D&D 5E (IC) (OneShot) JustinCase's Within The Circle

EarlyBird

Explorer
Thadius grins, the sharpness of his teeth accenting his demonic appearance. "Let us both hope so."

OOC: Moving this question up a page. jic
Does the creek/river run north/south?

Last edited:

eayres33

Explorer
Traubon woke up early, his head throbbing from too much drink and went around setting up his ritual to summon his little weasel friend. His little friend spent most of the journey sleeping on his neck and back pack.

Walking in his chain mail, Traubon stifled a laugh as James suggested baiting them out with our noisy friends. “To be honest, I’m not the best at scouting, I tend to make a lot of noise and my short legs don’t cover much ground.”

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Thistle
Evening

"I thought you religious types where all about repentance? Not being murder hobos," James said.

Magdalena raised an eyebrow. “Sometimes you have to smite evil before anyone can repent,” she said. “And it is not murder. It’s a goblin. And I’m not a hobo. I have a home.” She frowned and looked at the others. “Nor am I bait.”

She sighed, though, acknowledging that she was not adept at sneaking. “Fine. It is a sound enough plan, I suppose.”

[sblock=Actions]
Move:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Reaction:
Concentration:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
Inspirations:
AC: 16 (chainmail)
HP: 12/12 HD: 1/1d10
Divine Sense (3/LR)
Lay on Hands 5/5

Prepared Spells:

Spell Slots Remaining/Total
[/sblock]

Azurewraith

Explorer
James brushes off the smiting spiel, these religious types where all the same."Don't you worry we won't let any one sneak up on you, well we will but we will be sneaking up on them"

EarlyBird

Explorer
"Well then to the front with you Brother Traubon," Thadius says with his best short bow. "Best not to be late to any fighting should it start."

OOC: I (EB) know you are a wizard, but Thadius might just be mistaking you for a priest, in that chainmail.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Squire Jern nods grimly at the words exchanged. "Don't really care if you kill that goblin or bring him back in shackles. Just make sure he and his tribe don't poison us again."

Listening to the plan of exploring the area today, the squire agrees. "Just make sure you've got a plan before noon tomorrow."

As you move north towards the clearing, following Jern's instructions, you move next to the river, upstream, for about half an hour, before the path takes you in a slightly more western direction. Within an hour you are moving onto the clearing in the woods. Bordered by trees and low bushes except where two paths and a gametrail move away from the patch of grassy land, the clearing is vaguely circular in shape and approximately seventy feet at its narrowest. In the distance you can hear the river; unseen through the trees. Apart from crickets in the field, the occassional bird call, and the wind rustling through the trees, it is silent.

OOC: The river runs north-to-south. Do any of you carry torches or other illumination? Anything in particular you're looking for?

Azurewraith

Explorer
OOC: James will rely on his Darkvision

James inspects the clearing, it doesn't look good easy for the goblins to set up a ambush. James heads off looking for a spot to hide with a good view of the clearing

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Thistle
Evening

Magdalena couldn’t see a thing in this darkness. She peered around the clearing. The others were supposed to be hiding. She already didn’t like being bait. She didn’t want to get ambushed, either.

“I’m lighting a torch. I can’t see a thing,” the paladin muttered, unslinging her pack. She dropped it on the ground and dug around in it. She only had the one torch. She used her tinderbox to light it and then planted it into the ground at her feet to keep her hands free in case she needed to use her greatsword.

[sblock=Actions]
Move:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Reaction:
Concentration:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
Inspirations:
AC: 16 (chainmail)
HP: 12/12 HD: 1/1d10
Divine Sense (3/LR)
Lay on Hands 5/5

Prepared Spells:

Spell Slots Remaining/Total
[/sblock]

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
When the flames from the torch illuminate the area, it silences the crickets nearby for a few moments while the cawing of a bird somewhere in the trees resounds, taking offense at the sudden light as it flies away into the night.

After a few tense moments, things seem to settle down into the same comfortable calm.

EarlyBird

Explorer
"Well that should draw out at least an arrow or two." Thadius comments in a low voice.

After everything calms down and there seems to be no arrows coming, Thadius shrugs. "No? Alright then let's get on with this mission, shall we?"

The tiefling moves out of hiding and down towards the clearing led by the torch light. When he enters the dim circle of radiance he puts on a serious tone. "Well this place is safe enough. Let's go see what this storehouse has to offer us."

OOC: If I'm thinking this through right, the storehouse should be about another 1/2 hour north.

Remove ads