. "It will take some time for the elder to get to this watch post."

Fifteen minutes pass before several more lizardfolk appear, one of them seems old. Three of the gathered lizardfolk set out in the direction the squirrel came from. (Assuming you direct the squirrel to lead them to you) they follow the squirrel. Four remain at the guard post. A moment or two passes and the party can hear the lizardfolk approaching.

The older one is unarmed. The other two have swords. None are wearing armor like the four who stayed behind at the guard post.

Thateous

Explorer
Everett kept everyone up to date as the squirrel observed their actions. "Well now gents. Let's hope for no blood shed." Everett jests as he moves to reveal himself.

"Do you all speak the language of dragons?" (when you say they don't, he switches to common.) "Yes, no blood shed is best. We expected a larger force of warm bloods to rise against Ariamhodary. He is power mad, that one. He has three tribes under his sway. We did not follow. What is it you seek?"

ArwensDaughter

Adventurer
“We seek the townspeople who were captured and taken into the swamp. We seek to end the great evil that Ariamhodary is doing to the townsfolk and, it appears, to you.” Surina said.

Thateous

Explorer
"Information if you have any elder. On the leader or the three tribes that have joined him. A larger force should be approaching the town, however we aim to free the people as soon as possible. I can not guarantee they will not try and attack, but I will leave an envelope with my house seal indicating that you are friend and not foe. Should you spot them approaching deliver it and you should have conflict. My name is Everett, I hope we will meet again under better circumstances."

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Brother Pelegon remains quiet during the parley, because he is not so sure that an apparently drunken softskin will impress the lizardpeople much. He does, however, listen carefully despite appearing to sway on his legs and his eyes not focusing on anything in particular.

A smile appears on his face for only an instant when the elder lizard declares that their allegiance is not, in fact, to the one called Ariamhodary. His angelic guide will probably praise him for preventing the death of innocents during his next sleep -- well, in between chasticing Pelegon for his drunkenness and dishonesty, of course.

((Weird color issue text))
"The warm bloods are used to dig. Ariamhodary claims there is an item of great power buried deep in the swamp and he uses your people to seek it. He treats like beasts of burden." The elder shakes his head in pity. He then speaks Draconic to his fellows, "They seek the evil one. We must help them. To the village." They nod and turn to lead you to the village. The elder continues in Common, "Please join us in our village."

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Feeling this to be far too elaborate and sophisticated to be a ruse, Swithun gruntedand nodded to the others in acknowledgement that they had been right to parlay with these lizardfolk. He bowed in respect snd made to follow them to their village.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases